Default Deep Fryers

I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Viviane

Think about other ways of eating food that don't involve deep frying. Once
you wean yourself off the taste of everything with extra fat you'll find
that food does actually have some nice flavours!

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
> Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
> two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Viviane

Think about other ways of eating food that don't involve deep frying. Once
you wean yourself off the taste of everything with extra fat you'll find
that food does actually have some nice flavours!

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
> Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
> two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Cape Cod Bob

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:17:17 +1100, "Viviane"
> wrote:

>Think about other ways of eating food that don't involve deep frying. Once
>you wean yourself off the taste of everything with extra fat you'll find
>that food does actually have some nice flavours!
>
> wrote in message
roups.com...
>> I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
>> Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
>> two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Learn to properly deep fry and you will learn a perfectly legitimate
and delicious way to add to your cooking methods. If you steamed food
for hours, you would say the same thing about steam cooking.
------------
There are no atheists in foxholes
or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
game.
____

Cape Cod Bob
Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Delete the two "spam"s for email
Viviane

I disagree with that. Whilst food that has been steamed for hours will
probably disintegrate (depending on what you're cooking) and may taste
bland, it won't have picked up a whole load of extra calories for no
nutritional value that you get from deep frying. The frightening levels of
obesity in the US (and to a lesser degree in other affluent western
countries) show this. In Australia it seems that the fatter people are and
the less they are educated, the more fried food they eat - must be some sort
of causal link there.

"Cape Cod Bob" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:17:17 +1100, "Viviane"
> > wrote:
>
>>Think about other ways of eating food that don't involve deep frying.
>>Once
>>you wean yourself off the taste of everything with extra fat you'll find
>>that food does actually have some nice flavours!
>>
> wrote in message
groups.com...
>>> I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
>>> Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
>>> two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

> Learn to properly deep fry and you will learn a perfectly legitimate
> and delicious way to add to your cooking methods. If you steamed food
> for hours, you would say the same thing about steam cooking.
> ------------
> There are no atheists in foxholes
> or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
> game.
> ____
>
> Cape Cod Bob
> Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
> Delete the two "spam"s for email

Peter Aitken

"Viviane" > wrote in message
> I disagree with that. Whilst food that has been steamed for hours will
> probably disintegrate (depending on what you're cooking) and may taste
> bland, it won't have picked up a whole load of extra calories for no
> nutritional value that you get from deep frying. The frightening levels

of
> obesity in the US (and to a lesser degree in other affluent western
> countries) show this. In Australia it seems that the fatter people are

and
> the less they are educated, the more fried food they eat - must be some

sort
> of causal link there.

You mean that eating fried food causes a lower educational level?

But seriously, *properly* fried food contains very little extra fat - that
is, beyond what's in the food itself. Keep the oil hot enough, do not crowd
the food, drain it properly, and almost no oil gets into the food. Of course
the problem is that few restaurants and fewer home cooks know how to fry
properly and they *do* end up with a load of extra fat in the food. Even
with proper technique, frying does add some calories - partly because of the
batters that are often used - and should be an occasional thing for most
people.

--
Peter Aitken

Jon Endres, PE

I don't recall the original poster asking anything about the health benefits
of deep frying foods, only which model or brand seemed to be acceptable. I
certainly wouldn't want to be preached to about my choice of food
preparation if I wasn't specifically asking about it. Besides, if you've
never eaten a piece or three of genuine American Southern fried chicken, you
have no idea what flavor is.

Also, you might want to keep in mind that not everyone eats deep fried foods
or high fatty foods all the time. The oriental cuisines are full of fried
foods - Chinese in particular, also Japanese tempura, etc. and there are
certainly not an overabundance of obese people in Asia. Such things should
be eaten in moderation anyway.

To the OP - look into the Waring DF200. It is highly rated, has a large
capacity, and would be suitable for most any size family. Either that, or
if you have the $$$, get a countertop commercial model from a restaurant
supply place.

JE

"Viviane" > wrote in message
> Think about other ways of eating food that don't involve deep frying.

Once
> you wean yourself off the taste of everything with extra fat you'll find
> that food does actually have some nice flavours!
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > I'm thinking of purchasing a new deep fryer and wondered about the
> > Magimix ones. Are they the best, bearing in mind that there's only the
> > two of us? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Peter Aitken

"Jon Endres, PE" t> wrote in
message ...
> I don't recall the original poster asking anything about the health

benefits
> of deep frying foods, only which model or brand seemed to be acceptable.

> certainly wouldn't want to be preached to about my choice of food
> preparation if I wasn't specifically asking about it. Besides, if you've
> never eaten a piece or three of genuine American Southern fried chicken,

you
> have no idea what flavor is.

Like 99.999% of the people in France, Italy, India, China, etc etc. Yep,
it's well known that those poor folks don't know a durned thing about
flavor.

--
Peter Aitken