Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default best and worst wiener schnitzel

On Saturday, March 16, 2019 at 4:21:19 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-03-16 9:08 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> > On 3/16/2019 8:37 PM, wrote:

> >> There are fast food joints in California called "Der
> >> Weinerschnitzel",
> >>

> > California is not representative of "America" any more than the Hawaiian
> > Islands are.Â* Regardless, when did you or any of us mainlander's ever
> > confuse wiener schnitzel with a hot dog?!

> It's amazing living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific leads him to
> assume that people on the mainland weinershnitzel with weiners. Maybe
> there are some people with the IQ and ignorance of a Hawaiian who don't
> know the difference. Maybe there is a difference in regional
> pronunciation. Around here hot dogs are wienrs with a W, but
> Weinerschnitzel starts with a V sound.

Evidently, this Hawaiian knows more about North American culture than the North Americans. It seems that there are people there that are unaware of a restaurant franchise called "Wienerschnitzel" and that one of the things that you can't get there are wiener schnitzels. Inexplicably, you can get hot dogs. The ways of the white man are mysterious.

There are people on the mainland that don't know the cultural significance of green beer or what it means. They think that the beer in Hawaii is green.. My guess is that those culturally deprived, isolated souls, would be alarmed by a sight such as this:

https://i.imgur.com/4Cwna.jpg