Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 6/13/21

Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.

You?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:48:48 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>
>You?
>
>Jill

My son dropped past with a surprise gift of a lovely trout he had
caught an hour or so previously. Too much for me so I invited a
friend from within this building and she brought the veggies. I
coated the trout with butter and baked at 400°convection oven.

It was wonderful. All happened so quickly I forgot to take a pic,
sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-13 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>
> You?

My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak grilled on the gas BBQ and
served with steamed local asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and salad with
blue cheese dressing, washed down with a class of a nice meaty
California Zinfandal. Dessert was a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
from the corner bakery. I think they changed my mind about *******izing
rhubarb with strawberry.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>
>You?
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:57:28 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:48:48 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:
>
>>Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>>breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>
>>You?
>>
>>Jill

>My son dropped past with a surprise gift of a lovely trout he had
>caught an hour or so previously. Too much for me so I invited a
>friend from within this building and she brought the veggies. I
>coated the trout with butter and baked at 400°convection oven.
>
>It was wonderful. All happened so quickly I forgot to take a pic,
>sorry.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2021 7:57 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:48:48 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>
>> You?
>>
>> Jill

> My son dropped past with a surprise gift of a lovely trout he had
> caught an hour or so previously. Too much for me so I invited a
> friend from within this building and she brought the veggies. I
> coated the trout with butter and baked at 400°convection oven.
>
> It was wonderful. All happened so quickly I forgot to take a pic,
> sorry.

How nice of him! It sounds very good. Don't apologize about the lack
of a pic. I'd have taken a pic of my dinner but my camera went kaput a
couple of weeks ago. I won't be taking pics of anything anytime soon.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2021 8:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-13 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in
>> seasoned breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>
>> You?
>>

> My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
portion and which the strip? Just curious.

> grilled on the gas BBQ and
> served with steamed local asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and salad with
> blue cheese dressing, washed down with a class of a nice meaty
> California Zinfandal.Â* Dessert was a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
> from the corner bakery.Â* I think they changed my mind about *******izing
> rhubarb with strawberry.

You and your pies. Sounds very nice, Dave.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:40:41 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 8:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-13 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in
>>> seasoned breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>

>> My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
>portion and which the strip? Just curious.
>
>> grilled on the gas BBQ and
>> served with steamed local asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and salad with
>> blue cheese dressing, washed down with a class of a nice meaty
>> California Zinfandal.* Dessert was a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie
>> from the corner bakery.* I think they changed my mind about *******izing
>> rhubarb with strawberry.
>>

>You and your pies. Sounds very nice, Dave.
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:36:12 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 7:57 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:48:48 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> My son dropped past with a surprise gift of a lovely trout he had
>> caught an hour or so previously. Too much for me so I invited a
>> friend from within this building and she brought the veggies. I
>> coated the trout with butter and baked at 400°convection oven.
>>
>> It was wonderful. All happened so quickly I forgot to take a pic,
>> sorry.
>>

>How nice of him! It sounds very good. Don't apologize about the lack
>of a pic. I'd have taken a pic of my dinner but my camera went kaput a
>couple of weeks ago. I won't be taking pics of anything anytime soon.
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:48:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>
> You?

Still working on the kitchen remodel, so another in a long line of very
simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad, dressed with balsamic
vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt.

Recent lunches are a little more noteworthy, although not cooked by
me. Saturday was take-out from a local German restaurant. I had
mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and the vegetable of the day (roasted
zucchini). He had bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber salad. I still have
some mettwurst and potatoes available for another meal.

Sunday was a sub from Jersey Mike's. Not my favorite, but my husband
likes it and we were tired out from installing the new ceiling light fixture
in the kitchen.

After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Still working on the kitchen remodel

Taking pics? Some "before and after" would be nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 8:32:10 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Still working on the kitchen remodel

> Taking pics? Some "before and after" would be nice.

I have the before pics. Come to think of it, we're not taking nearly enough
"during" shots. (Of course, my husband probably is, when I'm not around
to notice him doing it.)

I'm nearly finished painting. Just some touch-ups left. I sure wish
my hands were steadier. I was painting with a damned quarter-inch
brush and still touched it where it didn't belong.

The cabinets arrive today. Whee!

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2021 4:52 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.

Hahahaha!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-13 8:40 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/13/2021 8:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-13 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in
>>> seasoned breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green
>>> beans.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>

>> My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

> Porterhouse is an excellent cut!Â* Which of you had the tenderloin
> portion and which the strip?Â* Just curious.

I get the tenderloin and she gets the strip. It works well for both of
us. I like the tenderloin and she likes the strip. She eats more meat
than I do and that part is usually at least twice as big as the
tenderloin. It is a mutually beneficial deal.

>> grilled on the gas BBQ and served with steamed local asparagus,
>> sauteed mushrooms and salad with blue cheese dressing, washed down
>> with a class of a nice meaty California Zinfandal.Â* Dessert was a
>> piece of strawberry rhubarb pie from the corner bakery.Â* I think they
>> changed my mind about *******izing rhubarb with strawberry.
>>

> You and your pies. Â* Sounds very nice, Dave.

I love pie but I rarely eat it these days. I used to make a lot of
rhubarb pies. I had a couple plants in the back yard and I could go out
and pull enough rhubarb for a pie. I have a black walnut tree back
there and I think it finally did to the rhubarb what the other black
walnuts did to my vegetable garden.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:40:41 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>>Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
>>portion and which the strip? Just curious.
>>
>>> grilled on the gas BBQ and
>>> served with steamed local asparagus, sauteed mushrooms.

I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
ready this year.

Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite. There's enough left for
tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:52:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:48:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>
>> You?

>Still working on the kitchen remodel, so another in a long line of very
>simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad, dressed with balsamic
>vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt.
>
>Recent lunches are a little more noteworthy, although not cooked by
>me. Saturday was take-out from a local German restaurant. I had
>mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and the vegetable of the day (roasted
>zucchini). He had bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber salad. I still have
>some mettwurst and potatoes available for another meal.
>
>Sunday was a sub from Jersey Mike's. Not my favorite, but my husband
>likes it and we were tired out from installing the new ceiling light fixture
>in the kitchen.
>
>After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
getting a deep watering.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
> wrote:

wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>>> Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
>>> portion and which the strip? Just curious.

> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
> ready this year.

If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.

Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.

> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

There's enough left for
> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
> well.

If you caught the rain that came through here over the last two days it
should help.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:52:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:48:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in seasoned
>>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green beans.
>>>
>>> You?

>>Still working on the kitchen remodel, so another in a long line of very
>>simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad, dressed with balsamic
>>vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt.
>>
>>Recent lunches are a little more noteworthy, although not cooked by
>>me. Saturday was take-out from a local German restaurant. I had
>>mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and the vegetable of the day (roasted
>>zucchini). He had bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber salad. I still have
>>some mettwurst and potatoes available for another meal.
>>
>>Sunday was a sub from Jersey Mike's. Not my favorite, but my husband
>>likes it and we were tired out from installing the new ceiling light fixture
>>in the kitchen.
>>
>>After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
>We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
>enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
>Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
>drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
>getting a deep watering.

I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
tomorrow if my back is willing.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 20:40:41 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

> green beans.

> > > Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
> > > portion and which the strip? Just curious.

> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
> ready this year.
>
> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite. There's enough left for
> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
> well.

It's early for your season yet. Give it time obviously.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:52:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> seasoned >>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and
> green beans. >>>
> > >
> > > Still working on the kitchen remodel, so another in a long line
> > > of very simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad, dressed with
> > > balsamic vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled with olive oil and
> > > sprinkled with salt.
> > >
> > > Recent lunches are a little more noteworthy, although not cooked
> > > by me. Saturday was take-out from a local German restaurant. I
> > > had mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and the vegetable of the
> > > day (roasted zucchini). He had bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber
> > > salad. I still have some mettwurst and potatoes available for
> > > another meal.
> > >
> > > Sunday was a sub from Jersey Mike's. Not my favorite, but my
> > > husband likes it and we were tired out from installing the new
> > > ceiling light fixture in the kitchen.
> > >
> > > After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
> > We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
> > enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
> > Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
> > drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
> > getting a deep watering.

> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
> tomorrow if my back is willing.
> Janet US

I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
container setups?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:53:58 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
> > wrote:

> wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

> > I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
> > the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
> > I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
> > ready this year.

> If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
> that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
> complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
> mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.
>
> Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
> to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.
> >
> > Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
> > mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
> > muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
> > mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

> My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

That's become some addictive stuff. Beer is better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
> >On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:52:49 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >>Still working on the kitchen remodel, so another in a long line of very
> >>simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad, dressed with balsamic
> >>vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt.
> >>
> >>Recent lunches are a little more noteworthy, although not cooked by
> >>me. Saturday was take-out from a local German restaurant. I had
> >>mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and the vegetable of the day (roasted
> >>zucchini). He had bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber salad. I still have
> >>some mettwurst and potatoes available for another meal.
> >>
> >>Sunday was a sub from Jersey Mike's. Not my favorite, but my husband
> >>likes it and we were tired out from installing the new ceiling light fixture
> >>in the kitchen.
> >>
> >>After lunch I mowed my ENTIRE lawn.
> >>
> >>Cindy Hamilton

> >Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
> >We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
> >enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
> >Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
> >drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
> >getting a deep watering.

> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
> tomorrow if my back is willing.

Here is a news story about an 80 year old woman who walked 500 miles:

-- https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...sville-for-als

US News and World Report
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:46:30 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:53:58 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
>> > wrote:

>> wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>> > I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
>> > the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
>> > I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
>> > ready this year.

>> If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
>> that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
>> complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
>> mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.
>>
>> Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
>> to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.
>> >
>> > Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>> > mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>> > muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>> > mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

>> My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

>That's become some addictive stuff. Beer is better.

I know 2 alcoholics. They're both beer drinkers.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:52:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>> >Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
>> >We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
>> >enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
>> >Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
>> >drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
>> >getting a deep watering.

>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>> tomorrow if my back is willing.

>Here is a news story about an 80 year old woman who walked 500 miles:
>
>-- https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...sville-for-als

Powered by acorn squash?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
>> wrote:

>> green beans.

>> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
>> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
>> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
>> ready this year.
>>
>> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite. There's enough left for
>> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
>> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
>> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
>> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
>> well.

> It's early for your season yet. Give it time obviously.

Don't worry, Giant titties will spring from his villa soon. Plus a
host of squirting pussies. He will be covered in *** and bragging
by july.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:01:03 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> green beans.

>>> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
>>> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
>>> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
>>> ready this year.
>>>
>>> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>>> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>>> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>>> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite. There's enough left for
>>> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
>>> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
>>> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
>>> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
>>> well.

>> It's early for your season yet. Give it time obviously.
>>

>Don't worry, Giant titties will spring from his villa soon. Plus a
>host of squirting pussies. He will be covered in *** and bragging
>by july.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:59:19 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
>> wrote:

>> green beans.

>> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
>> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
>> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
>> ready this year.
>>
>> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite. There's enough left for
>> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
>> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
>> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
>> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
>> well.

>It's early for your season yet. Give it time obviously.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:54:01 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:52:53 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 2:37:38 PM UTC-4, US Janet wrote:

>>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>>> tomorrow if my back is willing.

>>Here is a news story about an 80 year old woman who walked 500 miles:
>>
>>-- https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...sville-for-als

>Powered by acorn squash?

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:53:00 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:46:30 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>>> wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>>> If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
>>> that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
>>> complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
>>> mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.
>>>
>>> Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
>>> to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.

>>> My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

>>That's become some addictive stuff. Beer is better.

>I know 2 alcoholics. They're both beer drinkers.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>> seasoned >>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and
>> green beans. >>>

>> > Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
>> > We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
>> > enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
>> > Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
>> > drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
>> > getting a deep watering.

>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
>> Janet US

>I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
>container setups?

depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 4:46 p.m., bruce bowser wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:53:58 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:

>> Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
>> to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.
>>>
>>> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>>> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>>> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>>> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

>> My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

> That's become some addictive stuff. Beer is better.

One shot of rum instead of several beers? Really?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:12:35 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>US Janet wrote:
>>
>>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
>>> Janet US

>>I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
>>container setups?

>depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
>I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
>Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.

Pot plants are illegal here.

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>US Janet wrote:

>>> seasoned >>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and
>>> green beans. >>>

>>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
>>> Janet US

>>I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
>>container setups?

>depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
>I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
>Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
>Janet US

I've grown acorn in tubs. I do not see any reason why corn won't grow
in a tub, with the only limit being that you'd probably need 2 tubs
near each other so that cross pollination can occur more easily..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:56:01 PM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:12:35 -0600, US Janet >
> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:

> >>I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
> >>container setups?

> >depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
> >I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
> >Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
> >Janet US

> I've grown acorn in tubs. I do not see any reason why corn won't grow
> in a tub, with the only limit being that you'd probably need 2 tubs
> near each other so that cross pollination can occur more easily..

I once talked with a guy who emptied porto-potty waste in a field back in the 50's or 60's and by the 1990's tomatoes grew like mad over there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:09:21 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:56:01 PM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:

>> I've grown acorn in tubs. I do not see any reason why corn won't grow
>> in a tub, with the only limit being that you'd probably need 2 tubs
>> near each other so that cross pollination can occur more easily..

>I once talked with a guy who emptied porto-potty waste in a field back in the 50's or 60's and by the 1990's tomatoes grew like mad over there.

Was his name Hank?

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:
>
>> US Janet wrote:

>>> seasoned >>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and
>>> green beans. >>>

>>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
>>> Janet US

>> I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
>> container setups?

> depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
> I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
> Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
> Janet US

I would defer to kuth when working with corn grown in pots.

Just be carefull to not insert it too far.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:12:35 -0600, US Janet >
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:

> line >>> > > of very simple dinners. Grilled chicken on a salad,
> dressed with >>> > > balsamic vinaigrette, slice of bread drizzled
> with olive oil and >>> > > sprinkled with salt.

> cooked >>> > > by me. Saturday was take-out from a local German
> restaurant. I >>> > > had mettwurst, vinaigrette potato salad, and
> the vegetable of the >>> > > day (roasted zucchini). He had
> bratwurst, spatzen, and cucumber >>> > > salad. I still have some
> mettwurst and potatoes available for >>> > > another meal.

> good >>> > enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres
> of grass. >>> > Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last
> night and still >>> > drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like
> this weather, they're >>> > getting a deep watering.

> up >>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn
> squash in >>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
> > >
> > > I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
> > > container setups?

> > depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
> > I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
> > Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
> > Janet US

> I've grown acorn in tubs. I do not see any reason why corn won't grow
> in a tub, with the only limit being that you'd probably need 2 tubs
> near each other so that cross pollination can occur more easily..

Humm, I thought of trying potatoes in one. They are easy and might be
fun to play around with.

I'll try and remember to post some picks of my not that fancy container
garden. Most of the planters are the simple long thin ones, almost
like a window box like look. I also have some larger round ones and a
few kitty-litter plastic buckets.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 19:12:27 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:12:35 -0600, US Janet >
>> wrote:

snip

>> up >>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn
>> squash in >>> tomorrow if my back is willing.

>> > depends on the container. Search 'Bush Acorn Squash.' As an aside,
>> > I've seen a corn seed advertised as container plant!
>> > Ask Boron, Boron does all kinds of plants in pots.
>> > Janet US

>> I've grown acorn in tubs. I do not see any reason why corn won't grow
>> in a tub, with the only limit being that you'd probably need 2 tubs
>> near each other so that cross pollination can occur more easily..

>Humm, I thought of trying potatoes in one. They are easy and might be
>fun to play around with.
>
>I'll try and remember to post some picks of my not that fancy container
>garden. Most of the planters are the simple long thin ones, almost
>like a window box like look. I also have some larger round ones and a
>few kitty-litter plastic buckets.

I've grown potatoes in a pot and also in large tubs.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:46:30 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 1:53:58 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
>> > wrote:

>> wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>> > I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
>> > the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
>> > I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
>> > ready this year.

>> If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
>> that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
>> complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
>> mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.
>>
>> Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
>> to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.
>> >
>> > Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
>> > mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
>> > muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
>> > mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

>> My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

>That's become some addictive stuff. Beer is better.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:02:15 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:51:13 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>> seasoned >>> breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and
>> green beans. >>>

>> > Should have called Kootchie, he's a pro at ENTIRE lawns.
>> > We got lucky, the sun came out for two days and dried the lawn good
>> > enough to mow, we mowed it entirely yesterday, ten acres of grass.
>> > Barely finished and began to rain again, rained last night and still
>> > drizzling... only 63ºF. My young trees like this weather, they're
>> > getting a deep watering.

>> I got my tomato plants in a couple of days ago. The beans aren't up
>> yet. The cucmber plants are doing fine. I'll put the acorn squash in
>> tomorrow if my back is willing.
>> Janet US

>I've not tried growing Acorn squash. Seems to me it wouldn't like
>container setups?

Bruce