View Single Post
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:22:51 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 10:02:38 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > by far the best schnitzel i ever had was in vienna austria. the veal there must be different, because i've never had a schnitzel as good.
> > the worst was in a country inn not too far from kitchener on. they are known for their great pork hocks, but i chose the wiener schnitzel because i wasn't that hungry. on the menu it was advertised that the schnitzel was veal. oh. that's nice. what i got was a preformed patty which came in frozen(i know these things) and deep fried. what a disappointment. a fresh pork or chicken schnitzel would have been so much better.
> > the 'classic' way to make a schnitzel is to not deep fry it. it is pan fried in butter and veggie oil. most places, even european places tend to deep fry.

>
> I don't wish to upset you or anything but, in America, some people (most?) think that a wiener schnitzel is a hot dog. My profuse apologies to, well, the entire world.
>
> https://www.wienerschnitzel.com/

we call hot dogs here wieners some times. a wiener is just something or someone from vienna(wien) a frankfurter from frankfurt, a hamburger from...