Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 6/13/21

On 2021-06-13 8:40 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/13/2021 8:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-13 7:48 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>> Baked chicken thighs (brushed with melted butter and rolled in
>>> seasoned breadcrumbs), wild rice cooked in chicken broth and green
>>> beans.
>>>
>>> You?
>>>

>> My wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

> Porterhouse is an excellent cut!Â* Which of you had the tenderloin
> portion and which the strip?Â* Just curious.

I get the tenderloin and she gets the strip. It works well for both of
us. I like the tenderloin and she likes the strip. She eats more meat
than I do and that part is usually at least twice as big as the
tenderloin. It is a mutually beneficial deal.

>> grilled on the gas BBQ and served with steamed local asparagus,
>> sauteed mushrooms and salad with blue cheese dressing, washed down
>> with a class of a nice meaty California Zinfandal.Â* Dessert was a
>> piece of strawberry rhubarb pie from the corner bakery.Â* I think they
>> changed my mind about *******izing rhubarb with strawberry.
>>

> You and your pies. Â* Sounds very nice, Dave.

I love pie but I rarely eat it these days. I used to make a lot of
rhubarb pies. I had a couple plants in the back yard and I could go out
and pull enough rhubarb for a pie. I have a black walnut tree back
there and I think it finally did to the rhubarb what the other black
walnuts did to my vegetable garden.