Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:26:37 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-01-01 10:04 AM, wrote:
>

>> Usually the crime is overcooking. At my local eatery he does great
>> fish and chips but I always send the server in with the message, 'the
>> one who doesn't like it overcooked' and it is perfect everytime. He
>> came out to chat with me once and said that he overcooks the fish
>> because that's how most people like it. You cook try asking the cook
>> not to overcook and see if you like it better.
>>

>I heard Mike Duffy when he was still a CBC reporter, recommend a chippy
>in Halifax that he said served the best fish & chips in the Maritimes.
>I went there when in town on business. I had their clam chowder followed
>by F&C. The chowder was excellent but the F&C just OK but nothing
>special. I complimented them on the chowder and the woman replied that I
>should have ordered the fish chowder because that had "larbster" in it.

That is correct though, the larbster should only be in fish chowder.
Clam or mussel chowder stand on their own because of their strong
flavour. The Newfie who taught me about chowders always recommended
that with fish chowder the one thing that must be there was haddock.
Oft times when I have made it without, it is not quite as good, I
think the haddock somehow spreads the flavour. She also when it was
cooked added Carnation Evaporated Milk - you can't taste it
specifically but it does a far nicer job than any cream combo.

I sure hope Duffy does not win his law suit, thus taking more of our
tax dollars
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:10:29 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 10:22:30 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
>> >only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
>> >the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
>> >when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
>> >fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
>> >
>> >Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
>> >for it a couple times a year.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
>> a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
>> of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
>> decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
>> those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
>> decently.

>I don't like catfish, but it's pretty easy to get good fish and chips
>hereabouts. We've got a fair few bars where they really know what to
>do at the fryer.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
better ? ;-)
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:10:29 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 10:22:30 AM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
> >> a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
> >> of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
> >> decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
> >> those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
> >> decently.

> >I don't like catfish, but it's pretty easy to get good fish and chips
> >hereabouts. We've got a fair few bars where they really know what to
> >do at the fryer.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
> better ? ;-)
> Janet US

Not that I've noticed.

It's been a long time since Vatican II.

Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:37:21 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

snip

>> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
>> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
>> better ? ;-)
>> Janet US

>Not that I've noticed.
>
>It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>
>Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
>country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Understood.. But apparently it is a food custom that is ingrained in
my old part of the world and continues to this day. Fridays were
family go out to eat night. (Sundays are Broasted Chicken day ;-) The
rest of the week I guess you are on your own.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 2:37 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
>> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
>> better ? ;-)
>> Janet US

> Not that I've noticed.
>
> It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>
> Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
> country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.

A lot of places around here have fish and chips specials on Fridays. The
local Lions Club has fish fries every second Friday from spring through
to November.... they have a small, non winterized building in a local
park. I am not Catholic, not even religious, but we got into the habit
of eating fish on Friday mainly because that is the day we shop and I
can pick it up fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2017-12-30, notbob > wrote:

> On 2017-12-30, Terry Coombs > wrote:

>> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

> Sure! I buy those all the time!! (not)

I was being sarcastic (as if you couldn't tell!) cuz I knew zip about
air fryers. I thought they were still those weird things sold on
infomercials or other late-night TV adds. I didn't realize they were
basically high-temp convection ovens in a minature pkg. I'm
intrigued, now!

So, do "air fryers need oil? Wiki sez: "The air fryer works
alternatively by coating the desired food in a thin layer of oil while
circulating air heated up to 200 °C to confer energy and initiate the
'maillard' (author added) reaction."

I see Farberware's 3.2qt Digital "Oil-Less" fryer fer jes $40, jes about
what I can afford! So, are they "Oil-Less" or not?

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>

I'll probably only use mine fer home-made french fries and stuff like that. I
don't cook much processed food (Pizza Rolls). Plus, there's only one of me!

OMG! ....one of those hideous TV devices! So, it's true!!:

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Big-Boss-1300-Watt-Oil-less-Air-Fryer-16-Quart-Choose-your-Color/29319016>

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:37:21 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 10:10:29 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I don't like catfish, but it's pretty easy to get good fish and chips
>> >hereabouts. We've got a fair few bars where they really know what to
>> >do at the fryer.
>> >
>> >Cindy Hamilton

>> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
>> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
>> better ? ;-)
>> Janet US

>Not that I've noticed.
>
>It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>
>Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
>country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I would rather have fish that was flash frozen out at sea than old
fish which has been sitting around.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jan 2018 12:54:19 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:37:21 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>snip
>>>
>>> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
>>> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
>>> better ? ;-)
>>> Janet US

>>Not that I've noticed.
>>
>>It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>>
>>Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
>>country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Understood.. But apparently it is a food custom that is ingrained in
>my old part of the world and continues to this day. Fridays were
>family go out to eat night. (Sundays are Broasted Chicken day ;-) The
>rest of the week I guess you are on your own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broasting

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 1:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-01-01 2:37 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>>> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars?Â* That was a
>>> thing where I grew up.Â* Fish, chips, slaw and beer.Â* Could anything be
>>> better ? ;-)
>>> Janet US

>> Not that I've noticed.
>>
>> It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>>
>> Most places that serve fish, serve it every day.Â* Here in flyover
>> country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>>

> A lot of places around here have fish and chips specials on Fridays.

In Uni residence, every Friday night dinner was fish and chips, just to
appease the few papist students.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 13:50:56 -0700, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-01-01 1:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Not that I've noticed.
>>>
>>> It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>>>
>>> Most places that serve fish, serve it every day.* Here in flyover
>>> country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>>>

>> A lot of places around here have fish and chips specials on Fridays.

>In Uni residence, every Friday night dinner was fish and chips, just to
>appease the few papist students.

Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:54:29 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 11:37:21 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 2:19:53 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> snip
> >>
> >> do you have 'fish on Friday' at all the pubs and bars? That was a
> >> thing where I grew up. Fish, chips, slaw and beer. Could anything be
> >> better ? ;-)
> >> Janet US

> >Not that I've noticed.
> >
> >It's been a long time since Vatican II.
> >
> >Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
> >country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Understood.. But apparently it is a food custom that is ingrained in
> my old part of the world and continues to this day. Fridays were
> family go out to eat night. (Sundays are Broasted Chicken day ;-) The
> rest of the week I guess you are on your own.
> Janet US

Seems to me that clam chowder is a pretty common "soup of the day"
on Fridays. Of course, the Knights of Columbus and other organizations
hold Lenten fish fries.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/1/2018 3:50 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-01-01 1:03 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Not that I've noticed.
>>>
>>> It's been a long time since Vatican II.
>>>
>>> Most places that serve fish, serve it every day. Here in flyover
>>> country, almost all fish arrives frozen anyway.
>>>

>> A lot of places around here have fish and chips specials on Fridays.

> In Uni residence, every Friday night dinner was fish and chips, just to
> appease the few papist students.

Fish on Friday has long been a tradition followed by many non-Catholics.
Sure, the Papes started it, but many look forward to Fish & Chips or
other seafood specials.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> Fish on Friday has long been a tradition followed by many non-Catholics.
> Sure, the Papes started it, but many look forward to Fish & Chips or
> other seafood specials.

So, the Catholics killed off our oceans!?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 4:18 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> I would rather have fish that was flash frozen out at sea than old
>>> fish which has been sitting around.

>> I'm talking fish direct from Lake Michigan, not frozen

> I'm not. I abhor freshwater fish.

Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 16:56:00 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I'm talking fish direct from Lake Michigan, not frozen

>> I'm not. I abhor freshwater fish.

>Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
>water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
>eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
>Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.

Not liking freshwater fish is a prejudice based blanket statement. But
you can grow old with it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 4:32 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Fish on Friday has long been a tradition followed by many non-Catholics.
> Â*Sure, the Papes started it, but many look forward to Fish & Chips or
> other seafood specials.

I would be one of those who has adopted the Friday fish routine. It is
rarely fish and chips. It is more often trout or salmon. I guess a lot
of people like deep fried fish more than I do. Years ago I loved deep
fried shrimp and scallops, which we usually got pre-made and frozen, and
most often had it in a restaurant. When we started having better access
to shrimps and scallops and had more options than the frozen breaded
stuff, I realized that was one of the worst ways to prepare them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11:54:14 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

> Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
> water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
> eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
> Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.

Freshwater fish is like Spam. You have to grow up eating it to build up a tolerance to it. I grew up eating mahimahi. It's hard to find these days. Mostly I eat strange river fish from Asia. It's not so bad if you put on a lot of tartar sauce.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 14:18:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Monday, January 1, 2018 at 11:54:14 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Pity. Some of it is pretty good. I think trout needs to be from cold
>> water. I don't care much for sunfish, bass and the like. I have been
>> eating a lot more fish over the past few years and discovered that Lake
>> Erie Perch and Pickerel are pretty tasty.

>Freshwater fish is like Spam. You have to grow up eating it to build up a tolerance to it. I grew up eating mahimahi. It's hard to find these days. Mostly I eat strange river fish from Asia. It's not so bad if you put on a lot of tartar sauce.

Yuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 08:08:29 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 13:50:56 -0700, graham > wrote:

>>> A lot of places around here have fish and chips specials on Fridays.

>>In Uni residence, every Friday night dinner was fish and chips, just to
>>appease the few papist students.

>Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?

So whats wrong with that? I dislike all fervent religiosi - they
cause more trouble in the world than anything else. At the rigid
school in England we all had to have fish on Fridays because of the
papists, trouble was it was supposed to be fish pie but the only
identifiable ingredient seemed to be smoked haddock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a
> > restaurant for it a couple times a year.

> I only deep fry 2-3 times a year so I have a dedicated 1.5qt
> saucepan for that. When I do, I'll deep fry many things (on my
> fry list) for up to a week, then be done with it for another 4-6
> months.

WE pan fry probably every month but that's apt to mostly be small
things in a little olive oil or canola oil depending on what it is.
Call it max 6TB oil generally and normally would be closer to 4TB.

The Air Fryer might be useful here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> snip

>>> I'm talking fish direct from Lake Michigan, not frozen

>>I'm not. I abhor freshwater fish.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Yes I prefer salt water fish and particularly northern sal****er fish,
>better flavour than tropical water fish.

I prefer fish that have been swimming upstream during a full moon, but
not on Wednesdays.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 03:55:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> > On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 5:31:35 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs
> > wrote:

> looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be
> a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things..
> I am very tempted to get one >> >> thanks, Rosie >> > I haven't tried
> one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the >> > purpose.
> >>
> >> * It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who

> wants to >> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the
> cooking time in >> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job
> with a tenth the >> energy consumption .
> >
> > Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
> > only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just
> > means the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that
> > kind of food when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the
> > spring, summer, fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.
> >
> > Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a
> > restaurant for it a couple times a year.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I have a deep fryer. I don't remember the last time I used it. It's
> a pain to clean. All I want is a big slab of fried catfish a couple
> of times a year. I can't get that around here. Actually, I can't get
> decent fried fish around here. I think you have to be near one of
> those really big bodies of water for people to treat fish prep
> decently.
> Janet US

We do have a deep fryer. Don brings it out 2-3 times a year. He makes
what we call 'Daddy Fries' (home fries, not pre-blanched, ust made as
they are with lots of seasonings). Same time he'll make fish or
chicken gizzards or best yet, squid!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2018-01-01, > wrote:
>
> > Yes I prefer salt water fish and particularly northern sal****er fish,
> > better flavour than tropical water fish.

> So, what I wanna know, is, why hasn't anyone figured out a way to
> harvest all the damn 'jumping carp', in The Great Lakes feeder rivers.
> Seems like they'd be a perfect source fer 'fish meal' to feed to farmed
> salmon, if nothing else. 8|

There are so many MONSTER - sized Asian carp about that they are UNSTOPPABLE, nb.... :

http://farmweeknow.com/story-asian-c...aters-0-161896

"Asian carp growing into 'monsters' in Illinois waters

WIU students reel in 76-pounder from a Mississippi River bay south of the Quad Cities; silver carp caught near Lake Michigan.

Published on: Jun 30, 2017

Students at Western Illinois University (WIU), who monitor invasive Asian carp in Illinois, caught a 76-pounder recently in Sturgeon Bay near New Boston.

Jim Lamer, site manager for WIUs Alice L. Kibbe Life Science Research Station, says carp that size arent uncommon.

€śYou see this really big and rapid growth and these fish attaining really large sizes in these areas where theyve newly invaded or their densities arent very high, so theres not a lot of competition,€ť Lamer said. €śThey can grow very quickly.€ť

The research station, based in Warsaw IL, monitors Asian carp at various sites throughout Illinois.

Meanwhile, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources reported the finding of an 8-pound silver carp in the Illinois Waterway, approximately 9 miles from Lake Michigan. The location is upriver from a system of electronic barriers designed to keep Asian carp from reaching the Great Lakes..."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01, Nancy Young > wrote:

> The way they jump into boats, a barge low enough with a motor that
> seems to attract them, move it around and let them leap in.

Seems simple enough to me. So, why hasn't it happened?

Not like there's enough jobs in the Great Lakes, region! 8|

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2017-12-30, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2017-12-30, Terry Coombs > wrote:

> >> Crispy pizza rolls in 5 minutes ...

> > Sure! I buy those all the time!! (not)

> I was being sarcastic (as if you couldn't tell!) cuz I knew zip about
> air fryers. I thought they were still those weird things sold on
> infomercials or other late-night TV adds. I didn't realize they were
> basically high-temp convection ovens in a minature pkg. I'm
> intrigued, now!
>
> So, do "air fryers need oil? Wiki sez: "The air fryer works
> alternatively by coating the desired food in a thin layer of oil while
> circulating air heated up to 200 °C to confer energy and initiate the
> 'maillard' (author added) reaction."
>
> I see Farberware's 3.2qt Digital "Oil-Less" fryer fer jes $40, jes
> about what I can afford! So, are they "Oil-Less" or not?

<https://www.walmart.com/ip/Farberware-3-2-Quart-Digital-Oil-Less-Fryer/722613447>

> I'll probably only use mine fer home-made french fries and stuff like
> that. I don't cook much processed food (Pizza Rolls). Plus, there's
> only one of me!
>
> OMG! ....one of those hideous TV devices! So, it's true!!:
>
> <https://www.walmart.com/ip/Big-Boss-...Air-Fryer-16-Q
> uart-Choose-your-Color/29319016>
>
> nb

It does indeed look like my next possible appliance here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-01-01 6:21 PM, Bruce wrote:

>>> Do you also hate Jews, Muslims and Protestants?

>> So whats wrong with that? I dislike all fervent religiosi

> Me too, but I didn't know we were talking about fervent religiosi.
>
> (What has become of me. Am I defending religious people?)

I hate to see normal society pandering to any religion, though many of
the so-called normal may be extremely religious themselves.
I grew up in a WASP community and moved to another city about half way
through grade 9 and ended up in a school that where at least 20% of the
students were Jewish. They obviously were not Orthodox or they would not
have been attending a public school. They were easy to spot in the A&W
across the street where a lot of us went for lunch. They were the ones
eating the bacon and cheese burgers. They weren't strictly kosher, but
pork was a no no, as was milk with meat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jan 2018 15:37:15 -0800 (PST), Steve Wartz
> wrote:

>notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2018-01-01, > wrote:
>>
>> > Yes I prefer salt water fish and particularly northern sal****er fish,
>> > better flavour than tropical water fish.

>> So, what I wanna know, is, why hasn't anyone figured out a way to
>> harvest all the damn 'jumping carp', in The Great Lakes feeder rivers.
>> Seems like they'd be a perfect source fer 'fish meal' to feed to farmed
>> salmon, if nothing else. 8|

>There are so many MONSTER - sized Asian carp about that they are UNSTOPPABLE, nb.... :

http://farmweeknow.com/story-asian-c...aters-0-161896

>"Asian carp growing into 'monsters' in Illinois waters
>
>WIU students reel in 76-pounder from a Mississippi River bay south of the Quad Cities; silver carp caught near Lake Michigan.
>
>Published on: Jun 30, 2017
>
>Students at Western Illinois University (WIU), who monitor invasive Asian carp in Illinois, caught a 76-pounder recently in Sturgeon Bay near New Boston.
>
>Jim Lamer, site manager for WIU’s Alice L. Kibbe Life Science Research Station, says carp that size aren’t uncommon.
>
>“You see this really big and rapid growth and these fish attaining really large sizes in these areas where they’ve newly invaded or their densities aren’t very high, so there’s not a lot of competition,” Lamer said. “They can grow very quickly.”
>
>The research station, based in Warsaw IL, monitors Asian carp at various sites throughout Illinois.
>
>Meanwhile, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources reported the finding of an 8-pound silver carp in the Illinois Waterway, approximately 9 miles from Lake Michigan. The location is upriver from a system of electronic barriers designed to keep Asian carp from reaching the Great Lakes..."

I hope they have more success than they did with zebra mussels
reaching the Great Lakes, but I doubt it.

Hot air fryers Rick Daly General Cooking 27 25-03-2016 12:21 AM
Deep Fryers [email protected] Cooking Equipment 11 20-12-2004 06:31 PM
Pressure Fryers? LET Cooking Equipment 0 12-09-2004 06:31 AM
Can fryers be roasted? Edwin Pawlowski General Cooking 4 05-02-2004 12:33 AM
Deep Fryers Frank A. Chris Dohrmann General Cooking 14 09-10-2003 03:44 AM