Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:50:54 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/21/2019 5:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
> >> bought one a year or two ago. They used it frequently for a while and
> >> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

> > I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
> >
> > In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when cooking so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be done in a good convection toaster oven.
> >

> For chicken thighs I just season, put in a shallow pan, toss the pan in
> a 375 to 400 oven. Crispy skin, tender meat. Pretty simple and no
> space taking appliance.

You are right about cooking chicken in an oven. Me, I've got this big thing sitting on my range. Hoo boy! I have baked chicken in the oven but would rather make American style fried chicken. I do a very crispy, tender, and tasty fried chicken. It might be the best on the planet.

The chicken I made in the air fryer last night was heavily and intensely seasoned. I made a paste of Honey Sriracha dry rub, Korean pepper powder, garlic powder, Thai red curry paste, and oil, and let it marinate in that for a while.

My son called me to eat at a Chinese restaurant so I didn't get to see the end result of my air fryer's chicken on its maiden voyage. It was just left in the unit until I got back home. The chicken seemed okay I guess. I thought it was too spicy and intense but my wife thought it was about right and as we all know, that's the important thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 01:47:52 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:50:54 PM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> > I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
>> >
>> > In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when cooking so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be done in a good convection toaster oven.
>> >

>> For chicken thighs I just season, put in a shallow pan, toss the pan in
>> a 375 to 400 oven. Crispy skin, tender meat. Pretty simple and no
>> space taking appliance.

>You are right about cooking chicken in an oven. Me, I've got this big thing sitting on my range. Hoo boy! I have baked chicken in the oven but would rather make American style fried chicken. I do a very crispy, tender, and tasty fried chicken. It might be the best on the planet.
>
>The chicken I made in the air fryer last night was heavily and intensely seasoned. I made a paste of Honey Sriracha dry rub, Korean pepper powder, garlic powder, Thai red curry paste, and oil, and let it marinate in that for a while.

With all that heat there was so reason to turn the air fryer on.
The Gold Coin knows I like hot Chinese mustard so they included a 1/4
cup container of home made with our take out yesterday... hooo boooy
talk about scalp raising and sinus clearing... what I like about that
mustard is it only burns for a little while, hot peppers burn
annoyingly for about an hour and burn again on the way out. The
Chinese mustard in those little plastic pouches are for the sissies,
no heat whatsoever. Many a time some chili head would boast about how
they can handle the hottest peppers, so I let them try some of my
house made Chinese mustard on their taco and they STFU. Chili heads
can't handle fresh made horseradish either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019 at 8:23:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:

> With all that heat there was so reason to turn the air fryer on.
> The Gold Coin knows I like hot Chinese mustard so they included a 1/4
> cup container of home made with our take out yesterday... hooo boooy
> talk about scalp raising and sinus clearing... what I like about that
> mustard is it only burns for a little while, hot peppers burn
> annoyingly for about an hour and burn again on the way out. The
> Chinese mustard in those little plastic pouches are for the sissies,
> no heat whatsoever. Many a time some chili head would boast about how
> they can handle the hottest peppers, so I let them try some of my
> house made Chinese mustard on their taco and they STFU. Chili heads
> can't handle fresh made horseradish either.

The people on this rock love Chinese mustard. We always mix it with soy sauce. We eat it with saimin and won ton min. For some reason we don't eat it with ramen. We don't eat it with McDonald's saimin because those guys don't serve saimin with mustard. Weird.

For dinner we had a lava bowl. It's a bowl of spicy ahi poke with unagi sauce and pieces of shrimp tempura on top of brown rice. Boy that's good stuff! Okinawa sweet potato pie was desert. We got if from a hole-in-the-wall joint and ate it standing up. It was a memorable meal.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...fLSD6BlPemTwPO

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
>> bought one a year or two ago. They used it frequently for a while and
>> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

> I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
> okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
> bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in
> operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent
> results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got
> scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element
> i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
>
> In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when cooking
> so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy
> using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be
> done in a good convection toaster oven.

It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much more
time than a microwave.

Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.

I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me to
get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.

It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use cases,
just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
(no chips), it gets more consistent results.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"joecool" wrote in message ...

dsi1 > wrote:
> On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
>> bought one a year or two ago. They used it frequently for a while and
>> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

> I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
> okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
> bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in
> operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent
> results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got
> scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element
> i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
>
> In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when cooking
> so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy
> using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be
> done in a good convection toaster oven.

It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much more
time than a microwave.

Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.

I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me to
get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.

It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use cases,
just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
(no chips), it gets more consistent results.

==

Yes certainly does! I cook a lot in mine and I love that it uses very
little oil.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/21/2019 10:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/21/2019 5:24 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
>>> bought one a year or two ago.Â* They used it frequently for a while and
>>> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

>> I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
>> okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
>> bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet
>> in operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get
>> consistent results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My
>> chicken got scorched at the top because of the close proximity to
>> heating element i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
>>
>> In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when
>> cooking so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might
>> enjoy using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that
>> can't be done in a good convection toaster oven.
>>

> For chicken thighs I just season, put in a shallow pan, toss the pan in
> a 375 to 400 oven.Â* Crispy skin, tender meat.Â* Pretty simple and no
> space taking appliance.

I definitely don't want or need another space-taking tabletop appliance.

When I'm cooking chicken thighs I brown then drain. I make a dish my
mother used to cook. Here's my hand written recipe based on what my
mother told me about how to make this savory chicken dish:

https://i.postimg.cc/j55Nyx5K/savory1.jpg

and

https://i.postimg.cc/qRhs9Bdw/savory2.jpg

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2019 12:58 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/21/2019 10:50 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
>>> okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
>>> bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet
>>> in operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get
>>> consistent results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My
>>> chicken got scorched at the top because of the close proximity to
>>> heating element i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
>>>
>>> In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when
>>> cooking so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks
>>> might enjoy using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything
>>> that can't be done in a good convection toaster oven.
>>>

>> For chicken thighs I just season, put in a shallow pan, toss the pan
>> in a 375 to 400 oven.Â* Crispy skin, tender meat.Â* Pretty simple and no
>> space taking appliance.

> I definitely don't want or need another space-taking tabletop appliance.
>
> When I'm cooking chicken thighs I brown then drain.Â* I make a dish my
> mother used to cook.Â* Here's my hand written recipe based on what my
> mother told me about how to make this savory chicken dish:
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/j55Nyx5K/savory1.jpg
>
> and
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/qRhs9Bdw/savory2.jpg
>
> Jill

My wife made a similar recipe that was good. I like your mom's
variation with the onion. Have to try that next time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 9:49:51 AM UTC-6, joecool wrote:

> Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
> them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.

Do you spritz your wings with a smidge of oil?? I've seen several videos and this
is recommended, especially if you flour your wings, to give them that great, super
crunch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 10:59:21 AM UTC-6, joecool wrote:

> I never flour the wings. I do make sure they are thawed, then I cook at a
> lower temp (355F) and finish at 400F. I haven't tried with oil on the
> outside but I might next time around.

When you try them using a few spritzes of oil, let us know how they turn out,
please.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:49:51 AM UTC-10, joecool wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
> >> bought one a year or two ago. They used it frequently for a while and
> >> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

> > I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
> > okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
> > bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in
> > operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent
> > results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got
> > scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element
> > i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
> >
> > In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when cooking
> > so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy
> > using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be
> > done in a good convection toaster oven.
> >

> It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
> frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much more
> time than a microwave.
>
> Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
> them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.
>
> I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me to
> get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.
>
> It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
> kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use cases,
> just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
> (no chips), it gets more consistent results.

I was in Macy's yesterday and holy smokes, there were a lot of air fryers being sold! They even had one old school NuWave oven. My wife said we have a new in the box one like that in storage. It was my late father-in-law's stuff and nobody was much interested in opening the box, let alone plugging it in and proceeding from there.

The new air fryers work pretty much the same as the old NuWave oven but they look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great success and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:49:51 AM UTC-10, joecool wrote:
> dsi1 > wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 12:44:39 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> I am waiting to hear positive reviews about them. I have a penpal who
> >> bought one a year or two ago. They used it frequently for a while and
> >> apparently now it sits in a cupboard.

> > I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
> > okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
> > bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in
> > operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent
> > results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got
> > scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element
> > i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
> >
> > In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when
> > cooking
> > so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy
> > using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be
> > done in a good convection toaster oven.
> >

> It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
> frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much more
> time than a microwave.
>
> Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
> them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.
>
> I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me to
> get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.
>
> It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
> kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use
> cases,
> just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
> (no chips), it gets more consistent results.

I was in Macy's yesterday and holy smokes, there were a lot of air fryers
being sold! They even had one old school NuWave oven. My wife said we have a
new in the box one like that in storage. It was my late father-in-law's
stuff and nobody was much interested in opening the box, let alone plugging
it in and proceeding from there.

The new air fryers work pretty much the same as the old NuWave oven but they
look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great success
and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!

==

A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
dishwasher and it is fine!

I do agree though about cooking frozen foods in it. It does take longer
than the microwave for some foods, but you don't get them crispy and brown
in the microwave.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia > wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> dishwasher and it is fine!

It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking and
cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design where
I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.

It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the air
fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon it's
more thorough.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 11:05:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:49:51 AM UTC-10, joecool wrote:
> > dsi1 > wrote:

> > > I cooked some chicken thighs last night in the thing-a-ma-bob. It was
> > > okay. These things would probably work better for folks that like to
> > > bake/roast small quantities of food with little or no oil. It's quiet in
> > > operation and has digital readouts so you can probably get consistent
> > > results once you get a hang of timing and temperatures. My chicken got
> > > scorched at the top because of the close proximity to heating element
> > > i.e., there's too much radiant heat being given off.
> > >
> > > In my case, I'm a fan of frying and like to use a lot of oil when
> > > cooking
> > > so there's not much of an appeal for me here. Some folks might enjoy
> > > using it but as far as I can see, it's not doing anything that can't be
> > > done in a good convection toaster oven.
> > >

> > It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
> > frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much more
> > time than a microwave.
> >
> > Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to putting
> > them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.
> >
> > I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me to
> > get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.
> >
> > It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
> > kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use
> > cases,
> > just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
> > (no chips), it gets more consistent results.

> I was in Macy's yesterday and holy smokes, there were a lot of air fryers
> being sold! They even had one old school NuWave oven. My wife said we have a
> new in the box one like that in storage. It was my late father-in-law's
> stuff and nobody was much interested in opening the box, let alone plugging
> it in and proceeding from there.
>
> The new air fryers work pretty much the same as the old NuWave oven but they
> look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great success
> and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!
>
> ==
>
> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> dishwasher and it is fine!
>
> I do agree though about cooking frozen foods in it. It does take longer
> than the microwave for some foods, but you don't get them crispy and brown
> in the microwave.

We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might have liked it.

The store had an impressive selection of air fryers. One old NuWave Oven design and a couple that look suspiciously like toaster ovens.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...B_HDCkHJYdf7ZB
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

> We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might have liked it.
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:26:46 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might have liked it.
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

It looked like it was well marinated, judging by the condition of the skin.
Not at all blah. Even though thigh is not may favorite, I definitely
would have eaten that.

No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
(including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
> get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
> (including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.

Have you ever served a pile of frozen mixed vegetables
from the grocery store? Ever tasted them?

I buy frozen asian bags of mixed veggies and love them and use
them often. I'm just talking about the traditional bags and they
do suck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"joecool" wrote in message ...

Ophelia > wrote:

> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> dishwasher and it is fine!

It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking and
cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design where
I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.

It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the air
fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon it's
more thorough.

==

Hey, whatever is best for you)

Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it cooks
great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes off!!! It
goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but it is very
annoying! Any ideas?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it cooks
> great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes off!!! It
> goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but it is very
> annoying! Any ideas?

Yeah, return it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

> [...]

> they
> look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great
> success
> and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!
>
> ==
>
> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> dishwasher and it is fine!
>
> I do agree though about cooking frozen foods in it. It does take longer
> than the microwave for some foods, but you don't get them crispy and brown
> in the microwave.

We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
have liked it.

The store had an impressive selection of air fryers. One old NuWave Oven
design and a couple that look suspiciously like toaster ovens.

My new oven is the same as the second one. Mine is the one in the middle!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:26:46 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> > chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
> > have liked it.
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

It looked like it was well marinated, judging by the condition of the skin.
Not at all blah. Even though thigh is not may favorite, I definitely
would have eaten that.

No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
(including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.

Cindy Hamilton

==

I can see the meat and rice. What were those veg next to it? I think I see
some corn ... what would you mix with them?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
> get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
> (including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.

Have you ever served a pile of frozen mixed vegetables
from the grocery store? Ever tasted them?

I buy frozen asian bags of mixed veggies and love them and use
them often. I'm just talking about the traditional bags and they
do suck.

==

What veg are in the bags you buy?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it
> cooks
> great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes off!!!
> It
> goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but it is very
> annoying! Any ideas?

Yeah, return it.

==

It is only the door. it goes on easily but it is annoying.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "joecool" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia > wrote:
>>

>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>

>> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
>> dishwasher and it is fine!
>>

> It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking
> and
> cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design where
> I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.
>
> It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the air
> fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
> foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon it's
> more thorough.
>
> ==
>
> Hey, whatever is best for you)
>
> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it
> cooks great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes
> off!!! It goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but
> it is very annoying! Any ideas?

What brand is it O? I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even
though the door can come off for cleaning. Maybe contact the manufacturer
and see what they have to say about it?

Cheri

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 4:26:46 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might have liked it.
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm not a fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried mushroom and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 4:26:46 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> > chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
> > have liked it.
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm not a
fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried mushroom
and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was
pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL

==

How did you cook those mushrooms??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 5:45:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 11:05:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries and
> > > frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much
> > > more
> > > time than a microwave.
> > >
> > > Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to
> > > putting
> > > them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.
> > >
> > > I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows me
> > > get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.
> > >
> > > It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of any
> > > kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use
> > > cases,
> > > just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items are
> > > (no chips), it gets more consistent results.

> > I was in Macy's yesterday and holy smokes, there were a lot of air fryers
> > being sold! They even had one old school NuWave oven. My wife said we have
> > new in the box one like that in storage. It was my late father-in-law's
> > stuff and nobody was much interested in opening the box, let alone
> > plugging
> > it in and proceeding from there.
> >
> > The new air fryers work pretty much the same as the old NuWave oven but
> > they
> > look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great
> > success
> > and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> > dishwasher and it is fine!
> >
> > I do agree though about cooking frozen foods in it. It does take longer
> > than the microwave for some foods, but you don't get them crispy and brown
> > in the microwave.

> We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
> have liked it.
>
> The store had an impressive selection of air fryers. One old NuWave Oven
> design and a couple that look suspiciously like toaster ovens.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...B_HDCkHJYdf7ZB
>
> ==
>
> My new oven is the same as the second one. Mine is the one in the middle!

I looked at that one. It's a unique design in that it has a door and slide out racks instead of a bin that pulls out. My understanding is that it also has a rotisserie. The design caught me off-guard. I wasn't expecting that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 7:47:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 4:26:46 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> > > chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
> > > have liked it.
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> > That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> > and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm not a
> fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried mushroom
> and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was
> pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL
>
> ==
>
> How did you cook those mushrooms??

That was stir fried with garlic, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and ketchup, with some eggplant thrown in for some "excitement."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "joecool" wrote in message ...
>
> Ophelia > wrote:
>>

>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>

>> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
>> dishwasher and it is fine!
>>

> It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking
> and
> cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design where
> I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.
>
> It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the air
> fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
> foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon it's
> more thorough.
>
> ==
>
> Hey, whatever is best for you)
>
> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it
> cooks great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes
> off!!! It goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but
> it is very annoying! Any ideas?

What brand is it O? I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even
though the door can come off for cleaning. Maybe contact the manufacturer
and see what they have to say about it?

Cheri

==

it's an Power Air fryer cooker.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8436724?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157|acid:480-316-7430|cid:337401273|agid:26938256793|tid:aud-484139256421la-481124494969|crid:84385958673|nw:g|rnd:14867551150 716512954|dvc:c|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007315&gclid=Cj0K CQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoDuhK9J6ROSpOMu35pqBTQ1XBU0a1 KF2fyCUtSZs3CJW0g32LIZvQEaAmnCEALw_wcB

Oddly enough, I complained to D. about it and it didn't fall off when he
opened it Then I tried it after him and it worked ok for me.

It must be me I will try it a few more times when am actually cooking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 7:47:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 4:26:46 AM UTC-10, Gary wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > >
> > > We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> > > chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy
> > > might
> > > have liked it.
> > > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

> > That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> > and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm not
> fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried
> mushroom
> and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was
> pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL
>
> ==
>
> How did you cook those mushrooms??

That was stir fried with garlic, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and ketchup,
with some eggplant thrown in for some "excitement."

==

They look wonderful It should work without the eggplant? yes?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 06:50:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 9:26:46 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> >
>> > We had lunch today at a store

What kind of "store", hardware, clothing, what?

>> > and we shared a Korean style marinated chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might have liked it.
>> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu

>> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
>> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
>> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

>It looked like it was well marinated, judging by the condition of the skin.
>Not at all blah. Even though thigh is not may favorite, I definitely
>would have eaten that.

That looks nothing like a chicken thigh.

>No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
>get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
>(including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I've never seen those Green Giant type frozen mixed veggies served at
any Chinese restaurant. The Chinese restaurants I've been to and
there have been many all hand slice an assortment of fresh Chinese
vegetables, add some canned, none frozen; Chinese celery, Bok Choy,
pea pods, Broccoli, onions, canned baby corn, 'shrooms, napa, canned
water chestnuts, canned bamboo shoots, etc., some dishes mixed with
choice of meat, some all veg... typically garnished with sesame seeds,
cashews or peanuts. That looks nothing rike Chinese fly lice... looks
Puerto Rican. If that's a slab of spare ribs they'd be sliced into
individual ribs. That doesn't look like chicken, the Chinese slice
meats into bite size as would be eaten with chop sticks, and I've
never gone to any Chinese restaurant that places knives at the place
setting; get a choice of chop sticks/forks, and spoons.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 5:45:17 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 11:05:38 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > It's not a perfect tool but I've been happy with mine. It does fries
> > > and
> > > frozen foods (pizza rolls and frozen burritos) perfectly, but at much
> > > more
> > > time than a microwave.
> > >
> > > Chicken wings are awesome in it, its the closest in consistency to
> > > putting
> > > them in an oil fryer. Nice crunch.
> > >
> > > I like doing bacon in it, it's a bit annoying for cleanup but allows
> > > me
> > > get crunchy bacon without having to flip or watch it too often.
> > >
> > > It also works fairly well for toasting bread quickly. I'd say out of
> > > any
> > > kitchen item to compare it to, it's a bit like a toaster oven in use
> > > cases,
> > > just a bit faster and you have to be mindful of how light your items
> > > are
> > > (no chips), it gets more consistent results.

> > I was in Macy's yesterday and holy smokes, there were a lot of air
> > fryers
> > being sold! They even had one old school NuWave oven. My wife said we
> > have
> > new in the box one like that in storage. It was my late father-in-law's
> > stuff and nobody was much interested in opening the box, let alone
> > plugging
> > it in and proceeding from there.

==

it also has a dehydrator but I already have a big one so I doubt that would
get used)

> > The new air fryers work pretty much the same as the old NuWave oven but
> > they
> > look nothing alike. The new makeover was just brilliant and a great
> > success
> > and now you are all just JEALOUS!!!
> >
> > ==
> >
> > A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
> > dishwasher and it is fine!
> >
> > I do agree though about cooking frozen foods in it. It does take longer
> > than the microwave for some foods, but you don't get them crispy and
> > brown
> > in the microwave.

> We had lunch today at a store and we shared a Korean style marinated
> chicken. It came with some veggies and fried rice. I think you guy might
> have liked it.
>
> The store had an impressive selection of air fryers. One old NuWave Oven
> design and a couple that look suspiciously like toaster ovens.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...xSvbbm4OvxKLUu
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...B_HDCkHJYdf7ZB
>
> ==
>
> My new oven is the same as the second one. Mine is the one in the middle!

I looked at that one. It's a unique design in that it has a door and slide
out racks instead of a bin that pulls out. My understanding is that it also
has a rotisserie. The design caught me off-guard. I wasn't expecting that.

===

It is also a dehydrator, but I have a large one so I doubt a small one will
be needed)

We will use the rotisserie. I already had one but I have ditched it in
favour of this one. I love Air Fried stuff!! It is always so moist with a
crispy skin

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:21:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Oddly enough, I complained to D. about it and it didn't fall off when he
> opened it Then I tried it after him and it worked ok for me.
>
> It must be me I will try it a few more times when am actually cooking..

It's all about the vectors i.e., the direction of the force you use to open the door. You're probably pulling in an direction that is slightly upwards.. Try pulling slightly downwards. If that doesn't work, you can try putting your fingers near the bottom of the door and pushing inwards towards the bottom i.e., rotating the door about the hinge. Good luck!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "joecool" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia > wrote:
>>>

>>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>>

>>> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
>>> dishwasher and it is fine!
>>>

>> It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking
>> and
>> cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design
>> where
>> I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.
>>
>> It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the
>> air
>> fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
>> foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon
>> it's
>> more thorough.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Hey, whatever is best for you)
>>
>> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it
>> cooks great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes
>> off!!! It goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but
>> it is very annoying! Any ideas?

> What brand is it O? I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even
> though the door can come off for cleaning. Maybe contact the manufacturer
> and see what they have to say about it?
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> it's an Power Air fryer cooker.
>
> https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8436724?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157|acid:480-316-7430|cid:337401273|agid:26938256793|tid:aud-484139256421la-481124494969|crid:84385958673|nw:g|rnd:14867551150 716512954|dvc:c|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007315&gclid=Cj0K CQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoDuhK9J6ROSpOMu35pqBTQ1XBU0a1 KF2fyCUtSZs3CJW0g32LIZvQEaAmnCEALw_wcB
>
> Oddly enough, I complained to D. about it and it didn't fall off when he
> opened it Then I tried it after him and it worked ok for me.
>
> It must be me I will try it a few more times when am actually cooking.

It's very nice looking, I have thought about one but with the NuWave and the
Halogen oven, I think they probably do the same sort of thing.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:30:36 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 06:50:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> What kind of "store", hardware, clothing, what?

> >> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> >> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> >> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> >It looked like it was well marinated, judging by the condition of the skin.
> >Not at all blah. Even though thigh is not may favorite, I definitely
> >would have eaten that.

> That looks nothing like a chicken thigh.
>
> >No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
> >get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
> >(including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I've never seen those Green Giant type frozen mixed veggies served at
> any Chinese restaurant. The Chinese restaurants I've been to and
> there have been many all hand slice an assortment of fresh Chinese
> vegetables, add some canned, none frozen; Chinese celery, Bok Choy,
> pea pods, Broccoli, onions, canned baby corn, 'shrooms, napa, canned
> water chestnuts, canned bamboo shoots, etc., some dishes mixed with
> choice of meat, some all veg... typically garnished with sesame seeds,
> cashews or peanuts. That looks nothing rike Chinese fly lice... looks
> Puerto Rican. If that's a slab of spare ribs they'd be sliced into
> individual ribs. That doesn't look like chicken, the Chinese slice
> meats into bite size as would be eaten with chop sticks, and I've
> never gone to any Chinese restaurant that places knives at the place
> setting; get a choice of chop sticks/forks, and spoons.

The store was Macy's. That was indeed a boneless chicken thigh. We probably eat more chicken thigh than any other state in the union. It's used to make our favorite dish: chicken katsu. People on the mainland like chicken breast. People in Asia and Hawaii like chicken thigh. My guess is that chicken katsu and chicken thigh will get popular on the mainland - sooner or later.. I fearlessly predict that chicken thigh will be more expensive than chicken breast in the future.

The veggies were standard institutional frozen stuff. The best you could say about it is that it's unlikely to offend people. The fried rice was local style fried rice - not Chinese fry rice. It's made with medium grain rice instead of long grain and it's got different ingredients. The food was served mainland/Macy's style i.e., they give you a knife and fork and tell you "good luck."

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:33:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 7:47:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> > > and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> > > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> > I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm not
> > fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried
> > mushroom
> > and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was
> > pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL
> >
> > ==
> >
> > How did you cook those mushrooms??

> That was stir fried with garlic, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and ketchup,
> with some eggplant thrown in for some "excitement."
>
> ==
>
> They look wonderful It should work without the eggplant? yes?

I suppose it would. I'd rather just have the eggplant though. My plan is to make garlic eggplant with lots of gravy and serve it with homemade cake noodle. It's going to be served with more steak because I bought too much freakin' steak because it was 5 bucks a pound! That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:21:47 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

> Oddly enough, I complained to D. about it and it didn't fall off when he
> opened it Then I tried it after him and it worked ok for me.
>
> It must be me I will try it a few more times when am actually cooking.

It's all about the vectors i.e., the direction of the force you use to open
the door. You're probably pulling in an direction that is slightly upwards.
Try pulling slightly downwards. If that doesn't work, you can try putting
your fingers near the bottom of the door and pushing inwards towards the
bottom i.e., rotating the door about the hinge. Good luck!

==

I will keep trying It didn't fall off when I did it after D. It might
have been when I was cooking though!

Thanks

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" wrote in message ...
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote in message
>>

>> "joecool" wrote in message ...
>>
>> Ophelia > wrote:
>>>

>>> "dsi1" wrote in message
>>>

>>> A point to Joecool. Why is the cleanup a problem? I put mine in the
>>> dishwasher and it is fine!
>>>

>> It's not that it's a huge problem. It's a time tradeoff between cooking
>> and
>> cleaning. If I had a dishwasher and my air fryer had a better design
>> where
>> I could put it in dishwasher and not complain.
>>
>> It's just a pan is a simple single surface to clean after cooking, the
>> air
>> fryer is two levels on mine, so it takes a bit more time. With low oil
>> foods I can just wipe the bottom out and clean the basket, with bacon
>> it's
>> more thorough.
>>
>> ==
>>
>> Hey, whatever is best for you)
>>
>> Have you come across Air fryer ovens?? I bought one yesterday and it
>> cooks great, the only problem is, every time I open the door, it comes
>> off!!! It goes back on easily. It is supposed to come off to clean but
>> it is very annoying! Any ideas?

> What brand is it O? I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen even
> though the door can come off for cleaning. Maybe contact the manufacturer
> and see what they have to say about it?
>
> Cheri
>
> ==
>
> it's an Power Air fryer cooker.
>
> https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8436724?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157|acid:480-316-7430|cid:337401273|agid:26938256793|tid:aud-484139256421la-481124494969|crid:84385958673|nw:g|rnd:14867551150 716512954|dvc:c|adp:1o2|mt:|loc:1007315&gclid=Cj0K CQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoDuhK9J6ROSpOMu35pqBTQ1XBU0a1 KF2fyCUtSZs3CJW0g32LIZvQEaAmnCEALw_wcB
>
> Oddly enough, I complained to D. about it and it didn't fall off when he
> opened it Then I tried it after him and it worked ok for me.
>
> It must be me I will try it a few more times when am actually cooking.

It's very nice looking, I have thought about one but with the NuWave and the
Halogen oven, I think they probably do the same sort of thing.

Cheri
==

I don't know what those are The air fryers have hot air circulating
around the food. It is faster than a regular oven. Does that sound like
yours?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:30:36 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 06:50:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> What kind of "store", hardware, clothing, what?

> >> That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> >> and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> >> I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> >It looked like it was well marinated, judging by the condition of the
> >skin.
> >Not at all blah. Even though thigh is not may favorite, I definitely
> >would have eaten that.

> That looks nothing like a chicken thigh.
>
> >No "mixed vegetables"? I bet you order very simple dishes when you
> >get Chinese. For my part, if there aren't at least 6 kinds of veggies
> >(including onions), I feel they're not doing their job.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> I've never seen those Green Giant type frozen mixed veggies served at
> any Chinese restaurant. The Chinese restaurants I've been to and
> there have been many all hand slice an assortment of fresh Chinese
> vegetables, add some canned, none frozen; Chinese celery, Bok Choy,
> pea pods, Broccoli, onions, canned baby corn, 'shrooms, napa, canned
> water chestnuts, canned bamboo shoots, etc., some dishes mixed with
> choice of meat, some all veg... typically garnished with sesame seeds,
> cashews or peanuts. That looks nothing rike Chinese fly lice... looks
> Puerto Rican. If that's a slab of spare ribs they'd be sliced into
> individual ribs. That doesn't look like chicken, the Chinese slice
> meats into bite size as would be eaten with chop sticks, and I've
> never gone to any Chinese restaurant that places knives at the place
> setting; get a choice of chop sticks/forks, and spoons.

The store was Macy's. That was indeed a boneless chicken thigh. We probably
eat more chicken thigh than any other state in the union. It's used to make
our favorite dish: chicken katsu. People on the mainland like chicken
breast. People in Asia and Hawaii like chicken thigh. My guess is that
chicken katsu and chicken thigh will get popular on the mainland - sooner or
later. I fearlessly predict that chicken thigh will be more expensive than
chicken breast in the future.

The veggies were standard institutional frozen stuff. The best you could say
about it is that it's unlikely to offend people. The fried rice was local
style fried rice - not Chinese fry rice. It's made with medium grain rice
instead of long grain and it's got different ingredients. The food was
served mainland/Macy's style i.e., they give you a knife and fork and tell
you "good luck."

==

I prefer chicken thighs. I find the breasts dry too much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 8:33:57 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>
> On Saturday, January 26, 2019 at 7:47:20 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> > "dsi1" wrote in message

> > > That would have benefited with a nice sauce. Looked a bit blah
> > > and dry. sorry But you said it was good so I'll believe you.
> > > I've never been a fan of "mixed vegetables" though.

> > I thought it was okay. What I said was that people would like it. I'm
> > not
> > fan of frozen mixed veggies but someone must be. We had some fried
> > mushroom
> > and eggplant and steamed spinach with Japan mayo last week. Now that was
> > pretty good but I can't say if people would like it.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...-ZRu64G_VMPmFL
> >
> > ==
> >
> > How did you cook those mushrooms??

> That was stir fried with garlic, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, and ketchup,
> with some eggplant thrown in for some "excitement."
>
> ==
>
> They look wonderful It should work without the eggplant? yes?

I suppose it would. I'd rather just have the eggplant though. My plan is
to make garlic eggplant with lots of gravy and serve it with homemade cake
noodle. It's going to be served with more steak because I bought too much
freakin' steak because it was 5 bucks a pound! That's the breaks.

==

LOL I am sure no one complained ummm we don't like eggplant. But that is
nothing new eh? <g>

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 12:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 06:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 12:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM