Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 08:00:23 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/30/2017 5:50 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>>> Definitely not a good idea for anyone watching their weight, will
>>> easily put on ten pounds a month by encouraging fried foods.* However
>>> they are very good for those who don't have a weight problem.
>>>

>> * Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
food is drained on paper towels.

>He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>Jill

Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
clue why popping corn pops. Mayhaps were you not so intent on
attempting to denigrate others you'd learn how to cook... posting
pictures of take-out is NOT cooking... that's exactly the same as
posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net and thinking
anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked, you
should be very embarrassed/ashamed of how badly you trashed perfectly
good ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:10:31 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Demonstrating your ignorance...

Demonstrating your own. Food in an air fryer is sprayed
lightly with oil.

<https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>
><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
oil-less or not!?

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>

IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none. Go to this site and
click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
answers that say they use no oil
http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none. Go to this site and
click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
answers that say they use no oil
http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
Janet US

==

Thanks for this

I bought mine today and now I am looking for advice/recipes etc etc.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B. wrote:
>notbob wrote:
>>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>>
>>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>>oil-less or not!?
>>
>><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>>
>>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>>
>>nb
>>

>I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none.

Yep, for two small french fries... 'lightly' is a totally meaningless
word.

>Go to this site and
>click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
>answers that say they use no oil
>http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
>Janet US

It's simply not possible to fry without oil[period]

Janet US is another ninny that can't cook a lick. If I desired I can
emulate exactly the same results one can with an air fryer by oiling
food, placing it in a pan, and placing the pan in my stove's oven...
they are even hawking non-stick screens on TV to air fry food in an
oven. Actually for smaller quantities one can do the same in a
microwave oven... there are gadgets for that too... microwave ovens
are fantastic for crisping fatty foods.
Those air fryers are another gimmick used by appliance sellers to
separate ninnies from their dollars, and to make them obese... all the
airhead fatsos will be touting air fryers... air fry another dozen
donuts, Janet!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

"sprayed lightly" is a totally meaningless term, each person's lightly
is different. She can't answer the question because she can't cook
(not a lick), hasn't a clue. That URL says exactly what I already
posted, air fryers require oiling the food, otherwise it's NOT
fried... how much oil is the quantity that would be sufficient to
produce the same results as tradionally fried food. Personally I
don't want a gizmo that encourages eating fried food. I eat very
little fried foods, eggs is about all I fry, and then I blot them on
paper towels in a paper plate. Most of the meats I cook are in
stews/soups, thereby making it very easy to skim off what quantity I
consider excess fat, which is most. I fry burgers, however it's meat
I grind myself of cuts that are very lean... if I want juicy burgers I
top them with sauted onions that are sauted in no cholesterol olive
oil and then I drain them by leaving the pan tilted so the excess oil
can run off, with most of the moisture being the water contained in
onions. I make a concerted effort to reduce my/our fat consumption.
Having a contraption that makes it convenient to fry foods and that
also promotes healthfulness by LYING about fat content is something I
don't want... I can see folks stuffing their maws with air fried spuds
thinking they contain fewer calories than fried spuds from fast food
joints... simpletons!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 14:45:54 -0500, wrote:

>"sprayed lightly" is a totally meaningless term, each person's lightly
>is different. She can't answer the question because she can't cook
>(not a lick), hasn't a clue. That URL says exactly what I already
>posted, air fryers require oiling the food, otherwise it's NOT
>fried... how much oil is the quantity that would be sufficient to
>produce the same results as tradionally fried food. Personally I
>don't want a gizmo that encourages eating fried food. I eat very
>little fried foods, eggs is about all I fry, and then I blot them on
>paper towels in a paper plate. Most of the meats I cook are in
>stews/soups, thereby making it very easy to skim off what quantity I
>consider excess fat, which is most. I fry burgers, however it's meat
>I grind myself of cuts that are very lean... if I want juicy burgers I
>top them with sauted onions that are sauted in no cholesterol olive
>oil and then I drain them by leaving the pan tilted so the excess oil
>can run off, with most of the moisture being the water contained in
>onions. I make a concerted effort to reduce my/our fat consumption.
>Having a contraption that makes it convenient to fry foods and that
>also promotes healthfulness by LYING about fat content is something I
>don't want... I can see folks stuffing their maws with air fried spuds
>thinking they contain fewer calories than fried spuds from fast food
>joints... simpletons!

At least they'll be made from real potatoes. Much better than
McDonalds fries:

"Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed
milk"

Plus, you can choose your oil and you determine how much you use, if
any.

The only problem is that air frying didn't exist in the 50s, so fuddy
duddy you rejects it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 14:45:54 -0500, wrote:

>On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>>
>>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>>
>>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>>oil-less or not!?
>>
>><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>>
>>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>>
>>nb

>"sprayed lightly" is a totally meaningless term, each person's lightly
>is different. She can't answer the question because she can't cook
>(not a lick), hasn't a clue. That URL says exactly what I already
>posted, air fryers require oiling the food, otherwise it's NOT
>fried... how much oil is the quantity that would be sufficient to
>produce the same results as tradionally fried food. Personally I
>don't want a gizmo that encourages eating fried food. I eat very
>little fried foods, eggs is about all I fry, and then I blot them on
>paper towels in a paper plate. Most of the meats I cook are in
>stews/soups, thereby making it very easy to skim off what quantity I
>consider excess fat, which is most. I fry burgers, however it's meat
>I grind myself of cuts that are very lean... if I want juicy burgers I
>top them with sauted onions that are sauted in no cholesterol olive
>oil and then I drain them by leaving the pan tilted so the excess oil
>can run off, with most of the moisture being the water contained in
>onions. I make a concerted effort to reduce my/our fat consumption.
>Having a contraption that makes it convenient to fry foods and that
>also promotes healthfulness by LYING about fat content is something I
>don't want... I can see folks stuffing their maws with air fried spuds
>thinking they contain fewer calories than fried spuds from fast food
>joints... simpletons!

you know that no one reads your stuff anymore, don't you? We've
read it all before at least a hundred time. yawn
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 1:15:51 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
> > Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
> >
> ><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

> The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
> lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
> this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
> oil-less or not!?

Not completely oilless. Try these guys:

<https://www.skinnytaste.com/?s=air+fryer&submit=%EF%80%82>

To be honest, the end of that URL displayed as a non-ASCII character
for me, so it might not work well. I went to skinnytaste.com and
plugged "air fryer" into their search box.

> <https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
> IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
> nb

Shall I play footsie with you, instead?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 12:20:32 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 1:15:51 PM UTC-5, notbob wrote:
>> On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>>
>> > Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>> >
>> ><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>> The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>> lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>> this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>> oil-less or not!?

>Not completely oilless. Try these guys:
>
><https://www.skinnytaste.com/?s=air+fryer&submit=%EF%80%82>
>
>To be honest, the end of that URL displayed as a non-ASCII character
>for me, so it might not work well. I went to skinnytaste.com and
>plugged "air fryer" into their search box.

Plugged?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> * Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

>It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
>absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
>the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
>fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
>frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
>caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
>food is drained on paper towels.
>
>>He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>>popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>>I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>>Jill

>Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
>in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
>absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
>clue why popping corn pops. Mayhaps were you not so intent on
>attempting to denigrate others you'd learn how to cook... posting
>pictures of take-out is NOT cooking... that's exactly the same as
>posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net and thinking
>anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
>seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked, you
>should be very embarrassed/ashamed of how badly you trashed perfectly
>good ingredients.

you shouldn't try to answer something you know nothing about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 8:28:58 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> you shouldn't try to answer something you know nothing about.

You can take that to the bank, right there!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Taking a poll (WAS: Air Fryers)

wrote:

>>> Â* Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

> It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
> absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
> the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
> fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
> frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
> caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
> food is drained on paper towels.
>
>> He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>> popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>> I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>> Jill

> Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
> in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
> absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
> clue why popping corn pops.

Why would I care how corn pops? FWIW, water in the kernel heats up and
makes it explode. It's really better cooked in oil. Having said that,
I don't eat popcorn. I do love grilled corn on the cob.

? Mayhaps were you not so intent on
> attempting to denigrate others

You mean you? Denigrating is hardly the word for it. Contradicting,
perhaps. Can't stand it, can you?

> you'd learn how to cook... posting
> pictures of take-out is NOT cooking...

You're the one always demanding pictures of what people eat. Then you
post links to chinese restaurant take-out containers. What?!

>that's exactly the same as
> posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net

Pot, kettle, black. I've never posted a picture lifted off the net.

> anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
> seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked,

Yeah, I've never cooked and posted pictures of anything I've cooked in
the last 25 years. Anyone else who believes that please raise their hand.

Jill

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 12:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 06:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 12:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM