Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
thanks, Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 1:20 PM, rosie wrote:
> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
> thanks, Rosie

Â* Buy it , you'll love it . Particularly good for stuff like frozen
(breaded) chicken strips , shrimps , tater tots , any food that's
usually deep or pan fried is a candidate . The only down side we've seen
it that there must be a little oil of some kind on (fried) stuff or it
doesn't brown well . Ours gets used at least 2 or 3 times a week . We
got one for each of our 3 kids for Christmas , they were a big hit .
Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-12-30, Terry Coombs > wrote:

> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

Sure! I buy those all the time!! (not)

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> * Buy it , you'll love it . Particularly good for stuff like frozen
>(breaded) chicken strips , shrimps , tater tots , any food that's
>usually deep or pan fried is a candidate . The only down side we've seen
>it that there must be a little oil of some kind on (fried) stuff or it
>doesn't brown well . Ours gets used at least 2 or 3 times a week . We
>got one for each of our 3 kids for Christmas , they were a big hit .
>Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

Definitely not a good idea for anyone watching their weight, will
easily put on ten pounds a month by encouraging fried foods. However
they are very good for those who don't have a weight problem.
Since my wife has had a double knee replacement she ddoesn't want to
gain any weight, not that she's overweight anyway, but we decided to
eat healthier for the new year so we will celebrate with pot roast
rather than oven roast... it's very easy to skim the fat from braised
meat. I already have the 5+ pound top round seasoned for browning and
then braising manana:
https://postimg.org/image/mdgjdlxez/
Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
to shame.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
> thanks, Rosie

I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
purpose.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-12-30 4:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
>> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
>> thanks, Rosie

> I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> purpose.

A friend of mine tried one. She used it a few times and was happy enough
with it. You can do the same thing in an oven, so you don't have to
spend the money on another appliance that is likely to end up taking up
storage space beside the bread maker, stand mixer and waffle iron.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:35:53 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>> Terry Coombs wrote:
>>>
>>> Buy it , you'll love it . Particularly good for stuff like frozen
>>> (breaded) chicken strips , shrimps , tater tots , any food that's
>>> usually deep or pan fried is a candidate . The only down side we've seen
>>> it that there must be a little oil of some kind on (fried) stuff or it
>>> doesn't brown well . Ours gets used at least 2 or 3 times a week . We
>>> got one for each of our 3 kids for Christmas , they were a big hit .
>>> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

>> Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
>> about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
>> NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
>> to shame.
>>

>I agree. Texass cattle ain't near as good as that raise in Noo Yawk
>city, or even Buffalo ... Dat's where we gets the best bison meats!
>
>How many head of noo yawk beef does yoose raise on your range there
>Popeye? I always wanted to be a drover and go on them cattle drives from
>Lung Guyland to the uppity state areas.
>
>Can we have some more beans Mr. Popeye?

Henry, yer mama's ass is the best beef, well aged and still juicy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
>> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
>> thanks, Rosie

> I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> purpose.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
energy consumption .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-12-30 5:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> I haven't tried one.Â* It looked like my convection oven would serve the
>> purpose.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .

We use a hot oven for a lot of things that would otherwise be done in
the oven. The oven is already there and paid for. You would have to use
a lot before the power savings cover the cost of the air fryer. Besides,
whenever we oven fry something we are usually doing something else that
will use that hot oven.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
>> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
>> wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good
>> thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very
>> tempted to get one
>> thanks, Rosie

> I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> purpose.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
energy consumption .

===

You have revived my interest in Air Fryers

Could you discuss more about them ... recipes ... timings etc?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 4:30 PM, wrote:

>>> Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
>>> about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
>>> NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
>>> to shame.
>>>

>> I agree. Texass cattle ain't near as good as that raise in Noo Yawk
>> city, or even Buffalo ... Dat's where we gets the best bison meats!
>>
>> How many head of noo yawk beef does yoose raise on your range there
>> Popeye? I always wanted to be a drover and go on them cattle drives from
>> Lung Guyland to the uppity state areas.
>>
>> Can we have some more beans Mr. Popeye?

> Henry, yer mama's ass is the best beef, well aged and still juicy.

Â* Oh that's so very very adult , dissing someone's mother . You have
absolutely no class at all .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 4:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message news >
> On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
>>> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
>>> wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a
>>> good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things..Â*
>>> I am very tempted to get one
>>> thanks, Rosie

>> I haven't tried one.Â* It looked like my convection oven would serve the
>> purpose.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .
>
> ===
>
> You have revived my interest in Air Fryers
>
> Could you discuss more about them ... recipes ... timings etc?
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Â* We use ours mostly to heat frozen stuff , but it also does a great
job on stuff like pork chops , meat balls , hamburger patties etc . For
timing , tater tots take around 16-20 minutes , chicken tenders 10-12
minutes , pizza rolls 6 , most stuff takes around the same times as
frying or a bit less . And none of it comes out dripping grease and oil
or soggy like microwaved foods . We haven't tried whole chicken breasts
, but breast strips took around 12-14 minutes from raw to yummy . Stuff
like breaded (raw) chicken I spray with some olive or vegetable oil from
a trigger sprayer . Frozen stuff has enough oil from the pre-cooking
done before they freeze it .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 11:20:54 -0800 (PST), rosie > wrote:

> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one

I am not sure just what air fryers you are asking about. I have a T-Fal
Actifry. It is the best for cooking any root vegetable. I do not see using
it for anything else. And certainly not for fish sticks, which would get
completey broken up in the tumbling action.

Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-12-30 5:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> I haven't tried one.Â* It looked like my convection oven would serve the
>> purpose.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .

Are you sure about the relative power use? I have been looking at a
number of sites and get the impression that they don't really save that
much power. They have a significant and constant power draw.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 1:12:31 PM UTC-10, Don Wiss wrote:

> I am not sure just what air fryers you are asking about. I have a T-Fal
> Actifry. It is the best for cooking any root vegetable. I do not see using
> it for anything else. And certainly not for fish sticks, which would get
> completey broken up in the tumbling action.
>
> Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).

These things work by suspending food on a column of hot air? That's pretty cool.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message news
On 12/30/2017 4:43 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message news >
> On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
>>> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
>>> wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good
>>> thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very
>>> tempted to get one
>>> thanks, Rosie

>> I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
>> purpose.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .
>
> ===
>
> You have revived my interest in Air Fryers
>
> Could you discuss more about them ... recipes ... timings etc?
>

> --
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

We use ours mostly to heat frozen stuff , but it also does a great
job on stuff like pork chops , meat balls , hamburger patties etc . For
timing , tater tots take around 16-20 minutes , chicken tenders 10-12
minutes , pizza rolls 6 , most stuff takes around the same times as
frying or a bit less . And none of it comes out dripping grease and oil
or soggy like microwaved foods . We haven't tried whole chicken breasts
, but breast strips took around 12-14 minutes from raw to yummy . Stuff
like breaded (raw) chicken I spray with some olive or vegetable oil from
a trigger sprayer . Frozen stuff has enough oil from the pre-cooking
done before they freeze it .

Snag

==

Thanks very much Since you posted, I have been researching online and I
am very impressed I hadn't realise they were so versatile!

It is always good to get personal recommendations though)

Once I get mine and begin to experiment, maybe we can work with a thread to
discuss it)

Thanks again)

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Don Wiss" wrote in message

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 11:20:54 -0800 (PST), rosie > wrote:

> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
> wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good
> thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very
> tempted to get one

I am not sure just what air fryers you are asking about. I have a T-Fal
Actifry. It is the best for cooking any root vegetable. I do not see using
it for anything else. And certainly not for fish sticks, which would get
completey broken up in the tumbling action.

Don. http://paleofood.com/ (e-mail at page bottom).

==

I have looked at both systems and they are very different. The Air fryers
don't move the food around at all.

I understand the Actifry does.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 1:15:22 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2017-12-30 5:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>
> >> I haven't tried one.Â* It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> >> purpose.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> > heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> > an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> > energy consumption .
> >

> Are you sure about the relative power use? I have been looking at a
> number of sites and get the impression that they don't really save that
> much power. They have a significant and constant power draw.

I assume that these things operate at around 1600W, which would be the maximum for US appliances. One for the UK could be considerably higher. My guess is that the power savings and speed would be similar to a toaster oven. I don't care much about any reduction in oil. I use a lot of oil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:57:18 -0500, wrote:

>Terry Coombs wrote:
>>
>> * Buy it , you'll love it . Particularly good for stuff like frozen
>>(breaded) chicken strips , shrimps , tater tots , any food that's
>>usually deep or pan fried is a candidate . The only down side we've seen
>>it that there must be a little oil of some kind on (fried) stuff or it
>>doesn't brown well . Ours gets used at least 2 or 3 times a week . We
>>got one for each of our 3 kids for Christmas , they were a big hit .
>>Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

>Definitely not a good idea for anyone watching their weight, will
>easily put on ten pounds a month by encouraging fried foods. However
>they are very good for those who don't have a weight problem.
>Since my wife has had a double knee replacement she ddoesn't want to
>gain any weight, not that she's overweight anyway, but we decided to
>eat healthier for the new year so we will celebrate with pot roast
>rather than oven roast... it's very easy to skim the fat from braised
>meat. I already have the 5+ pound top round seasoned for browning and
>then braising manana:

https://postimg.org/image/mdgjdlxez/
>Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
>about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
>NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
>to shame.

Weak people like you need others to take down and belittle so they
don't feel so low and lonely at the bottom of their s**t pile. Without
the rest of us you would be nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
>>> about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
>>> NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
>>> to shame.
>>>

>>I agree. Texass cattle ain't near as good as that raise in Noo Yawk
>>city, or even Buffalo ... Dat's where we gets the best bison meats!
>>
>>How many head of noo yawk beef does yoose raise on your range there
>>Popeye? I always wanted to be a drover and go on them cattle drives from
>>Lung Guyland to the uppity state areas.
>>
>>Can we have some more beans Mr. Popeye?

>Henry, yer mama's ass is the best beef, well aged and still juicy.

Weak people like you need others to take down and belittle so they
don't feel so low and lonely at the bottom of their s**t pile. Without
the rest of us you would be nothing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Dec 2017 15:57:18 -0500, wrote:
>
>> Terry Coombs wrote:
>>>
>>> Buy it , you'll love it . Particularly good for stuff like frozen
>>> (breaded) chicken strips , shrimps , tater tots , any food that's
>>> usually deep or pan fried is a candidate . The only down side we've seen
>>> it that there must be a little oil of some kind on (fried) stuff or it
>>> doesn't brown well . Ours gets used at least 2 or 3 times a week . We
>>> got one for each of our 3 kids for Christmas , they were a big hit .
>>> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

>> Definitely not a good idea for anyone watching their weight, will
>> easily put on ten pounds a month by encouraging fried foods. However
>> they are very good for those who don't have a weight problem.
>> Since my wife has had a double knee replacement she ddoesn't want to
>> gain any weight, not that she's overweight anyway, but we decided to
>> eat healthier for the new year so we will celebrate with pot roast
>> rather than oven roast... it's very easy to skim the fat from braised
>> meat. I already have the 5+ pound top round seasoned for browning and
>> then braising manana:

https://postimg.org/image/mdgjdlxez/
>> Who sez top round ain't nicely marbled... WTF does the dwarf know
>> about beef... ZERO! Texass beef must be crap, can't hold a candle to
>> NY beef. The lowest grade NY beef puts the highest grade Texass beef
>> to shame.

> Weak people like you need others to take down and belittle so they
> don't feel so low and lonely at the bottom of their s**t pile. Without
> the rest of us you would be nothing.

Ah, lets let Popeye alone. He is 75 years old, and has lots of cool navy
tattoos. He eats canned spinach, and protects us all...

He really should tone down the pervert sex stuff and misogynistic crap,
but I doubt he ever will, unless the crystal palace gets cut off.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 2:05 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> And there's all sorts of dipping sauces you can use
> with them.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/30/2017 2:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> This is where buying the double pack of the Kirkland canola spray at
> Costco would come in handy.

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
> wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good
> thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very
> tempted to get one
> thanks, Rosie

I don't have one and likely won't get one because I don't eat much fried
food and I don't need another thing to store but I have only heard good
things about them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On 30 Dec 2017 20:47:44 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2017-12-30, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>>
>>> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

>> Sure! I buy those all the time!! (not)

> I do. They're a great, cheap snack to have around when you need
> something quick. And there's all sorts of dipping sauces you can use
> with them.
>
> Totinos have dumbed theirs down so they're not very good any more.
> Buy my store brand hasn't changed in all these years and are much
> better. Mine are made by Bellisio Foods: http://www.bellisiofoods.com/

I did buy a small bag of cheese ones for New Year's Eve. On sale for just
over $2 so no biggie if nobody likes them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2017 20:47:44 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
> > On 2017-12-30, Terry Coombs > wrote:
> >
> >> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

> > Sure! I buy those all the time!! (not)

> I do. They're a great, cheap snack to have around when you need
> something quick. And there's all sorts of dipping sauces you can use
> with them.
>
> Totinos have dumbed theirs down so they're not very good any more.
> Buy my store brand hasn't changed in all these years and are much
> better. Mine are made by Bellisio Foods: http://www.bellisiofoods.com/
>
> -sw

I get them at times too. Handy snack if you don't feel like cooking
but it's late at night. You can pull out just a few.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
> > > Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks
> > > wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a
> > > good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these
> > > things.. I am very tempted to get one thanks, Rosie

> > I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve
> > the purpose.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time
> in an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .

Exactly. Other than making bread, my oven is not used often.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 5:31:35 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
> >> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
> >> thanks, Rosie

> > I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> > purpose.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .

Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.

Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
for it a couple times a year.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
> for it a couple times a year.

I only deep fry 2-3 times a year so I have a dedicated 1.5qt
saucepan for that. When I do, I'll deep fry many things (on my
fry list) for up to a week, then be done with it for another 4-6
months.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 5:31:35 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> > I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
>> > purpose.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> * It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
>> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
>> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
>> energy consumption .

>Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
>only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
>the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
>when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
>fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
>
>Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
>for it a couple times a year.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
decently.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:22:20 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> * It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
>>> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
>>> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
>>> energy consumption .

>>Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
>>only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
>>the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
>>when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
>>fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
>>
>>Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
>>for it a couple times a year.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
>a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
>of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
>decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
>those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
>decently.
>Janet US

Don't you own a decent skillet?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> * It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
>>> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
>>> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
>>> energy consumption .

>>Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
>>only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
>>the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
>>when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
>>fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
>>
>>Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
>>for it a couple times a year.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
>a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
>of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
>decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
>those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
>decently.
>Janet US

Usually the crime is overcooking. At my local eatery he does great
fish and chips but I always send the server in with the message, 'the
one who doesn't like it overcooked' and it is perfect everytime. He
came out to chat with me once and said that he overcooks the fish
because that's how most people like it. You cook try asking the cook
not to overcook and see if you like it better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/31/2017 6:55 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> I remember when they came in boxes of 12

>> Omelet wrote:

>> He hates me 'cause I never slept with him...

> He hates himself because he is all he has to sleep with
> I don't know, sometimes he used to seem normal, then he went petty
> trough vindictive and now I just shun contact. I have enough crazies to
> deal with in my world without encouraging those who refuse to take their
> meds.

For the record, I never once even considered sleeping with you. And
you know that. You're the one who somehow got the idea that I was
going to move in with you - and you posted that to RFC just out of the
total blue.

After having met you twice at casual austin.food gatherings 2 or 3
years ago and not giving you any indication that there was any sort of
romantic interest in the least, you somehow twisted that into MY
MOVING IN WITH YOU?

That was just way too Psycho for me. I sat there at stared at the
screen for at least 15 minutes wondering, WTF? That was just way too
spooky. I've met weird, semi-psycho women before but you win, hands
down. Mapi of austin.general still holds the male title, but at least
he announced his psychosis right there lying on the floor of the bar
at B.D. Reilly's rather than romantically obsessing over me for 2
years.

Needless to say, you need to come to terms with what happened and why
your mind works that way and stop making up excuses for your fixation
and disappointment before we become the next Yoli and Michael. I'd
prefer you use a sniper rifle on me from a few hundred yards away.
There you go - a reason for you to buy yet another gun and ammo.

And Jeremy, I was just tired of your decade of bullshit and visions of
grandeur about all these things you're "working on" or have not done
in the past. Even posting a call for meetings with imaginary people
about imaginary projects of yours at "the normal time and place", as
if you are somebody important with a life. I'm pretty sure you're
manic depressive mixed with habitual liar.

Sorry I don't fit either of your Ideal Psycho Pal Profiles.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 10:22:30 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> >> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> >> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> >> energy consumption .

> >Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
> >only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
> >the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
> >when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
> >fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
> >
> >Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
> >for it a couple times a year.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
> a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
> of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
> decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
> those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
> decently.

I don't like catfish, but it's pretty easy to get good fish and chips
hereabouts. We've got a fair few bars where they really know what to
do at the fryer.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 13:04:51 -0400, wrote:

>On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 08:22:20 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
>>>only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
>>>the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
>>>when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
>>>fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
>>>
>>>Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
>>>for it a couple times a year.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
>>a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
>>of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
>>decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
>>those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
>>decently.
>>Janet US

>Usually the crime is overcooking. At my local eatery he does great
>fish and chips but I always send the server in with the message, 'the
>one who doesn't like it overcooked' and it is perfect everytime. He
>came out to chat with me once and said that he overcooks the fish
>because that's how most people like it. You cook try asking the cook
>not to overcook and see if you like it better.

that's an idea. I'll try that.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

> I heard Mike Duffy when he was still a CBC reporter, recommend a chippy
> in Halifax that he said served the best fish & chips in the Maritimes.
> I went there when in town on business. I had their clam chowder followed
> by F&C. The chowder was excellent but the F&C just OK but nothing
> special. I complimented them on the chowder and the woman replied that I
> should have ordered the fish chowder because that had "larbster" in it.

She meant "labia", graham...that olde fish of a gal was inviting you to perform an act of cunnilingus on her...don't you know nothing, as they say...!!!???

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 11:38 AM, Steve Wartz wrote:
> graham wrote:
>
>> I heard Mike Duffy when he was still a CBC reporter, recommend a chippy
>> in Halifax that he said served the best fish & chips in the Maritimes.
>> I went there when in town on business. I had their clam chowder followed
>> by F&C. The chowder was excellent but the F&C just OK but nothing
>> special. I complimented them on the chowder and the woman replied that I
>> should have ordered the fish chowder because that had "larbster" in it.

> She meant "labia", graham...that olde fish of a gal was inviting you to perform an act of cunnilingus on her...don't you know nothing, as they say...!!!???

Christ! You're as bad as the Sheldon creep!

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 01:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 07:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 01:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM