Old 20-03-2012, 05:03 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

On Mar 20, 5:38*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 3/20/2012 8:44 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 20, 4:13 pm, George *wrote:
On 3/19/2012 10:31 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 7:27 pm, George * *wrote:
On 3/19/2012 9:39 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 4:29 pm, George * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 11:37 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 7:15 am, George * * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 11:07 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 19, 6:13 am, George * * * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 8:09 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 18, 6:16 pm, George * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/18/2012 1:07 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 18, 2:33 am, George * * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 3:33 PM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 17, 8:00 pm, George * * * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 8:33 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 17, 3:50 pm, George * * * * * * * * *wrote:
On 3/17/2012 1:05 AM, Rupert wrote:

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
It's just a hideously ugly fake word on its face, and the loathsome
ideas and false beliefs encapsulated in it are even more hideously ugly.

What's ugly about the ideas involved in veganism?

False morality is inherently ugly, especially when it involves self
exaltation and sanctimony.

I don't believe that a desire to do something about animal suffering
is inherently ugly, and

There isn't any such authentic desire. *It's really all about the ego
and self-image of the so-called "vegan".

This belief of yours strikes me as irrational.

No, it doesn't. *You just say that to try to deflect attention from you
own ego gratification and self-exaltation.

How exactly do you think I am trying to exalt myself

Believing that you're "better" than omnivores based on what you don't eat.

I don't.

You do.

Why do you think that?

Why do you ask pointless questions?

I asked the question because I was curious to know the answer.

Really?

Yes.

Really!?

Yes. Do you perhaps have some alternative explanation in mind?

Yes.

You don't seem very willing to share your thoughts with me at the
moment.

You didn't ask me to share them - you just asked me if I had any.

Well, I would be interested to hear what the alternative explanation
is that you have in mind, if you care to share it.

Old 20-03-2012, 06:36 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George wrote:
[...]

I'll give some consideration (!) to sharing it.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:53 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

Well, I hope you will share it, because the chances are it will be
amusingly stupid.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:58 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George wrote:
[...]

No, it almost certainly would not be.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:08 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

Presumably you know what alternative explanation you have in mind of
why I asked the question. When you say that it "almost certainly would
not be" amusingly stupid, does that mean that there is some doubt in
your mind about the matter?

Old 21-03-2012, 02:15 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

Gooberdoodle *hopes* his explanation won't be amusingly stupid but he
can't guarantee it so he probably won't answer your question.

Old 21-03-2012, 04:12 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

No.- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

Then why do you say "almost certainly" as opposed to "certainly"?
Old 21-03-2012, 04:19 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George wrote:
[...]

Are you teaching beginning algebra in Germany?
Old 21-03-2012, 04:27 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

Are you teaching beginning algebra in Germany?- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

No, I'm not doing any teaching, why?

Old 21-03-2012, 05:13 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

Then how are you ****ing away your time in Germany?
Old 21-03-2012, 05:59 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

Doing research on topological twin buildings and topological groups.
Old 21-03-2012, 06:36 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George wrote:
[...]

So, the telemarketing job was a bust, eh?
Old 21-03-2012, 06:40 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *wrote:
[...]

I don't know why you keep carrying on about that telemarketing job. I
did it for a couple of months back in 2007, then I quit it to go to
Shanghai and work at a place called the Sino-British College. Then I
finished my PhD and worked at Australian Catholic University for
eighteen months, then I lectured and tutored at Sydney University for
one semester and then I came to the University of Münster to do a post-
doc. The telemarketing job is old news, and you know this. And the
fact that I worked as a telemarketer for two months strikes me as
unimportant and uninteresting.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:00 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science

On Mar 15, 6:12 am, George wrote:
[...]

I thought it suited you.