Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Probably not most. That chain is limited to the Southwest.

I'm not a schnitzel fan, but this is my favorite German restaurant:

https://www.metzgers.net/

Cindy Hamilton

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
>the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
other way

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 dsi1 wrote:

>I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog.

Here we go with the ukeleli MOST people... what a brainless twit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:45:08 PM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
> >
> > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> Probably not most. That chain is limited to the Southwest.
>
> I'm not a schnitzel fan, but this is my favorite German restaurant:
>
> https://www.metzgers.net/
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> Cindy Hamilton

they've got a good solid menu.

the twin goblets or now it's called the two goblets is pretty good here. it's best described as a european restaurant. we also had the berlin restaurant(kitchener was called berlin at one time; up until 1916), but it lasted only about 2 years.

http://twogoblets.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 5:16:44 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:
>
> >by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> >the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> >the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
> murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
> protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
> still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
> other way
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

when you plow fields and kill moles, worms, snakes etc. what is that? even if you only eat vegan. animals are killed while tending crops. what do you do if a wild hog(s)invades your cornfields? out comes the rifle.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal
> there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are
> known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because
> i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel
> was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came
> in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a
> fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan
> fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to
> deep fry.

I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?)
think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well,
the entire world.

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

==

I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
isn't a hot dog

It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think in
Germany they use veal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/16/2019 5:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1"Â* wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria.Â* the veal
>> there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on.Â* they
>> are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel
>> because i wasn't that hungry.Â* on the menu it was advertised that the
>> schnitzel was veal.Â* oh.Â* that's nice.Â* what i got was a preformed
>> patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried.Â* what
>> a disappointment.Â* a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been
>> so much better.
>> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it.Â* it is
>> pan fried in butter and veggie oil.Â* most places, even european places
>> tend to deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people
> (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies
> to, well, the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>
> ==
>
> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
> isn't a hot dog
>
> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think
> in Germany they use veal.

I doubt anything he says about what "Americans" think. No doubt he
Googled and found this as the first hit:

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Doesn't make it so!

It's traditionally made with veal. Pork and chicken work well, too.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/wiener...recipe-1447089

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 18:47:16 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 3/16/2019 5:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "dsi1"* wrote in message
>>
>> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>>> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria.* the veal
>>> there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>>> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on.* they
>>> are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel
>>> because i wasn't that hungry.* on the menu it was advertised that the
>>> schnitzel was veal.* oh.* that's nice.* what i got was a preformed
>>> patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried.* what
>>> a disappointment.* a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been
>>> so much better.
>>> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it.* it is
>>> pan fried in butter and veggie oil.* most places, even european places
>>> tend to deep fry.

>> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people
>> (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies
>> to, well, the entire world.
>>
>> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>>
>> ==
>>
>> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
>> isn't a hot dog
>>
>> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think
>> in Germany they use veal.

>I doubt anything he says about what "Americans" think. No doubt he
>Googled and found this as the first hit:
>
>https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>
>Doesn't make it so!
>
>It's traditionally made with veal. Pork and chicken work well, too.
>
>https://www.thespruceeats.com/wiener...recipe-1447089

And don't forget, when you say goodbye to a German:
"Aufwienerschnitzel!" Which basically means "until the next time we'll
have dinner together".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
> >
> > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from....

Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself "Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are mysterious. I think they are insane.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:02:38 PM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

My best ever was in Slovenia. It was served with mashed potatoes that had fried onions mixed in. I tried to duplicate the potato /onion dish but was not able to.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:16:44 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:
>
> >by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> >the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> >the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

> OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
> murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
> protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
> still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
> other way
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

I can see your point. I feel badly for killing animals, dismembering them, and then eating their flesh. The good news is that in the future we won't have to do this. My guess is that within 50 years, eating animal flesh will be considered taboo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:29:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
>> >
>> > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

>> we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from...

>Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself "Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are mysterious. I think they are insane.

There are fast food joints in California called "Der
Weinerschnitzel",,, the most awful dawgs on der planet.
https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:32:40 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:16:44 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>> >the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
>> >the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

>> OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
>> murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
>> protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
>> still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
>> other way
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>I can see your point. I feel badly for killing animals, dismembering them, and then eating their flesh. The good news is that in the future we won't have to do this. My guess is that within 50 years, eating animal flesh will be considered taboo.

well there is a possibility that I may be around then... If I am, ****
a taboo,, Bacon is GOOD!!!

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:34:54 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal
> > there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are
> > known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because
> > i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel
> > was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came
> > in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a
> > fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan
> > fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to
> > deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?)
> think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well,
> the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>
> ==
>
> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
> isn't a hot dog
>
> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think in
> Germany they use veal.

I have had meat cutlets but veal cutlets on this rock are rather rare. OTOH, Japan style chicken cutlets are quite popular in Hawaii. I have made pork cutlets but have never called it a wienerschnitzel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucj2TcD8Bm0
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:29:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> >
>> > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
>> >
>> > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

>> we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from...

>Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself "Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are mysterious. I think they are insane.

Ignorant chain owners making fast food for an ignorant public. It's
Wienerschnitzel, by the way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 20:37:43 -0400, wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:29:16 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

>>> we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from...

>>Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself "Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are mysterious. I think they are insane.

>There are fast food joints in California called "Der
>Weinerschnitzel",,, the most awful dawgs on der planet.
>https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Wienerschnitzel, not Weinerschnitzel. Why is this so hard? Nobody
would write restuarant or barbeceu.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 17:32:40 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:16:44 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>> >the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
>> >the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

>> OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
>> murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
>> protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
>> still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
>> other way
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>I can see your point. I feel badly for killing animals, dismembering them, and then eating their flesh. The good news is that in the future we won't have to do this. My guess is that within 50 years, eating animal flesh will be considered taboo.

Yes, maybe in 50, maybe in 100 years it will be looked down upon in
disgust. Like an ancient, barbaric practice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 11:16:44 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>>> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
>>> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

>> OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
>> murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
>> protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
>> still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
>> other way
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> I can see your point. I feel badly for killing animals, dismembering them, and then eating their flesh. The good news is that in the future we won't have to do this. My guess is that within 50 years, eating animal flesh will be considered taboo.

George Jetson ate bacon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:21:19 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-16 9:08 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> > On 3/16/2019 8:37 PM, wrote:

> >> There are fast food joints in California called "Der
> >> Weinerschnitzel",
> >>

> > California is not representative of "America" any more than the Hawaiian
> > Islands are.Â* Regardless, when did you or any of us mainlander's ever
> > confuse wiener schnitzel with a hot dog?!

> It's amazing living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific leads him to
> assume that people on the mainland weinershnitzel with weiners. Maybe
> there are some people with the IQ and ignorance of a Hawaiian who don't
> know the difference. Maybe there is a difference in regional
> pronunciation. Around here hot dogs are wienrs with a W, but
> Weinerschnitzel starts with a V sound.

Evidently, this Hawaiian knows more about North American culture than the North Americans. It seems that there are people there that are unaware of a restaurant franchise called "Wienerschnitzel" and that one of the things that you can't get there are wiener schnitzels. Inexplicably, you can get hot dogs. The ways of the white man are mysterious.

There are people on the mainland that don't know the cultural significance of green beer or what it means. They think that the beer in Hawaii is green.. My guess is that those culturally deprived, isolated souls, would be alarmed by a sight such as this:

https://i.imgur.com/4Cwna.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

On 3/16/2019 5:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal
>> there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>> the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they
>> are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel
>> because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the
>> schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed
>> patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what
>> a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been
>> so much better.
>> the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is
>> pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places
>> tend to deep fry.

> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people
> (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies
> to, well, the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
>
> ==
>
> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
> isn't a hot dog
>
> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think
> in Germany they use veal.

I doubt anything he says about what "Americans" think. No doubt he
Googled and found this as the first hit:

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

Doesn't make it so!

It's traditionally made with veal. Pork and chicken work well, too.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/wiener...recipe-1447089

Jill

==

That is how I make mine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love
> > wrote:
> > > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal
> > > there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they
> > > are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel
> > > because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the
> > > schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed
> > > patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what
> > > a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been
> > > so much better.
> > > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is
> > > pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places
> > > tend to deep fry.

> > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people
> > (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies
> > to, well, the entire world.
> >
> > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or
> someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger
> from...

Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself
"Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are
mysterious. I think they are insane.

==

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Am Sonntag, 17. März 2019 01:12:29 UTC+1 schrieb Bruce:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 18:47:16 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
> >On 3/16/2019 5:34 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> >> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people
> >> (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies
> >> to, well, the entire world.
> >>
> >> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
> >>
> >> ==
> >>
> >> I have had wienerschnitzel in Germany and I also make it myself, but it
> >> isn't a hot dog
> >>
> >> It is a thin slice of meat, I use pork, bread crumbed and fried. I think
> >> in Germany they use veal.

> >I doubt anything he says about what "Americans" think. No doubt he
> >Googled and found this as the first hit:
> >
> >https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/
> >
> >Doesn't make it so!
> >
> >It's traditionally made with veal. Pork and chicken work well, too.
> >
> >https://www.thespruceeats.com/wiener...recipe-1447089

> And don't forget, when you say goodbye to a German:
> "Aufwienerschnitzel!" Which basically means "until the next time we'll
> have dinner together".

Bullshit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 8:29:20 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:56:57 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
> > >
> > > https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> > we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from....

> Beats me why a restaurant on the mainland would call itself "Weinerschnitzel" and not serve any cutlets. The ways of the white man are mysterious. I think they are insane.

It's a play on words.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 9:01:36 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 20:37:43 -0400, wrote:

> >There are fast food joints in California called "Der
> >Weinerschnitzel",,, the most awful dawgs on der planet.

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> Wienerschnitzel, not Weinerschnitzel. Why is this so hard? Nobody
> would write restuarant or barbeceu.

Really? You don't think people would misspell words in their
own language? I guess we don't need spellcheckers or proofreaders
anymore.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 12:42:30 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:21:19 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> > > California is not representative of "America" any more than the Hawaiian
> > > Islands are.Â* Regardless, when did you or any of us mainlander's ever
> > > confuse wiener schnitzel with a hot dog?!

> > It's amazing living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific leads him to
> > assume that people on the mainland weinershnitzel with weiners. Maybe
> > there are some people with the IQ and ignorance of a Hawaiian who don't
> > know the difference. Maybe there is a difference in regional
> > pronunciation. Around here hot dogs are wienrs with a W, but
> > Weinerschnitzel starts with a V sound.

> Evidently, this Hawaiian knows more about North American culture than the North Americans. It seems that there are people there that are unaware of a restaurant franchise called "Wienerschnitzel" and that one of the things that you can't get there are wiener schnitzels.

It's because the franchise is mainly in the Southwest. Those of us
who live outside the Southwest are blissfully ignorant of its existence.

> Inexplicably, you can get hot dogs. The ways of the white man are mysterious.

It's marketing. Even a person with Asperger's Syndrome can figure
that out.

> There are people on the mainland that don't know the cultural significance of green beer or what it means. They think that the beer in Hawaii is green. My guess is that those culturally deprived, isolated souls, would be alarmed by a sight such as this:

Lots of people have never encountered cheap American ****water dyed green.
And they're the better for it.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, March 17, 2019 at 7:09:49 AM UTC-4, Sanne wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 17. März 2019 01:12:29 UTC+1 schrieb Bruce:

> > And don't forget, when you say goodbye to a German:
> > "Aufwienerschnitzel!" Which basically means "until the next time we'll
> > have dinner together".

> Bullshit.

Bruce was making a joke. He's from the Netherlands; I imagine he
understands enough German to make that joke.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

wrote:

> > >There are fast food joints in California called "Der
> > >Weinerschnitzel",,, the most awful dawgs on der planet.

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> > Wienerschnitzel, not Weinerschnitzel. Why is this so hard? Nobody
> > would write restuarant or barbeceu.

> Really? You don't think people would misspell words in their
> own language?

I doubt a first-language German speaker would.

Wein and wien are not homophones, they rhyme with mine and mean.

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

> > > Wienerschnitzel, not Weinerschnitzel. Why is this so hard? Nobody
> > > would write restuarant or barbeceu.

> > Really? You don't think people would misspell words in their
> > own language?

> I doubt a first-language German speaker would.
>
> Wein and wien are not homophones, they rhyme with mine and mean.

I know. And they mean, respectively, wine and Vienna.

But after years on Usenet, can you doubt that there are
Americans who could misspell "restaurant" or "barbecue"?
I've seen it myself.

Cindy Hamilton