Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ChristKiller@deathtochristianity.pl is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:02:34 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
>the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
>the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

OMG I have never in my life had a wiener or a schnitzel... Meat is
murder, even if it tastes super duper delicious and give me the
protein and nutrients that a growing boy like myself needs. Meat is
still murder, but hey if you give me some bacon I just may look the
other way

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____