Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Marinade ribeye steak?

I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
Thanks
Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:
> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Doug

You can marinaTe them if you want to but IMO, a good rib eye doesn't
need to marinaTe in marinaDe to be tasty.
Rib eyes are my favorite steak cut (shudduppp Shel, lol)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Doug Weller wrote:
>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for
>> Thursday night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> Doug

> You can marinaTe them if you want to but IMO, a good rib eye doesn't
> need to marinaTe in marinaDe to be tasty.
> Rib eyes are my favorite steak cut.

Yes, yes and yessssss!!! I don't want to screw around with the wonderful
taste of a fine ribeye. If one must season, then just before hitting the
grill drizzle 'em with a good oil, season with a bit of a large grind salt
(kosher, sea, etc), pepper, and maybe some granulated garlic. But be
restrained and don't interfere with the taste of the beef :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 11:50*am, Doug Weller >
wrote:
> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> night. *Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Doug

Why would you want to ruin good beef? Oh, maybe they aren't Iowa
beef. LOL.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:

> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> Thanks

If they are good ribeyes there is no need to marinate them. They are
usually tender and tasty.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...

> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Doug

Personally, I would not marinate them. Ribeyes have a great flavor without
enhancement. At the most, I might rub them with fresh garlic and cracked
black pepper.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 01(I)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)
'I was arrested for selling
illegal-sized paper.' - s.w.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue 08 Jan 2008 01:53:03p, Goomba38 told us...

> Doug Weller wrote:
>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
>> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> Doug

> You can marinaTe them if you want to but IMO, a good rib eye doesn't
> need to marinaTe in marinaDe to be tasty.
> Rib eyes are my favorite steak cut (shudduppp Shel, lol)

Mine, too. They don't really need adornment.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Tuesday, 01(I)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)
Cats must lie on their human's face in
the middle of the night.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> Yes, yes and yessssss!!! I don't want to screw around with the wonderful
> taste of a fine ribeye. If one must season, then just before hitting the
> grill drizzle 'em with a good oil, season with a bit of a large grind salt
> (kosher, sea, etc), pepper, and maybe some granulated garlic. But be
> restrained and don't interfere with the taste of the beef :-)
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

And be sure the grill is H O T and take them off at about 110 degrees. IMO,
ribeye is the best steak.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 9:25�pm, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
> On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...
>
> > I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> > night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Doug

> Personally, I would not marinate them. �Ribeyes have a great flavor without
> enhancement. �

Bullshit. Ribeye is the *least* flavorful cut on the cow (it's for
folks who really don't like the flavor of beef), but still I'd not
marinate, I wouldn't marinate any cut from the rib or loin sections...
then I just wasted my money... only an utter moron would pay the price
for tender steaks and then marinate them as though they were $3/lb
round/chuck.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon > wrote in
:

> On Jan 8, 9:25�pm, Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>> On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...
>>
>> > I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for
>> > Thursday night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any
>> > suggestions? Thanks
>> > Doug

>> Personally, I would not marinate them. �Ribeyes have a great flavo

> r without
>> enhancement. �

> Bullshit. Ribeye is the *least* flavorful cut on the cow (it's for
> folks who really don't like the flavor of beef),

Um. Whatever. You don't know what you are talking about Sheldon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jay" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:36:00 -0800 (PST), Sheldon wrote:
>

>> Bullshit. Ribeye is the *least* flavorful cut on the cow (it's for
>> folks who really don't like the flavor of beef), but still I'd not
>> marinate, I wouldn't marinate any cut from the rib or loin sections...
>> then I just wasted my money... only an utter moron would pay the price
>> for tender steaks and then marinate them as though they were $3/lb
>> round/chuck.

> Rib eye is way over rated. But, 7$ a lb is not something that requires
> much brain engagement even from us morons to marinade. I eat less than
> 1/2
> lb or about 350 cents worth. Brazil nuts are nearly 9$ a lb. I AM
> careful
> with those. I will chicken fry a filet mignon if I have one and feel like
> it. It ain't hard to eat either. <watermelon>

Geez, I just checked the rates I wrote down last week. Rib eye is $8.99 a
lb.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sarah Gray wrote:
> Sheldon writes:
> > Duh'Wayne Bilgewright wrote:

> >> Personally, I would not marinate them. �Ribeyes have a great flavo

> > r without
> >> enhancement. �

> > Bullshit. Â*Ribeye is the *least* flavorful cut on the cow (it's for
> > folks who really don't like the flavor of beef),

> Um. Whatever. You don't know what you are talking about Sheldon.

I most certainly do know what I'm talking about... you're the one who
hasn't a clue, whatever airhead chick. Ribeye is the skinless
boneless chicken breast of beef, it's the Mrs Pauls fish sticks of
seafood... ribeye is for the taste in assers who have more dollars
then brain cells. Ribeye is the tofu of beef... proven by the dumb
clucks who are discussing marinating it... if it's so friggin' tasty
why marinate it. DUH! DUH! DUH!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 8, 10:24�pm, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "jay" > wrote in message

> > On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 18:36:00 -0800 (PST), Sheldon wrote:

> >> Bullshit. �Ribeye is the *least* flavorful cut on the cow (it's for
> >> folks who really don't like the flavor of beef), but still I'd not
> >> marinate, I wouldn't marinate any cut from the rib or loin sections...
> >> then I just wasted my money... only an utter moron would pay the price
> >> for tender steaks and then marinate them as though they were $3/lb
> >> round/chuck.

> > Rib eye is way over rated. �But, �7$ a lb is not something that requires
> > much brain engagement even from us morons to marinade. �I eat less than
> > 1/2
> > lb or about 350 cents worth. �Brazil nuts are nearly 9$ a lb. �I AM
> > careful
> > with those. �I will chicken fry a filet mignon if I have one and feel like
> > it. �It ain't hard to eat either. �<watermelon>

> > �A
> > � �Y

> Geez, I just checked the rates I wrote down last week. �Rib eye is $8.99 a
> lb.

Yup, $9/lb and unless it's marinated it tastes like marshmallow. <G>

Rib is popular at catered affairs only so folks whose palates are
educated to no higher level than fast food will eat it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:11:35 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
> wrote:

>Doug Weller > dropped this
: in rec.food.cooking

>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
>> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> Doug

>This is really basic and I'm not sure where I got this idea from. You
>can tweak the marinade any way you like.
>
>INGREDIENTS
>
>1 (12 ounce) bottle red wine vinegar
>1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
>1 tablespoon minced garlic
>1/2 tablespoon minced onion
>1 teaspoon ground black pepper (I use fresh cracked black or sometimes
>green peppercorns. I've also used red to add a zing)
>2 (10 ounce) beef rib eye steaks
>
>DIRECTIONS
>
>In a shallow, nonreactive dish, mix red wine vinegar, Worcestershire
>sauce, garlic, onion, and pepper. Place steaks in the mixture. Cover, and
>marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
>
>Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
>Grill steaks on the prepared grill 5 to 7 minutes per side, to desired
>doneness. Discard remaining marinade.

Sounds like a good marinade, Michael... but I wouldn't mess with a
decent rib eye like that.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:25:23 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

>On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...
>
>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
>> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> Thanks
>> Doug

>Personally, I would not marinate them. Ribeyes have a great flavor without
>enhancement. At the most, I might rub them with fresh garlic and cracked
>black pepper.

Thanks Wayne and everyone who replied (except Sheldon, of course, who I
only see when someone replies to him).
I will go with pan frying them with maybe some garlic and pepper. They
look pretty good.

But I will try that Kobe beef marinade with something soon, thanks for
that Jay!

Doug
--
Doug Weller --
A Director and Moderator of The Hall of Ma'at http://www.hallofmaat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 09 Jan 2008 12:58:15a, Doug Weller told us...

> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:25:23 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...
>>
>>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for
>>> Thursday night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug

>>Personally, I would not marinate them. Ribeyes have a great flavor
>>without enhancement. At the most, I might rub them with fresh garlic
>>and cracked black pepper.

> Thanks Wayne and everyone who replied (except Sheldon, of course, who I
> only see when someone replies to him).
> I will go with pan frying them with maybe some garlic and pepper. They
> look pretty good.
>
> But I will try that Kobe beef marinade with something soon, thanks for
> that Jay!
>
> Doug

Enjoy!

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 01(I)/09(IX)/08(MMVIII)
Nobody home but the lights, and
they're out too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 02:25:23 GMT, in rec.food.cooking, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue 08 Jan 2008 10:50:10a, Doug Weller told us...
>>
>>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
>>> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>>> Thanks
>>> Doug

>> Personally, I would not marinate them. Ribeyes have a great flavor without
>> enhancement. At the most, I might rub them with fresh garlic and cracked
>> black pepper.

> Thanks Wayne and everyone who replied (except Sheldon, of course, who I
> only see when someone replies to him).
> I will go with pan frying them with maybe some garlic and pepper. They
> look pretty good.
>
> But I will try that Kobe beef marinade with something soon, thanks for
> that Jay!
>
> Doug

Try rubbing some Famous Dave's Steak Seasoning on it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller said...

> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> Thanks

I'd be tempted to jaccard (meat punch) it and let it sit in the marinade for
a day, turning often. But I'd grind it into delicious hamburgers for the
grill, imho.

Andy

--
All Posts Blocked From: @yahoo|@gmail|@hotmail|@webtv
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote:
> Doug Weller said...
>
>> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
>> night. Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> Thanks

> I'd be tempted to jaccard (meat punch) it and let it sit in the marinade for
> a day, turning often. But I'd grind it into delicious hamburgers for the
> grill, imho.
>
> Andy

A good rib eye does not need to be abused first with a jaccard.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Doug Weller wrote:
> Duh'Wayne Bilgewright wrote:
> >Doug Weller told us...

> >> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> >> night. �Should I marinade them?

> >Personally, I would not marinate them. �Ribeyes have a great flavor without
> >enhancement. �At the most, I might rub them with fresh garlic and cracked
> >black pepper.

> Thanks Wayne and everyone who replied (except Sheldon, of course, who I
> only see when someone replies to him).
> I will go with pan frying them with maybe some garlic and pepper.

You really should braise them, because after freezing that's all beef
rib is good for... only a total kitchen schmuck buys an expensive
tender cut of beef and then freezes it... people do it, but if they
have any self respect won't admit to it... typical UK taste in asshole
disease, eh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Andy <q> wrote:
> > Dumb Weller said...

> >> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> >> night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> >> Thanks

> > I'd be tempted to jaccard (meat punch) it and let it sit in the marinade for
> > a day, turning often. But I'd grind it into delicious hamburgers for the
> > grill, imho.

> A good rib eye does not need to be abused first with a jaccard.

Was already abused plenty enough by freezing... what kinda kitchen
imbecile spends $6-$7-$8-$9 a pound for *fresh* premium beef steaks
and then puts them the freezer, only the dumbest of dumb schmucks....
at that point I'd cut it into bits, brown well, and use it to make
soup; beef barley w/'shooms.

Beef, Mushroom, and Barley Soup
Gourmet

Tender pieces of short rib and barley add body to a delicate herbal
broth you can make ahead and enjoy for days.

1 1/2 oz dried mushrooms
3 cups boiling-hot water plus 8 cups cold water
1 lb cross-cut beef short ribs or flanken (or ****ed/frozen rib steak)
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 large onion, chopped (2 cups)
2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1/2 lb fresh cremini mushrooms, trimmed and quartered
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup pearl barley
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill

Soak dried mushrooms in boiling-hot water in a bowl until softened,
about 20 minutes. Drain in a paper-towel-lined sieve set over a bowl
and reserve soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms, pat dry, and finely chop.

Bring soaked mushrooms, soaking liquid, ribs, salt, pepper, and
remaining 8 cups water to a boil in a 6- to 8-quart pot, then reduce
heat and simmer, partially covered, skimming foam, until meat is just
tender, about 1 hour. Transfer ribs with a slotted spoon to a cutting
board to cool, reserving broth.

While meat simmers, cook onion, carrots, celery, and creminis in oil
in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally,
until well browned, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in barley and cook,
stirring, 1 minute.

Discard bones, fat, and gristle from meat, then cut meat into 1/2-inch
pieces and add to broth along with barley mixture. Simmer, uncovered,
until barley is tender, about 40 minutes. Skim fat from surface, then
stir in dill and salt to taste.
---
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy wrote:
> Dumb Weller said...
>
> > I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> > night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> > Thanks

> I'd be tempted to jaccard (meat punch) it and let it sit in the marinade for
> a day, turning often. But I'd grind it into delicious hamburgers for the
> grill, imho.
>
> Andy

Sheesh, the blind leading the blind...

Oh, put a clamp on it, you never cooked anything... stick to the only
thing you know, posting stupid stolen jokes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jan 9, 2:03�am, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:11:35 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
>

> > wrote:
> >Doug Weller > dropped this
> :i n rec.food.cooking

> >> I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for Thursday
> >> night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
> >> Thanks
> >> Doug

> >This is really basic and I'm not sure where I got this idea from. �You
> >can tweak the marinade any way you like.

> >INGREDIENTS

> >1 (12 ounce) bottle red wine vinegar
> >1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
> >1 tablespoon minced garlic
> >1/2 tablespoon minced onion
> >1 teaspoon ground black pepper (I use fresh cracked black or sometimes
> >green peppercorns. �I've also used red to add a zing)
> >2 (10 ounce) beef rib eye steaks

> >DIRECTIONS

> >In a shallow, nonreactive dish, mix red wine vinegar, Worcestershire
> >sauce, garlic, onion, and pepper. Place steaks in the mixture. Cover, and
> >marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.

> >Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
> >Grill steaks on the prepared grill 5 to 7 minutes per side, to desired
> >doneness. Discard remaining marinade.

> Sounds like a good marinade, Michael... but I wouldn't mess with a
> decent rib eye like that.

Give it a rest... it was frozen... raped rib ain't decent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

>> A good rib eye does not need to be abused first with a jaccard.

> Was already abused plenty enough by freezing... what kinda kitchen
> imbecile spends $6-$7-$8-$9 a pound for *fresh* premium beef steaks
> and then puts them the freezer, only the dumbest of dumb schmucks....
> at that point I'd cut it into bits, brown well, and use it to make
> soup; beef barley w/'shooms.
>
> Beef, Mushroom, and Barley Soup
> Gourmet

Dill in the recipe? Interesting. Not an herb I would have thought to
add? I'll keep it in mind for another time. I am always a bit surprised
when folks add a bit of lemon juice to some soup recipes at that last
minute. Do you ever do this?

I just made the best batch of vegetable beef soup I've *evah* made. I
used skirt steak. It was incredibly beefy and tasty. I wish I'd thought
to add barley, especially since I have it right here already. I was just
tossing this soup together in the crock pot with what I thought sounded
good at the time and it WORKED!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon said...

> "Andy wrote:
>> Dumb Weller said...
>>
>> > I've taken a couple of ribeye steaks out of the deepfreeze for

Thursday
>> > night. �Should I marinade them? And if so, any suggestions?
>> > Thanks

>> I'd be tempted to jaccard (meat punch) it and let it sit in the marinade

> or
>> a day, turning often. But I'd grind it into delicious hamburgers for the
>> grill, imho.
>>
>> Andy

> Sheesh, the blind leading the blind...
>
> Oh, put a clamp on it, you never cooked anything... stick to the only
> thing you know, posting stupid stolen jokes.

Spoken like a true idiot.

You don't know how good a cook I am and never will.

I don't post jokes, I post comics (Stolen??? Nope.) from the funny pages.
Comedians tell jokes.

Andy

--
All Posts Blocked From: @yahoo|@gmail|@hotmail|@webtv