Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smoke Grilled Jerk Chicken

Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
cucumber salad.

https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
> -sw

Headlines will read "jerk spatchcocks penetration and smokes flied
lice"

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 11:13:58 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> > for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> > oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> > cucumber salad.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >
> > -sw
> >

> Headlines will read "jerk spatchcocks penetration and smokes flied
> lice"

Steve sexually pleasured that old hen before he ate it, Hank...it clucked with pleasure...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/13/2021 11:38 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
> -sw

that looks tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/13/2021 8:38 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
> -sw

You serve it on a Frisbee?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 10:59:36 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 5/13/2021 8:38 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>> cucumber salad.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>You serve it on a Frisbee?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>cucumber salad.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
>-sw

That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> > for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> > oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> > cucumber salad.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >
> > -sw

> That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
> you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning
> Janet US

I wouldn't expect anything less than jerk seasoning from Steve.

--
The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
> -sw

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ray wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2021 10:59:36 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
> > On 5/13/2021 8:38 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> >> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> >> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> >> cucumber salad.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >>
> >> -sw
> >>

> > You serve it on a Frisbee?

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:47:55 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>>for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>>oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>>cucumber salad.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>>
>>-sw

>That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
>you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning
>Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg

"We dont thrive on military acts. We do them because we have to, and thank God we are efficient..."

- Golda Meir
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 May 2021 13:47:55 -0600, US Janet wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>>for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>>oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>>cucumber salad.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg

> That is a good looking chicken.

The other chickens don't think so. But it kinda sexy to humans.

> I imagine it is pretty spicy since you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning

Yes, it was too spicy. I haven't been eating much spicy food lately
so my tolerance is pretty low.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> cucumber salad.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>
> -sw

Looks great!Â* I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning.Â* Time to give
it a go.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:47:59 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> >for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> >oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> >cucumber salad.
> >
> >https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >
> >-sw

> That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
> you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning

I'm sure there's a mild version.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:47:59 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 May 2021 22:38:51 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:
> > > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2
> > > days for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan
> > > and post oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool
> > > German cucumber salad.
> > >
> > > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> > >

> > > -sw

> > That is a good looking chicken. I imagine it is pretty spicy since
> > you seasoned it with a jerk seasoning

> I'm sure there's a mild version.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> > for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> > oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> > cucumber salad.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >
> > -sw

> Looks great!Â* I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning.Â* Time to
> give it a go.

It's good but it can be very spicy. Some versions are milder and work
better.

Major plus for the Gochujang Rice! I do that too.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/23...seasoning-rub/

Adjust the Cayenne pepper to your level. I've actually made it with
Paprika and been happy with the results but that's for fast cooking as
it turns bitter with longer cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:50:43 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
> > for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
> > oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
> > cucumber salad.
> >
> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> >
> > -sw

> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to give
> it a go.

Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 13:35:01 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:50:43 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> > Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>> > for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>> > oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>> > cucumber salad.
>> >
>> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>> >
>> > -sw

>> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to give
>> it a go.

>Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2021 4:35 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:50:43 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2 days
>>> for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan and post
>>> oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool German
>>> cucumber salad.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw

>> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to give
>> it a go.

> Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.

Thanks for the reminder. I've not done that for years and it is pretty
good. I have some boneless thighs in the freezer so that may be next week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 5:35:46 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 5/15/2021 4:35 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

> >> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to give
> >> it a go.

> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
> >

> Thanks for the reminder. I've not done that for years and it is pretty
> good. I have some boneless thighs in the freezer so that may be next week.

good stuf.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-05-15 4:35 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 9:50:43 PM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Home made jerk paste dry brined into a spatchcocked chicken 2
>>> days for flavor penetration, and then smoke-grilled over pecan
>>> and post oak 1.5 hours. Served with gochujang flied lice and cool
>>> German cucumber salad.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg

-sw
>> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to
>> give it a go.

> Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
> throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
> salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.

That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from jerk
chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger, allspice, and
other spices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-05-15 4:35 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg

> -sw
> > > Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to
> > > give it a go.

> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
> >

> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
> jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
> allspice, and other spices.

I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.

I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2021-05-15 4:35 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
>> >
>> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
>> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
>> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
>> >

>> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
>> jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
>> allspice, and other spices.

>I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
>parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.
>
>I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
>'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
>recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
>swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

I thought Americans say "hot" where I'd say "spicy". And that to
Americans "spicy" refers to things like cinnamon, not to chilli
peppers or wasabi.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 May 2021 12:50:11 +1000, Sean > wrote:

>On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
>>> jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
>>> allspice, and other spices.

>>I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
>>parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.
>>
>>I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
>>'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
>>recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
>>swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

>I thought Americans say "hot" where I'd say "spicy". And that to
>Americans "spicy" refers to things like cinnamon, not to chilli
>peppers or wasabi.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>> > > >

>> -sw
>> >
>> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
>> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
>> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
>> >

>> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
>> jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
>> allspice, and other spices.

>I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
>parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.
>
>I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
>'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
>recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
>swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.

It's not spicy but it's definitely sweet. Good with chicken vegetable
soup and chili. I even like a slice of it for a "dessert-like snack."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 May 2021 21:32:21 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:

>https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
>> > > >

>> -sw
>> >
>> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
>> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
>> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
>> >

>> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
>> jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
>> allspice, and other spices.

>I'm used to it being fairly spicy too but I don't negate that in some
>parts of the world, it might be called 'jerk chicken'.
>
>I'm in another message forum (not usenet) and they'd think that
>'spicy'. Needless to say, they aren't into what I am but I now post
>recipies that are blnd as hell for them. Not hateful people but I
>swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 6:55:22 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-05-15 4:35 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:

> -sw
> >> Looks great! I don't think I've ever had jerk seasoning. Time to
> >> give it a go.

> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
> >

> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from jerk
> chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger, allspice, and
> other spices.

No. It doesn't use anything else but Italian salad dressing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> > I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes
> out of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.
>
> It's not spicy but it's definitely sweet. Good with chicken vegetable
> soup and chili. I even like a slice of it for a "dessert-like snack."

Works for me too but I'm more apt to make the deep southern old time
one with the gritty corn and minimal sugar but lots of bacon fat.
Basically I like both types.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 May 2021 10:36:24 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 6:55:22 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> -sw
>> >
>> > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4 hours,
>> > throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with more Italian
>> > salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk chicken.
>> >

>> That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from jerk
>> chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger, allspice, and
>> other spices.

>No. It doesn't use anything else but Italian salad dressing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> > I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.

> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes
> out of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.
>
> It's not spicy but it's definitely sweet. Good with chicken vegetable
> soup and chili. I even like a slice of it for a "dessert-like snack."

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:

> On Saturday, May 15, 2021 at 6:55:22 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

> > cool >>> German cucumber salad.
> > >>>

> > https://i.postimg.cc/Gh14gShJ/Jerk-C...ked-Smoked.jpg
> > >
> > > Its simple. Marinate chicken in Italian salad dressing for 4
> > > hours, throw it on the grill and turn it while basting it with
> > > more Italian salad dressing. There, you have grilled jerk
> > > chicken.
> > >

> > That would be a marinated grilled chicken but it is a far cry from
> > jerk chicken. Jerk chicken uses hot peppersm garlic, ginger,
> > allspice, and other spices.

> No. It doesn't use anything else but Italian salad dressing.

The real Walter de Rochebrune posts with uni-berly.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 5:48:47 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > I swear some seem to think Jiffy Cornbread mix is 'spicy'.
>>

> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
> of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.

You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 1:24:13 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> On 5/16/2021 5:00 PM, wrote:

> >> Unpopular here among all the great chefs in RFC but I like that stuff
> >> occasionally. I'm making a batch today, in fact. As soon as it comes out
> >> of the oven, butter the top while it's hot.
> >>

> > You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside?

> Just different cooking methods.
> I'll mix up one box of Jiffy and also add an extra TBS or 2 of milk,
> pour into an 8" cake pan and bake. This results in thick/dense cornbread
> only 1" or less thick.
>
> Compare to thick fudge brownies vs puffy cake-like brownies.
>
> As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
> of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
> top. Then I let it cool down then store in a plastic produce bag to
> retain the moisture.

I have cooked that stuff in a small rice cooker. You have to flip that over once. I think it comforting to know that you can have cornbread if you have a small rice cooker, a box of Jiffy mix, and some water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 2:11:38 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 1:24:13 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:

> > > You don't split your slice of cornbread open and butter the inside?

> > Just different cooking methods.
> > I'll mix up one box of Jiffy and also add an extra TBS or 2 of milk,
> > pour into an 8" cake pan and bake. This results in thick/dense cornbread
> > only 1" or less thick.
> >
> > Compare to thick fudge brownies vs puffy cake-like brownies.
> >
> > As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
> > of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
> > top. Then I let it cool down then store in a plastic produce bag to
> > retain the moisture.

> I have cooked that stuff in a small rice cooker. You have to flip that over once. I think it comforting to know that you can have cornbread if you have a small rice cooker, a box of Jiffy mix, and some water.

At the dollar store, they have little single serve nukeable cake batter now. Just add water.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 8:39:47 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 2:11:38 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:

> > > Just different cooking methods.
> > > I'll mix up one box of Jiffy and also add an extra TBS or 2 of milk,
> > > pour into an 8" cake pan and bake. This results in thick/dense cornbread
> > > only 1" or less thick.
> > >
> > > Compare to thick fudge brownies vs puffy cake-like brownies.
> > >
> > > As soon as it comes out of the oven and is still hot, I'll rub a stick
> > > of butter over the top many times. Lots of butter that soaks in via the
> > > top. Then I let it cool down then store in a plastic produce bag to
> > > retain the moisture.

> > I have cooked that stuff in a small rice cooker. You have to flip that over once. I think it comforting to know that you can have cornbread if you have a small rice cooker, a box of Jiffy mix, and some water.

> At the dollar store, they have little single serve nukeable cake batter now. Just add water.

Oddly enough, those things work fine in the microwave. My guess is that a box of Jiffy mix would work too and it'll probably be 6 times faster. Baking a cake in seconds indicates the highest level of technological sophistication of any civilization.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 17, 2021 at 3:43:47 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> Baking a cake in seconds indicates the highest level of technological sophistication of any
> civilization.

I'd rather it be good than it be fast.

Cindy Hamilton