Old 14-12-2006, 11:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Default My first no knead bread attempt

"Ophelia" wrote

"graham" wrote

Don't come the raw prawn with us! Pull yer 'ead in! {:-)

OOOOhhhh I don't know what that one means) Perhaps I had better not
ask?

Hey, Ophelia! I've been wondering about you, nice to see you.

nancy

Old 14-12-2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Ophelia" wrote in
:

Don't come the raw prawn with us! Pull yer 'ead in! {:-)

OOOOhhhh I don't know what that one means) Perhaps I had better not
ask?

It's along the lines of .....
"Argggghhhh, stuff a duck..... you're a ******!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

http://www.beccycole.com/albums/vide...ter_girl.shtml

Old 14-12-2006, 12:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"PeterL" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote in news:45801d78$0$758
:

[Slipping into Aussie Ocker mode.....}

Bonzer cobber!!!!

I'm sure that's complimentary but I don't speak Aussie :-)

Mary

(Another version...)

Good on ya, mate!!

Thanks!

I'll try to remember that.

repeats to self "Bonzer cobber, Bonzer cobber, Bonzer cobber ...

Mary

Old 14-12-2006, 12:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Bruce" wrote in message
Dave Bell wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, PeterL wrote:

[Slipping into Aussie Ocker mode.....}

Bonzer cobber!!!!

Hmm - is that close to fair dinkum tucker?

Not quite. Possibly "I say, jolly good show chaps!" g
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Old 14-12-2006, 12:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
Dave Bell wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, PeterL wrote:

[Slipping into Aussie Ocker mode.....}

Bonzer cobber!!!!
Hmm - is that close to fair dinkum tucker?

Not quite. Possibly "I say, jolly good show chaps!" g

In ORKNEY???

Mary

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"
Old 14-12-2006, 04:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Bruce" wrote in message
Not quite. Possibly "I say, jolly good show chaps!" g

In ORKNEY???

Mary

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50 years
ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet grand
tha' knows"

Aye, Ah know abaat that sort 'o talk!

But tha's but a young un ...

Mary
Leeds

Old 14-12-2006, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
Not quite. Possibly "I say, jolly good show chaps!" g

In ORKNEY???

Mary

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's
reet grand tha' knows"

Aye, Ah know abaat that sort 'o talk!

But tha's but a young un ...

Unlike us eh Mary? Now, about those pies?

Old 14-12-2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Nancy Young wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote

"graham" wrote

Don't come the raw prawn with us! Pull yer 'ead in! {:-)

OOOOhhhh I don't know what that one means) Perhaps I had better
not ask?

Hey, Ophelia! I've been wondering about you, nice to see you.

Hey Nancy)) How are you????? )

I have been away for a while but all is well now and I am back)

Old 14-12-2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

PeterL wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in
:

Don't come the raw prawn with us! Pull yer 'ead in! {:-)

OOOOhhhh I don't know what that one means) Perhaps I had better
not ask?

It's along the lines of .....
"Argggghhhh, stuff a duck..... you're a ******!!

LOL thank you.... I think))

Old 14-12-2006, 05:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Bruce wrote:

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"

O waves to Bruce from Glasgow)))

I am a transplant too from Yorkshire)

Old 14-12-2006, 07:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Ophelia wrote:
Bruce wrote:

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"

O waves to Bruce from Glasgow)))

I am a transplant too from Yorkshire)

Hello O
Although we lived in the White Rose county for years (Scarborough) I was
brought up in the Derbyshire Peak District.
Old 14-12-2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Bruce" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Bruce wrote:

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"

O waves to Bruce from Glasgow)))

I am a transplant too from Yorkshire)

Hello O
Although we lived in the White Rose county for years (Scarborough) I was
brought up in the Derbyshire Peak District.

Oh well, that is a beautiful area too) I have had many a happy holiday
there eating Bakewell tart))))

Old 14-12-2006, 08:03 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

Ophelia wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Bruce wrote:

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"
O waves to Bruce from Glasgow)))

I am a transplant too from Yorkshire)

Hello O
Although we lived in the White Rose county for years (Scarborough) I was
brought up in the Derbyshire Peak District.

Oh well, that is a beautiful area too) I have had many a happy holiday
there eating Bakewell tart))))

Shirley a Bakewell Pudding g
Old 14-12-2006, 08:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking

"Bruce" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message
Ophelia wrote:
Bruce wrote:

I'm living in Orkney but not an native-born Orcadian g
And if I used the vernacular of the village in which I was raised 50
years ago I'd probably say something like "Eeh bah gum lad, yon's reet
grand tha' knows"
O waves to Bruce from Glasgow)))

I am a transplant too from Yorkshire)
Hello O
Although we lived in the White Rose county for years (Scarborough) I was
brought up in the Derbyshire Peak District.

Oh well, that is a beautiful area too) I have had many a happy holiday
there eating Bakewell tart))))

Shirley a Bakewell Pudding g

ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yessss indeed)

O slinks off to wash out her mouth with soap and water((

Oh those puddings are heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!!