Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Air Fryers

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 5:31:35 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 12/30/2017 3:17 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC-5, rosie wrote:
> >> Have seen many ads FOR AIR FRYERS lately, THE the food all looks wonderful. have ANY OF.you tried these?seems to me it would be a good thing to have. Please tell me PROS AND CONS of these things.. I am very tempted to get one
> >> thanks, Rosie

> > I haven't tried one. It looked like my convection oven would serve the
> > purpose.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Â* It doesn't ... we have a conv oven too , it's nice but who wants to
> heat up that big ol' thing - which takes longer than the cooking time in
> an air fryer - when the air fryer will do the job with a tenth the
> energy consumption .

Granted, we don't use our oven when it's warm out. Luckily, that's
only four months a year. Most of the rest of the time, it just means
the furnace runs less. Plus, we're not interested in that kind of food
when it's hot; we're all about the grill during the spring, summer,
fall, and anytime it's over 20 F during the winter.

Our interest in fried food is so small that we just go to a restaurant
for it a couple times a year.

Cindy Hamilton