Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

Gary wrote:

> On 6/12/2021 7:22 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > > Is this just an Austin, Texas phenomenon, or do a lot of people in
> > > other states take their obviously non-service dogs into grocery
> > > stores too?
> > >
> > > Some dogs sit in carts or the baby seats, some get blankets to
> > > make them comfy, some are being clutched to chests, some peek out
> > > of purses, and even others are on 8-14 foot leashes - sometimes 2
> > > or 3 wide at a time in the aisles so nobody can get past them.
> > > And any number of them can be barking, yapping, or growling at
> > > other customers or dogs at any given time.
> > >
> > > Is this just as common in others cities and states? Do you or
> > > somebody you know take your non-service dog into a grocery store?
> > > Why?
> > >
> > > -sw

> > Never seen it here. Our folks are a bit more saavy on such and do
> > not allow them in. Randomly though you do hear of emotional support
> > animals causing problems at the beach. Gary may know if it's common.

> I did see a "service dog" in my beach Harris Teeter grocery store
> about 6 months ago. I talked with the woman for a few minutes too.
> Nice lady, nice little furry (fur over eyes) white dog.
>
> Note: it wasn't some official service dog. That's what she was
> calling it. lol
>
> I had no problem with the dog in the store but others might have.
>
> I have my reservations about all this support/service animal crap
> though. It's just continuing liberal nonsense that we should accept
> any weirdo as "normal."
>
> IMO, if you can't even go to a store without your pet by your side,
> stay home and order everything to be delivered. Even better...let
> your pet order the food while you sit nearby in a chair softly crying
> over daily stress.

LOL, ok that's 2 at Harris Teeters (your's by the beach) but your's is
a lady and mine is a guy also named Gary with a bonified Service guide
dog. I'm with it on the actual service animal.

The 'support animals' are pretty much bogus due to a lot of abuse of
the system.