Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Smoke Grilled Jerk Chicken

bruce bowser wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>> I don't consider a
>> treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
>> hamster.

> I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
exercise machines.

Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
and people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:50:57 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> bruce bowser wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:
> >> I don't consider a
> >> treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
> >> hamster.

> > I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
> exercise machines.
>
> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
> and people.

I say running along the beach is best.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2021 7:54 AM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:50:57 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

>> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
>> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
>> exercise machines.
>>
>> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
>> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
>> and people.

> I say running along the beach is best.

Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 08:06:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>On 5/19/2021 7:54 AM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
>>> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
>>> exercise machines.
>>>
>>> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
>>> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
>>> and people.

>> I say running along the beach is best.
>>

>Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
>the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 04:54:48 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 7:50:57 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> bruce bowser wrote:
>> >
>> > I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

>> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
>> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
>> exercise machines.
>>
>> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
>> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
>> and people.

>I say running along the beach is best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2021 8:06 AM, Gary wrote:

> Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
> the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

Should we start calling you 'Forrest Gump'?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 6:50:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> bruce bowser wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:
> >> I don't consider a
> >> treadmill or a nordic track any benefit unless one has the IQ of a
> >> hamster.

> > I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
> exercise machines.
>
> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
> and people.

A bunch of my co-workers left and went to Peloton. An assistant manager
left, and he started pirating some of the best workers. I wasn't one of them.
About 6 months before he left, he had to give me my review, and I cussed at
him for minutes straight about my wage not being commensurate with my
skills and performance. I said stuff like, "You know this is ****ing bullshit,
and I know you didn't make the ****ing decision, but you get ****ing paid to
listen to this." I didn't suffer any repercussions for mouthing off to an exec,
but I also didn't get any more money.

We got along fine after that, and he quit about 6 months later, and not long
after that I threw another fit about my working conditions. I didn't get any
more money, but I got everything else, exactly the position and exactly the
hours I wanted, and I can leave early any time I want if I'm done with my
tasks. My last performance review was glowing, and I don't even care that
I only got a 2% increase. Shit, I'm only a few years from retirement.

The Peloton guy didn't offer me a job, and I told one of my work buddies to
tell him that if I knew what I know now, maybe I wouldn't have cussed at
him for 10 minutes straight, because I knew it would get a laugh, which it
did, since everyone concerned knew that I'm happy where I'm at, and there
is zero chance that I'd toss the dice with job satisfaction for a few more
dollars an hour. In 4-1/2 years I'll be on Medicare, at which point I will
never again work a single minute on anyone's timeclock.

I worked extra today. My tasks were completed, but there was a call-off
in another department, so I volunteered to pitch in there, without being
asked. Then I came home and made dinner, which was pan seared steak,
mushroom gravy, and chopped, peel on potatoes, boiled, with a little carrot,
slivered with a peeler added near the end, that I whipped with the mixer.

The mushroom gravy was sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter, then put
into a pot with cornstarch slurry, a little beef BtB, white pepper, a tiny bit of
onion powder and some added butter.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 15:57:41 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 6:50:57 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> bruce bowser wrote:
>> >
>> > I have run around a conventional race track, but haven't done so in awhile.

>> I used to run on a local school track occasionally for timed speed
>> workouts but they are very boring too. Even worse are all the home
>> exercise machines.
>>
>> Best to run outdoors and bike outdoors too. You get fresh air and
>> sunshine and plenty of mind-stimulus seeing constantly changing views
>> and people.
>>

>A bunch of my co-workers left and went to Peloton. An assistant manager
>left, and he started pirating some of the best workers. I wasn't one of them.
>About 6 months before he left, he had to give me my review, and I cussed at
>him for minutes straight about my wage not being commensurate with my
>skills and performance. I said stuff like, "You know this is ****ing bullshit,
>and I know you didn't make the ****ing decision, but you get ****ing paid to
>listen to this." I didn't suffer any repercussions for mouthing off to an exec,
>but I also didn't get any more money.
>
>We got along fine after that, and he quit about 6 months later, and not long
>after that I threw another fit about my working conditions. I didn't get any
>more money, but I got everything else, exactly the position and exactly the
>hours I wanted, and I can leave early any time I want if I'm done with my
>tasks. My last performance review was glowing, and I don't even care that
>I only got a 2% increase. Shit, I'm only a few years from retirement.
>
>The Peloton guy didn't offer me a job, and I told one of my work buddies to
>tell him that if I knew what I know now, maybe I wouldn't have cussed at
>him for 10 minutes straight, because I knew it would get a laugh, which it
>did, since everyone concerned knew that I'm happy where I'm at, and there
>is zero chance that I'd toss the dice with job satisfaction for a few more
>dollars an hour. In 4-1/2 years I'll be on Medicare, at which point I will
>never again work a single minute on anyone's timeclock.
>
>I worked extra today. My tasks were completed, but there was a call-off
>in another department, so I volunteered to pitch in there, without being
>asked. Then I came home and made dinner, which was pan seared steak,
>mushroom gravy, and chopped, peel on potatoes, boiled, with a little carrot,
>slivered with a peeler added near the end, that I whipped with the mixer.
>
>The mushroom gravy was sliced mushrooms sauteed in butter, then put
>into a pot with cornstarch slurry, a little beef BtB, white pepper, a tiny bit of
>onion powder and some added butter.
>>

>--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 May 2021 17:15:36 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/19/2021 8:06 AM, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
>> the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

>Should we start calling you 'Forrest Gump'?
>
>Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 5:15:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 5/19/2021 8:06 AM, Gary wrote:
> >
> > Yes! Most of my running miles were on the Boardwalk. One mile slow to
> > the beach, 5-10 miles on the boardwalk then one mile home.

> Should we start calling you 'Forrest Gump'?

Only if Tom Hanks your hero, OK?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:30:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 5/18/2021 9:07 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> > On 2021-05-18 7:48 a.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> >> On Tue, 18 May 2021 01:49:23 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

> > tps://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

> >> A moist carrot cake with walnuts needs no icing, will make me a very
> >> Happy Birthday.
> >>

> > That may be, but a nice, rich, cream cheese icing is one of the great
> > things about a good carrot cake.

> I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch. I
> have new neighbors living across the street. They moved in last Summer
> so with the whole social distancing and mask thing we "met" at a
> distance while we were both in our respective driveways. She asked me
> for some recommendations for things like trash pickup companies,
> landscape companies, etc. I jotted some things down and placed in the
> message box under their mailbox. A few days later she left a small
> carrot cake with cream cheese icing outside my front door with a "thank
> you" note.

Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 12:38:21 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:30:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> > tps://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

>> > That may be, but a nice, rich, cream cheese icing is one of the great
>> > things about a good carrot cake.

>> I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch. I
>> have new neighbors living across the street. They moved in last Summer
>> so with the whole social distancing and mask thing we "met" at a
>> distance while we were both in our respective driveways. She asked me
>> for some recommendations for things like trash pickup companies,
>> landscape companies, etc. I jotted some things down and placed in the
>> message box under their mailbox. A few days later she left a small
>> carrot cake with cream cheese icing outside my front door with a "thank
>> you" note.

>Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.

The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:

> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.

What is "cheese cake icing"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>
>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>

>What is "cheese cake icing"?

The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

--
This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 16:33:12 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>

>>What is "cheese cake icing"?

>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 16:33:12 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>

>>What is "cheese cake icing"?

>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:33:17 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
> >>
> >> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
> >>

> >What is "cheese cake icing"?
> >

> The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.
>
> This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
> Dave Smith.

Cheese cake does not have an icing. I'm assuming he was talking about
cream cheese icing but I wanted to see if I'd missed a new icing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 22 May 2021 16:33:12 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM UTC-5, bruce bowser wrote:
>>>
>>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>>

>>What is "cheese cake icing"?

>The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 03:34:04 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 19:29:56 -0700, wrote:
>
>> Cheese cake does not have an icing. I'm assuming he was talking about
>> cream cheese icing but I wanted to see if I'd missed a new icing.

>Since you say 'he' instead of 'you', we can assume you knew you were
>talking to a Dave of a different colère.
>
>What he (Dave 3 if you include the one from Hawaii) said is just blank
>rhetoric. Obviously too lame to be taken as witty (except, perhaps by
>that wacky Bryan), it resembles output from debug versions of the 1966
>MIT Artificial Intelligence Program program 'Eliza'.
>
>The Bruce expansions into RFC nymspace are probably robots. The original
>'Bad' Bruce only has a few seconds to get in a response to everyone else's
>posts; how else could new Bruces possibly keep up?
>

>It's real easy for a scripter to fake someone like that. Probably Cindy &
>Steve could but they always seem too busy. Of course, John could as well
>if he could read the manual to fix his computer, but that's on the
>computer, so it's a real chicken & egg conundrum.
>
>I would, but I have other stuff to do too. Like going to bed.

This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from an
alternative Dave Smith. It's a common name, you know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 03:34:04 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Sat, 22 May 2021 19:29:56 -0700, wrote:
>
>> Cheese cake does not have an icing. I'm assuming he was talking about
>> cream cheese icing but I wanted to see if I'd missed a new icing.

>Since you say 'he' instead of 'you', we can assume you knew you were
>talking to a Dave of a different colère.

You're trying really hard to sound more intelligent than you are.
"Colère" is anger in French. That's not what you meant You probably
meant "of a different couleur". "Couleur" is -you guessed it- colour
in French.

>What he (Dave 3 if you include the one from Hawaii)

dsi1 calls himself dsi1 here.

>said is just blank
>rhetoric. Obviously too lame to be taken as witty (except, perhaps by
>that wacky Bryan), it resembles output from debug versions of the 1966
>MIT Artificial Intelligence Program program 'Eliza'.

"From debug versions", lol.

>The Bruce expansions into RFC nymspace are probably robots. The original
>'Bad' Bruce only has a few seconds to get in a response to everyone else's
>posts; how else could new Bruces possibly keep up?

Now that, at least, is observant. How can the fake Bruces (there's
only one fake Bruce, but anyway) react so quickly? Because he's that
obsessed. "Robots", gimme a break

>It's real easy for a scripter to fake someone like that. Probably Cindy &
>Steve could but they always seem too busy. Of course, John could as well
>if he could read the manual to fix his computer, but that's on the
>computer, so it's a real chicken & egg conundrum.
>
>I would, but I have other stuff to do too. Like going to bed.

I don't think Cindy or Steve could do that, but I know one thing for
su you wouldn't have a chance in hell. "Scripter", lol.

Sleep well

--
This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from another
Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:43:20 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 10:30:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:

> > Cheese cake does not have an icing.

> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

I haven't. The place sounds gack-worthy.

The only topping I have on cheesecake is a thin, baked-on layer of slightly
sweetened sour cream.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 10:13 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9:43:20 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
>> On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 10:30:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> Cheese cake does not have an icing.

>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

> I haven't. The place sounds gack-worthy.

bowser is obviously the maven of fast food and chain restaurants.

> The only topping I have on cheesecake is a thin, baked-on layer of slightly
> sweetened sour cream.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've had some fruit toppings on a slice of cheesecake which are quite
nice if used sparingly. I do prefer it plain. Certainly not with any
sort of "icing".

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 11:04:04 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/23/2021 10:13 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

>> I haven't. The place sounds gack-worthy.
>>

>bowser is obviously the maven of fast food and chain restaurants.

countable noun [American English]
A maven is a person who is an expert on a particular subject.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di.../english/maven

--
This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2021 1:38 PM, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 5:30:41 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> tps://photos.app.goo.gl/a1Wo4HpZH8tqGEVz8

>>> That may be, but a nice, rich, cream cheese icing is one of the great
>>> things about a good carrot cake.

>> I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch. I
>> have new neighbors living across the street. They moved in last Summer
>> so with the whole social distancing and mask thing we "met" at a
>> distance while we were both in our respective driveways. She asked me
>> for some recommendations for things like trash pickup companies,
>> landscape companies, etc. I jotted some things down and placed in the
>> message box under their mailbox. A few days later she left a small
>> carrot cake with cream cheese icing outside my front door with a "thank
>> you" note.

> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.

You need a cake safe:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/398146423289784110/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 1:19:58 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:

> On 5/22/2021 8:29 PM, wrote:
>
> > Cheese cake does not have an icing.
> >

> Sure does:
>
> https://www.lekue.com/eu/recipes/iced-cheesecake.html
>
> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...ple-cheesecake

Neither of those desserts have an icing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 5:42:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 1:19:58 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
> >
> > On 5/22/2021 8:29 PM, wrote:
> >
> > > Cheese cake does not have an icing.
> > >

> > Sure does:

https://www.lekue.com/eu/recipes/iced-cheesecake.html

> > https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...ple-cheesecake
> >

> Neither of those desserts have an icing.

Google icing and cheesecake together.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 10:30:02 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:33:17 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> > > On Sat, 22 May 2021 13:24:13 -0700 (PDT), "

> > > The type of icing one puts on a cheese cake.
> > >
> > > This is not a message from Dave Smith from Canada, but from the other
> > > Dave Smith.
> > >

> > Cheese cake does not have an icing.

> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Cheese cake does not have an icing.

>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.

Why? Are the honkeys there really mean to yoose?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 19:08:39 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:

>>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

>> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.
>>

>Why? Are the honkeys there really mean to yoose?

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 16:59:38 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

>> > Cheese cake does not have an icing.

>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

>The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 14:42:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 1:19:58 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> On 5/22/2021 8:29 PM, wrote:
>>
>> > Cheese cake does not have an icing.
>> >

>> Sure does:
>>
>> https://www.lekue.com/eu/recipes/iced-cheesecake.html
>>
>> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...ple-cheesecake
>>

>Neither of those desserts have an icing.

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 May 2021 12:44:32 -0600, wolfy's new skateboard
> wrote:

>On 5/22/2021 1:38 PM, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> I'd eat carrot cake without the icing but it does add a nice touch. I
>>> have new neighbors living across the street. They moved in last Summer
>>> so with the whole social distancing and mask thing we "met" at a
>>> distance while we were both in our respective driveways. She asked me
>>> for some recommendations for things like trash pickup companies,
>>> landscape companies, etc. I jotted some things down and placed in the
>>> message box under their mailbox. A few days later she left a small
>>> carrot cake with cream cheese icing outside my front door with a "thank
>>> you" note.

>> Spice cake is great with cheese cake icing, though i've noticed that spice cake doesn't keep very well. In my opinion, not even for one day.
>>

>You need a cake safe:
>
>https://www.pinterest.com/pin/398146423289784110/

This is a message from the other Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:59:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

> > > Cheese cake does not have an icing.

> > Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.

The only thing I feared about that area of Ala Moana Blvd, etc.. were the pebbles on the Waikiki beach sometimes. I thought they were too coarse. But hey, Tokai seafood buffet restaurant was there, that's why I'd be there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:59:41 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> I fear going to Waikiki.

My husband used to loathe Waikiki. He'd fly out to work at K Bay, but could
get the government rate only at downtown hotels. One time his room was right
above the IHOP, and was constantly filled with the nauseating smell of
their product.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 3:42 PM, wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 1:19:58 PM UTC-5, wolfy's new skateboard wrote:
>>
>> On 5/22/2021 8:29 PM, wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese cake does not have an icing.
>>>

>> Sure does:

https://www.lekue.com/eu/recipes/iced-cheesecake.html

>> https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/...ple-cheesecake
>>

> Neither of those desserts have an icing.

Oh.

My bad:

https://www.dantiigo.com/2020/05/lot...heesecake.html

https://www.floweraura.com/blog/best...arty-for-sweet

Blueberry Cheesecake
The love for cheese is eternal, whether in pizza or a cake. When the hot
winds blow outside, you bake blueberry cheesecake inside. Buttery layers
richly covered in blueberry puree isnt only beautiful, its incredibly
delicious to taste.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 5:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Cheese cake does not have an icing.

>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.

McGarrett got the same way toward the end...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2021 6:08 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 3:43:20 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:

>>> Then, you haven't been to the Cheese Cake Factory.

>> The young folks love that place. I've eaten there because the kids
>> want to have a celebration of some sort there. To be honest, thinking
>> about that place makes me feel queasy in my guts. It's also located in
>> Waikiki. I fear going to Waikiki.
>>

> Why? Are the honkeys there really mean to yoose?

Fear of Asian tourists maybe?