Posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,alt.food.vegan,alt.food.vegan.science
Dutch Dutch is offline

Default Always put quotes around "vegan"

<dh@.> wrote
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 16:01:26 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>>Explain the distinction between "consideration of animal suffering" and
>>"appreciation for lives of positive value for livestock animals".

> Consideration of suffering is considering a negative aspect.

Negative aspects are only ones that require our attention. Positive
situations are already just fine as they are.

> The other
> considers a positive aspect which is why you've been opposing it all these
> years.

It serves no constructive purpose to "consider a positive aspect", and it
clearly smacks of self serving rationalization.

I've been waiting for 13 years for you to tell me what purpose it serves but
you can't do it. All you ever do is respond with vague language indicating
better conditions for animals but that is ONLY accomplished by considering
suffering then doing something about it, not "appreciating positive
situations"..