Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 6/13/21

On 2021-06-14 12:33 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 21:39:32 -0400, Dave Smith >
> wrote:

wife and I split a Porterhouse steak

>>> Porterhouse is an excellent cut! Which of you had the tenderloin
>>> portion and which the strip? Just curious.

> I would have grilled the asparaguys and the 'shrooms... once I light
> the grill I find lots to cook on it to go with grilled steak. Normally
> I'd grill eggplant, bell peppers, tomatoes, zukes, etc. But nothing
> ready this year.

If you had cooked my dinner for me you would have been welcome to do
that. My wife looked after dinner and I was grateful enough not to
complain. I am happy enough that she has finally learned out to saute
mushrooms to my taste, which is barely cooked.

Damn.... eggplant. I was thinking of making some baba ganoush and meant
to get some eggplant when I was at the grocery store this morning.

> Last night I pan fried a slab of marinated top round, made a salad of
> mixed greens from our garden. My wife baked a dozen jumbo corn
> muffins from a store brand mix. She sipped a Belizean rum and coke,
> mine was a Crystal Palace vodka and sprite.

My wife usually drinks rum on the rocks.

There's enough left for
> tonight, cold thinly sliced steak on dressed greens. For just the two
> of us we prefer steak pan fried, less clean up, scrubbing grill grates
> is too much like work. I don't know how sucessful our garden will be
> this year, so far too cold and wet, only the mixed greens are doing
> well.

If you caught the rain that came through here over the last two days it
should help.