Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

On 2018-01-01 6:37 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2018-01-01, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> The way they jump into boats, a barge low enough with a motor that
>> seems to attract them, move it around and let them leap in.

> Seems simple enough to me. So, why hasn't it happened?
>
> Not like there's enough jobs in the Great Lakes, region! 8|

It is one of the least appealing fish to eat. There is a commercial
fishery for pickerel and perch.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:08:29 +1100, Bruce >
> wrote:

>>> In Uni residence, every Friday night dinner was fish and chips, just to
>>> appease the few papist students.

>> Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?

> So whats wrong with that? I dislike all fervent religiosi - they
> cause more trouble in the world than anything else. At the rigid
> school in England we all had to have fish on Fridays because of the
> papists, trouble was it was supposed to be fish pie but the only
> identifiable ingredient seemed to be smoked haddock.

I don't hate the Abrahamic religions, as they fight among themselves
without my help.

I do feel comfortable in ridiculing their ancient scriptures, tribal
violence, etc.

I have to go now, as I am making a burnt sacrifice to Yahweh on my
charcoal grill. The big guy gets really ****ed if I burn his dinosaur
steaks. A real tantrum, throwing thunderbolts, floods, earthquakes etc.

An all powerful child that must be worshiped, though he needs his ass
spanked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 18:26:57 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:08:29 +1100, Bruce >
>> wrote:

>>> Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?

>> So whats wrong with that? I dislike all fervent religiosi - they
>> cause more trouble in the world than anything else. At the rigid
>> school in England we all had to have fish on Fridays because of the
>> papists, trouble was it was supposed to be fish pie but the only
>> identifiable ingredient seemed to be smoked haddock.
>>

>I don't hate the Abrahamic religions, as they fight among themselves
>without my help.

Jews and Muslims have a lot in common in spite of all their hatred: no
pork, mutilating little boys' dicks, slaughtering animals the extra
painful way. You'd think they'd get along like a house on fire.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 18:26:57 -0600, Hank Rogers >

>> On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:08:29 +1100, Bruce >
>> wrote:

>>> Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?

>> So whats wrong with that? I dislike all fervent religiosi - they
>> cause more trouble in the world than anything else. At the rigid
>> school in England we all had to have fish on Fridays because of the
>> papists, trouble was it was supposed to be fish pie but the only
>> identifiable ingredient seemed to be smoked haddock.
>>

>I don't hate the Abrahamic religions, as they fight among themselves
>without my help.
>
>I do feel comfortable in ridiculing their ancient scriptures, tribal
>violence, etc.
>
>I have to go now, as I am making a burnt sacrifice to Yahweh on my
>charcoal grill. The big guy gets really ****ed if I burn his dinosaur
>steaks. A real tantrum, throwing thunderbolts, floods, earthquakes etc.
>
>An all powerful child that must be worshiped, though he needs his ass
>spanked.

Lol -
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:12:26 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> LOL. I do a lot of kayaking in the creeks and rivers that flow into
> Lakes Erie and Ontario and there are a lot of carp that wallow around
> near the edge of the river. There is one river that runs through the
> peninsula into the Niagara River that we paddle in from various launch
> sites. There is in one particular sight where at least once a year a
> small carp jumps into one of our boats. Apparently there is a trick to
> cooking carp to make it palatable.

The same thing happened in Hawaii with tilapia. My guess is that the folks in the great lakes area will come to understand our intense dislike for that fish.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 7:59 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:12:26 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>

>> LOL. I do a lot of kayaking in the creeks and rivers that flow
>> into Lakes Erie and Ontario and there are a lot of carp that wallow
>> around near the edge of the river. There is one river that runs
>> through the peninsula into the Niagara River that we paddle in from
>> various launch sites. There is in one particular sight where at
>> least once a year a small carp jumps into one of our boats.
>> Apparently there is a trick to cooking carp to make it palatable.

> The same thing happened in Hawaii with tilapia. My guess is that the
> folks in the great lakes area will come to understand our intense
> dislike for that fish.

Talapia has been given enough chances, but I have come to accept that it
just isn't very good, no matter how it is prepared. Heck, I even tried
it a couple ethnic places where I had hoped that they might have found a
better way to prepare it. It was my fault. The menus said that the fish
was talapia, and the dishes turned out to be just as bad as I had
thought they might be when I saw that it was talapia. I hope that I
have learned.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 4:28:24 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> Talapia has been given enough chances, but I have come to accept that it
> just isn't very good, no matter how it is prepared. Heck, I even tried
> it a couple ethnic places where I had hoped that they might have found a
> better way to prepare it. It was my fault. The menus said that the fish
> was talapia, and the dishes turned out to be just as bad as I had
> thought they might be when I saw that it was talapia. I hope that I
> have learned.

Tilapia is a popular fish in the US. This is good news for Hawaiians everywhere. Please eat more tilapia!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 18:54:14 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 4:28:24 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Talapia has been given enough chances, but I have come to accept that it
>> just isn't very good, no matter how it is prepared. Heck, I even tried
>> it a couple ethnic places where I had hoped that they might have found a
>> better way to prepare it. It was my fault. The menus said that the fish
>> was talapia, and the dishes turned out to be just as bad as I had
>> thought they might be when I saw that it was talapia. I hope that I
>> have learned.

>Tilapia is a popular fish in the US. This is good news for Hawaiians everywhere. Please eat more tilapia!

Tilapia's the only fish I'll never buy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 5:00:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 16:56:00 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

> >> I'm not. I abhor freshwater fish.

> >Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
> >water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
> >eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
> >Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.

> Not liking freshwater fish is a prejudice based blanket statement. But
> you can grow old with it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

"Prejudice" would imply that I've never eaten freshwater fish. I've
eaten quite a bit of it, as I've lived proximal to the Great Lakes
my entire life. I prefer the clean, briny taste of ocean fish.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 03:17:51 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 5:00:10 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 16:56:00 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>> >Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
>> >water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
>> >eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
>> >Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.

>> Not liking freshwater fish is a prejudice based blanket statement. But
>> you can grow old with it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

>"Prejudice" would imply that I've never eaten freshwater fish. I've
>eaten quite a bit of it, as I've lived proximal to the Great Lakes
>my entire life. I prefer the clean, briny taste of ocean fish.

One of the cleanest tasting fish I've ever had was a catfish that I
caught in our own creek.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>

> I'll probably only use mine fer home-made french fries and stuff like
> that. I don't cook much processed food (Pizza Rolls). Plus, there's
> only one of me!
>
> OMG! ....one of those hideous TV devices! So, it's true!!:
>
> <https://www.walmart.com/ip/Big-Boss-...Air-Fryer-16-Q
> uart-Choose-your-Color/29319016>
>
> nb

It does indeed look like my next possible appliance here.

===

Definite here. The one we want is out of stock at our chosen retailer but
it has been ordered.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> ... freshwater fish. I've
> eaten quite a bit of it, as I've lived proximal to the Great Lakes
> my entire life. I prefer the clean, briny taste of ocean fish.

Same here. I caught and ate fresh water trout once on a vacation
to upstate NY and it was fine but I do like many of the salt
water varieties of fish. I've lived almost all of my life right
next to salty tidal waters. Chesapeake Bay, Newport, RI, and now
for the last 48 years, only 5 miles from the Chesapeake Bay and
only one mile from the Atlantic Ocean. Fresh caught here is no
problem.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> One of the cleanest tasting fish I've ever had was a catfish that I
> caught in our own creek.

I've heard that it's good fried but I've never tried it. As a
kid, I used to catch catfish often but I never ate them. I lived
in tidal Potomac River area for a few years, only about 5 miles
down river from Washington, DC and that water was super polluted.

I paddled my surfboard in that one day and when I came home, my
mom freaked out and wanted to take me to the doctor for shots.
hehehe I did get a splash of the water in my mouth and best
description is that it tasted like a combination of sewage and
gasoline.

We loved to fish there as kids but it was 'catch & release' only.
That far from the ocean, way upriver, it was mostly fresh water.
Available fish there were perch, catfish, large carp and eels.
You don't dare eat any though...toxic fish for sure.

It was a sad situation too... clean fresh water, flowing downhill
Potomac River flowed into Washington DC but then when it came out
on the other side, only a few miles, it was polluted as hell.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/1/2018 10:41 PM, Bruce wrote:

>> Tilapia is a popular fish in the US. This is good news for Hawaiians everywhere. Please eat more tilapia!

> Tilapia's the only fish I'll never buy.

It is one of the fish I won't buy. Farmed fish is often raised in nasty
environments with lots of feces.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 08:00:23 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/30/2017 5:50 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
>>> Definitely not a good idea for anyone watching their weight, will
>>> easily put on ten pounds a month by encouraging fried foods.* However
>>> they are very good for those who don't have a weight problem.
>>>

>> * Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
food is drained on paper towels.

>He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>Jill

Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
clue why popping corn pops. Mayhaps were you not so intent on
attempting to denigrate others you'd learn how to cook... posting
pictures of take-out is NOT cooking... that's exactly the same as
posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net and thinking
anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked, you
should be very embarrassed/ashamed of how badly you trashed perfectly
good ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:00:37 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> It is one of the fish I won't buy. Farmed fish is often raised in nasty
> environments with lots of feces.

Well hell, I won't buy tilapia either. Is that relevant? It's a heck of a popular fish. That's a very good thing.

https://www.airtohawaii.com/the-tilapia-in-hawaii/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 09:20:04 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 5:00:37 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>
>> It is one of the fish I won't buy. Farmed fish is often raised in nasty
>> environments with lots of feces.

>Well hell, I won't buy tilapia either. Is that relevant?

Why wouldn't it be?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:00:29 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/1/2018 10:41 PM, Bruce wrote:
>

>>> Tilapia is a popular fish in the US. This is good news for Hawaiians everywhere. Please eat more tilapia!

>> Tilapia's the only fish I'll never buy.
>>

>It is one of the fish I won't buy. Farmed fish is often raised in nasty
>environments with lots of feces.

We do eat a lot of farmed salmon from Norway. I don't know in what
conditions they're raised.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 12:10:31 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Demonstrating your ignorance...

Demonstrating your own. Food in an air fryer is sprayed
lightly with oil.

<https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> We do eat a lot of farmed salmon from Norway. I don't know in what
> conditions they're raised.

They are raised in airy, sunny, and cheery baby salmon creches, generously paid for my the trillion - dollar Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global ("Oil Fund") aka "Statens pensjonsfond Utland"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:

> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>
><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
oil-less or not!?

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>

IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 10:14:25 -0800 (PST), Steve Wartz
> wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>
>> We do eat a lot of farmed salmon from Norway. I don't know in what
>> conditions they're raised.

>They are raised in airy, sunny, and cheery baby salmon creches, generously paid for my the trillion - dollar Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global ("Oil Fund") aka "Statens pensjonsfond Utland"...

Good. I already thought Norway would have higher standards than China
and Vietnam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none. Go to this site and
click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
answers that say they use no oil
http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> * Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

>It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
>absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
>the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
>fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
>frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
>caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
>food is drained on paper towels.
>
>>He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>>popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>>I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>>Jill

>Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
>in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
>absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
>clue why popping corn pops. Mayhaps were you not so intent on
>attempting to denigrate others you'd learn how to cook... posting
>pictures of take-out is NOT cooking... that's exactly the same as
>posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net and thinking
>anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
>seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked, you
>should be very embarrassed/ashamed of how badly you trashed perfectly
>good ingredients.

you shouldn't try to answer something you know nothing about.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none. Go to this site and
click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
answers that say they use no oil
http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
Janet US

==

Thanks for this

I bought mine today and now I am looking for advice/recipes etc etc.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 12:58:28 -0500, Kathy Katz >
wrote:

wrote on 1/2/2018 :
>> On Tue, 2 Jan 2018 13:27:12 -0000, Janet > wrote:
>>
>>> In article >, penmart01
>>> @aol.com says...

>>> No suprise you're ****ing him, then.
>>>
>>> Janet UgliKunt

>> He certainly wouldn't do you, no one has ****ed you for at least fifty
>> years, no one would want to.
>>

>The doctor wanted a stool, semen, and urine sample from you so I gave
>him a pair of your underwear.

LIAR! I don't wear underwear. However feel free to eat my used TP.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 8:28:58 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> you shouldn't try to answer something you know nothing about.

You can take that to the bank, right there!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2 Jan 2018 18:15:47 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2018-01-02, Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
>
>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>
>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>oil-less or not!?
>
><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>
>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>
>nb

"sprayed lightly" is a totally meaningless term, each person's lightly
is different. She can't answer the question because she can't cook
(not a lick), hasn't a clue. That URL says exactly what I already
posted, air fryers require oiling the food, otherwise it's NOT
fried... how much oil is the quantity that would be sufficient to
produce the same results as tradionally fried food. Personally I
don't want a gizmo that encourages eating fried food. I eat very
little fried foods, eggs is about all I fry, and then I blot them on
paper towels in a paper plate. Most of the meats I cook are in
stews/soups, thereby making it very easy to skim off what quantity I
consider excess fat, which is most. I fry burgers, however it's meat
I grind myself of cuts that are very lean... if I want juicy burgers I
top them with sauted onions that are sauted in no cholesterol olive
oil and then I drain them by leaving the pan tilted so the excess oil
can run off, with most of the moisture being the water contained in
onions. I make a concerted effort to reduce my/our fat consumption.
Having a contraption that makes it convenient to fry foods and that
also promotes healthfulness by LYING about fat content is something I
don't want... I can see folks stuffing their maws with air fried spuds
thinking they contain fewer calories than fried spuds from fast food
joints... simpletons!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B. wrote:
>notbob wrote:
>>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>>> Food in an air fryer is sprayed lightly with oil.
>>>
>>><https://health.clevelandclinic.org/2017/11/air-frying-is-it-as-healthy-as-you-think/>

>>The above link sez absolutely nothing about foods being "sprayed
>>lightly with oil". It's a question I've asked 'at least once!' in
>>this thread. Is this 3.2 qt "Oil-Less" air-fryer actually
>>oil-less or not!?
>>
>><https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>
>>
>>IOW, quit playing footsie with Shelly and answer the question!
>>
>>nb
>>

>I've seen a teaspoon or so of oil used or none.

Yep, for two small french fries... 'lightly' is a totally meaningless
word.

>Go to this site and
>click on questions at the top of the page. The last question has
>answers that say they use no oil
>http://www.qvc.com/Cooks-Essentials-...6.html?sc=SRCH
>Janet US

It's simply not possible to fry without oil[period]

Janet US is another ninny that can't cook a lick. If I desired I can
emulate exactly the same results one can with an air fryer by oiling
food, placing it in a pan, and placing the pan in my stove's oven...
they are even hawking non-stick screens on TV to air fry food in an
oven. Actually for smaller quantities one can do the same in a
microwave oven... there are gadgets for that too... microwave ovens
are fantastic for crisping fatty foods.
Those air fryers are another gimmick used by appliance sellers to
separate ninnies from their dollars, and to make them obese... all the
airhead fatsos will be touting air fryers... air fry another dozen
donuts, Janet!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 14:45:54 -0500, wrote:

>"sprayed lightly" is a totally meaningless term, each person's lightly
>is different. She can't answer the question because she can't cook
>(not a lick), hasn't a clue. That URL says exactly what I already
>posted, air fryers require oiling the food, otherwise it's NOT
>fried... how much oil is the quantity that would be sufficient to
>produce the same results as tradionally fried food. Personally I
>don't want a gizmo that encourages eating fried food. I eat very
>little fried foods, eggs is about all I fry, and then I blot them on
>paper towels in a paper plate. Most of the meats I cook are in
>stews/soups, thereby making it very easy to skim off what quantity I
>consider excess fat, which is most. I fry burgers, however it's meat
>I grind myself of cuts that are very lean... if I want juicy burgers I
>top them with sauted onions that are sauted in no cholesterol olive
>oil and then I drain them by leaving the pan tilted so the excess oil
>can run off, with most of the moisture being the water contained in
>onions. I make a concerted effort to reduce my/our fat consumption.
>Having a contraption that makes it convenient to fry foods and that
>also promotes healthfulness by LYING about fat content is something I
>don't want... I can see folks stuffing their maws with air fried spuds
>thinking they contain fewer calories than fried spuds from fast food
>joints... simpletons!

At least they'll be made from real potatoes. Much better than
McDonalds fries:

"Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil,
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk
Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color),
Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed
milk"

Plus, you can choose your oil and you determine how much you use, if
any.

The only problem is that air frying didn't exist in the 50s, so fuddy
duddy you rejects it.

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 01:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 07:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 01:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM