Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

bruce bowser wrote:
> And don't forget Sea Horses.

Many years ago I went down to the oceanfront early morning during an
especially low tide. Thousands of dead sea horses on the sand. That was
an odd thing to see. I didn't even know that sea horses lived around here.

Another year....thousands of dead or dying starfish on the beach.

In both cases, no "experts" explained why those events happened.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Water was White Castle for Dinner! 2/19/21

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 00:03:26 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:26:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> The dwarf is correct in his assessment of your intellect.
>>
>> --
>> Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
>> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

> The dwarf has never been correct in his obsession about me. He's
> so invested in my life, every little thing I do, he envies. It's
> quite pathetic. Also pathetic is your constant need for some
> attention, greg. You'll do anything to get people to respond to
> you. Does Jesus know about your wanton, perverse, behavior?

Mr. High Tech Google Extroidinaire can't even read headers. He's
never even tried before he makes all these wild ass accusations.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:53:49 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 00:03:26 -0800 (PST), dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:26:25 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >> The dwarf is correct in his assessment of your intellect.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Most "Bruce" posts are from my stalker frogger.
> >> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

> > The dwarf has never been correct in his obsession about me. He's
> > so invested in my life, every little thing I do, he envies. It's
> > quite pathetic. Also pathetic is your constant need for some
> > attention, greg. You'll do anything to get people to respond to
> > you. Does Jesus know about your wanton, perverse, behavior?

> Mr. High Tech Google Extroidinaire can't even read headers. He's
> never even tried before he makes all these wild ass accusations.

Nobody on Google can read headers. We used to be able to, but a
recent "upgrade" removed that ability.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:53:49 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > The dwarf has never been correct in his obsession about me. He's
>> > so invested in my life, every little thing I do, he envies. It's
>> > quite pathetic. Also pathetic is your constant need for some
>> > attention, greg. You'll do anything to get people to respond to
>> > you. Does Jesus know about your wanton, perverse, behavior?

>> Mr. High Tech Google Extroidinaire can't even read headers. He's
>> never even tried before he makes all these wild ass accusations.

>Nobody on Google can read headers. We used to be able to, but a
>recent "upgrade" removed that ability.

I'd understand if Google left Google Groups as crappy as it was,
Usenet being obsolete and all. But why spend resources on an upgrade
that made GG even worse? Also the removal of empty lines.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:54:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Mr. High Tech Google Extroidinaire can't even read headers. He's
> >> never even tried before he makes all these wild ass accusations.

> >Nobody on Google can read headers. We used to be able to, but a
> >recent "upgrade" removed that ability.
> >

> I'd understand if Google left Google Groups as crappy as it was,
> Usenet being obsolete and all. But why spend resources on an upgrade
> that made GG even worse? Also the removal of empty lines.

I suspect they did it so the GG interface could share more code with
Gmail, thus making it cheaper to maintain.

Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
some sort of connection in there somewhere.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
> some sort of connection in there somewhere.

Ask John, unless that's covered in the 2nd half of the book he half read.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:54:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Nobody on Google can read headers. We used to be able to, but a
>> >recent "upgrade" removed that ability.
>> >

>> I'd understand if Google left Google Groups as crappy as it was,
>> Usenet being obsolete and all. But why spend resources on an upgrade
>> that made GG even worse? Also the removal of empty lines.

>I suspect they did it so the GG interface could share more code with
>Gmail, thus making it cheaper to maintain.

That may be it.

>Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
>some sort of connection in there somewhere.

Strange. Google posts already have a crazy long line length and now
they're also creating walls of unseparated text. Most people who use
GG have mental disabilities and this makes it even harder for them.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 3:25:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:54:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> I'd understand if Google left Google Groups as crappy as it was,
> >> Usenet being obsolete and all. But why spend resources on an upgrade
> >> that made GG even worse? Also the removal of empty lines.

> >I suspect they did it so the GG interface could share more code with
> >Gmail, thus making it cheaper to maintain.

> That may be it.
> >Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
> >some sort of connection in there somewhere.

> Strange. Google posts already have a crazy long line length and now
> they're also creating walls of unseparated text. Most people who use
> GG have mental disabilities and this makes it even harder for them.

You get what you pay for. And sometimes, not even that.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 10:25:54 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 12:54:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 09:49:35 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> I'd understand if Google left Google Groups as crappy as it was,
> >> Usenet being obsolete and all. But why spend resources on an upgrade
> >> that made GG even worse? Also the removal of empty lines.

> >I suspect they did it so the GG interface could share more code with
> >Gmail, thus making it cheaper to maintain.

> That may be it.
> >Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
> >some sort of connection in there somewhere.

> Strange. Google posts already have a crazy long line length and now
> they're also creating walls of unseparated text. Most people who use
> GG have mental disabilities and this makes it even harder for them.
>
> --
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about. You should probably try taking care of your problems instead of crying over it. That's just some friendly big boy advice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 12:56:21 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 10:25:54 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >I suspect they did it so the GG interface could share more code with
>> >Gmail, thus making it cheaper to maintain.

>> That may be it.
>> >Outlook has an option (I think) to remove empty lines. I suspect there
>> >some sort of connection in there somewhere.

>> Strange. Google posts already have a crazy long line length and now
>> they're also creating walls of unseparated text. Most people who use
>> GG have mental disabilities and this makes it even harder for them.
>>
>> --
>> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

>I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about. You should probably try taking care of your problems instead of crying over it. That's just some friendly big boy advice.

Most GG posts don't matter anyway. Cindy's do, but she controls the
line length herself. Yours do, but for those I bring lunch in case I
get hungry halfway the line.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/3/2021 3:56 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about. You should probably try taking care of your problems instead of crying over it. That's just some friendly big boy advice.

Indeed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:13:52 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 12:56:21 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 10:25:54 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:02:36 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> That may be it.
> >> Strange. Google posts already have a crazy long line length and now
> >> they're also creating walls of unseparated text. Most people who use
> >> GG have mental disabilities and this makes it even harder for them.
> >>
> >> --
> >> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

> >I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about. You should probably try taking care of your problems instead of crying over it. That's just some friendly big boy advice.

> Most GG posts don't matter anyway. Cindy's do, but she controls the
> line length herself. Yours do, but for those I bring lunch in case I
> get hungry halfway the line.
> --
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Indeed Cindy does. I won't do it myself because I think forced carriage returns are as relevant as 24 hour carriage rental shops. Manually inserting formatting commands is never a good idea in this day and age of computer text formatting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 13:43:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:13:52 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 12:56:21 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about. You should probably try taking care of your problems instead of crying over it. That's just some friendly big boy advice.

>> Most GG posts don't matter anyway. Cindy's do, but she controls the
>> line length herself. Yours do, but for those I bring lunch in case I
>> get hungry halfway the line.

>Indeed Cindy does. I won't do it myself because I think forced carriage returns are as relevant as 24 hour carriage rental shops. Manually inserting formatting commands is never a good idea in this day and age of computer text formatting.

Every group has its rebel without a cause.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 4:44:00 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> Indeed Cindy does. I won't do it myself because I think forced carriage returns are as
> relevant as 24 hour carriage rental shops. Manually inserting formatting commands is
> never a good idea in this day and age of computer text formatting.

Your lack of courtesy to those whose newsreaders follow Usenet conventions
is duly noted.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Your lack of courtesy to those whose newsreaders follow Usenet conventions
> is duly noted.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I love that line! Thank you, thank you! This shows your general lack of awareness of what goes on here. In fact, it's a world-class lack of awareness. A true Cindy-ism. I shall cherish that line forever!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 4:44:04 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Your lack of courtesy to those whose newsreaders follow Usenet conventions
> > is duly noted.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I love that line! Thank you, thank you! This shows your general lack of awareness of what
> goes on here. In fact, it's a world-class lack of awareness. A true Cindy-ism. I shall cherish
> that line forever!

I can deliberately be discourteous. You are discourteous through laziness
and self-righteousness.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 4:44:04 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:23:25 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > > Your lack of courtesy to those whose newsreaders follow Usenet conventions
> > > is duly noted.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > I love that line! Thank you, thank you! This shows your general lack of awareness of what
> > goes on here. In fact, it's a world-class lack of awareness. A true Cindy-ism. I shall cherish
> > that line forever!

> I can deliberately be discourteous. You are discourteous through laziness
> and self-righteousness.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
You first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:02:19 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> > > I love that line! Thank you, thank you! This shows your general lack of awareness of what
> > > goes on here. In fact, it's a world-class lack of awareness. A true Cindy-ism. I shall cherish
> > > that line forever!

> > I can deliberately be discourteous. You are discourteous through laziness
> > and self-righteousness.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
> You first.

Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.

Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 02:22:43 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:02:19 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:54:29 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > I can deliberately be discourteous. You are discourteous through laziness
>> > and self-righteousness.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
>> You first.

>Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
>
>Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.

In terms of courtesy and respect, I'd label this communication towards
dsi1 as neutral. Not a bad starting point for the experiment.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:22:47 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:02:19 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > > I can deliberately be discourteous. You are discourteous through laziness
> > > and self-righteousness.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
> > You first.

> Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
>
> Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 02:33:12 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:22:47 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
>> > You first.

>> Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
>>
>> Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!

Ok, that's definitely not courteous or respectful.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:35:37 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> Ok, that's definitely not courteous or respectful.
> >

> --
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require. Better luck next time!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 02:37:42 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:35:37 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> >

>> Ok, that's definitely not courteous or respectful.
>> >

>Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require. Better luck next time!

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 02:02:16 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!

Well?

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 4:53:18 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 13:43:56 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
> >On Wednesday, March 3, 2021 at 11:13:52 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:

> >> Most GG posts don't matter anyway. Cindy's do, but she controls the
> >> line length herself. Yours do, but for those I bring lunch in case I
> >> get hungry halfway the line.

> >Indeed Cindy does. I won't do it myself because I think forced carriage returns are as relevant as 24 hour carriage rental shops. Manually inserting formatting commands is never a good idea in this day and age of computer text formatting.

> Every group has its rebel without a cause.

The true number seems about half.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/4/2021 5:33 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> People on rfc treating each other with courtesy and respect is a smashing idea. Let's do it!
>>> You first.

>> Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
>>
>> Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!

Can a female really man up?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> Google posts already have a crazy long line length

> I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about.

Google doesn't do outgoing word-wrap, or you don't have that set. Shame
on Google if they eliminated that polite feature.

I never see them. Most newreaders have an option to control word-wrap,
incoming and outgoing.

Bruce uses Eudora and that should have the same features.

The only time I see your long scrolling lines are when I repond to you.
The quoted stuff retains the scrolling long lines.

No worries though. I deal with what I get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 10:03:30 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >> Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
> >>
> >> Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!
> >

> Can a female really man up?

Here on the mainland, we use the term: "be a big girl".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021 10:19:14 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> Google posts already have a crazy long line length

>> I don't see any crazy long line lengths that you constantly whine about.

>Google doesn't do outgoing word-wrap, or you don't have that set. Shame
>on Google if they eliminated that polite feature.
>
>I never see them. Most newreaders have an option to control word-wrap,
>incoming and outgoing.
>
>Bruce uses Eudora and that should have the same features.
>
>The only time I see your long scrolling lines are when I repond to you.
>The quoted stuff retains the scrolling long lines.
>
>No worries though. I deal with what I get.

I use Agent. I can press O to make it shorten GG's lines. When I reply
it's a big mess, though. But there are bigger problems than a
rebellious child in RFC.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 5:03:30 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Respect must be earned. I am respectful toward those who have earned it.
> >>
> >> Courtesy is a tool. It can be used or withheld as circumstances require.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton

> > So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!
> >

> Can a female really man up?

I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans. OTOH, when my wife and daughter saw a car hit an embankment and fly through the air and down the side of a mountain, my wife pulled over and my daughter jumped out of the car, ran down the hill to check on the guy and then climbed up the hill and screamed "Call 911!" The she went back down the hill to render aid. My wife and daughter will always stop and render aid. They're some pretty ballsy chicks alright.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 04/03/2021 21:20, dsi1 wrote:

>>> So what's the big deal? I'm merely exercising my right to use courtesy as a tool of choice - same as you. Don't be such a big crybaby - man up!
>>>

>> Can a female really man up?

> I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans. OTOH, when my wife and daughter saw a car hit an embankment and fly through the air and down the side of a mountain, my wife pulled over and my daughter jumped out of the car, ran down the hill to check on the guy and then climbed up the hill and screamed "Call 911!" The she went back down the hill to render aid. My wife and daughter will always stop and render aid. They're some pretty ballsy chicks alright.

=====

They sure are You are lucky to have them) Your wife is a nurse
yes? That driver was very lucky they were around!! You must be very
proud of them!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 6:40:30 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> On 04/03/2021 21:20, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Can a female really man up?

> > I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans.

A lot kids see things, think they see things or hear things and actually investigate those things without telling you. Then the kid surprises the parents years later. Who knows who's on the correct side of the fence?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 1:40:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> On 04/03/2021 21:20, dsi1 wrote:

> >> Can a female really man up?

> > I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans. OTOH, when my wife and daughter saw a car hit an embankment and fly through the air and down the side of a mountain, my wife pulled over and my daughter jumped out of the car, ran down the hill to check on the guy and then climbed up the hill and screamed "Call 911!" The she went back down the hill to render aid. My wife and daughter will always stop and render aid. They're some pretty ballsy chicks alright.
> >

> =====
>
> They sure are You are lucky to have them) Your wife is a nurse
> yes? That driver was very lucky they were around!! You must be very
> proud of them!

I think that generally, people like to have members of my family around. It's kind of strange.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:09:26 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 6:40:30 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:

> > > I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans.

> A lot kids see things, think they see things or hear things and actually investigate those things without telling you. Then the kid surprises the parents years later. Who knows who's on the correct side of the fence?

You're certainly right about that. The kids will always surprise you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 1:40:30 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I think so. OTOH, it was my intention that my daughter be raised to be self-reliant and not to be a barbie doll. That's not the way it turned out - so much for parental plans. OTOH, when my wife and daughter saw a car hit an embankment and fly through the air and down the side of a mountain, my wife pulled over and my daughter jumped out of the car, ran down the hill to check on the guy and then climbed up the hill and screamed "Call 911!" The she went back down the hill to render aid. My wife and daughter will always stop and render aid. They're some pretty ballsy chicks alright.
>>>

>> =====
>>
>> They sure are You are lucky to have them) Your wife is a nurse
>> yes? That driver was very lucky they were around!! You must be very
>> proud of them!

> I think that generally, people like to have members of my family around. It's kind of strange.

Yoose family is very special. Most dinks are, but white folks don't
appreciate them. Yoose should march, demonstrate and riot.

And keep up the whining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/27/2021 2:06 PM, Transition Zone wrote:
> On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 8:35:43 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>> The first and only time I went to a WC restaurant was at work for lunch
>>> with all the other guys.
>>>
>>> On the menu was 4 packs of hamburgers. I thought, "Who the hell wants to
>>> buy 4 hamburgers for lunch," so I asked for 2 and probably paid too much
>>> for them separately.
>>>
>>> Not until I got back in the truck and opened the bag did I see just how
>>> tiny they were. Live and learn. They *were* good though.

>> The standard unit of White Castles is the "sack". As in, "Let's go get
>> a sack of Whitey's."
>>
>> When I was a kid, they were 10 for $1. Individually they were 14 cents.

> That vs. 76 cents, now?

If White Castles were 14 cents in 1970, and were subject to the average
level of inflation, they'd cost 94 cents in 2021. I used the McDonald's
app today, and paid $2 + tax for two hamburgers and a medium fries. A
McD's hamburger that cost 39 cents in 1977, *should* cost $1.66. The
minimum purchase for getting the Friday free fries was only $1, so I
could have gotten one burger & fries for $1 + tax.

I bought a whole chicken today for under $4, including sales tax. Food
is cheap these days, and not just meat. It's housing that's costly.

--
--Bryan
For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3:08:57 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On 2/27/2021 2:06 PM, Transition Zone wrote:

> >> The standard unit of White Castles is the "sack". As in, "Let's go get
> >> a sack of Whitey's."
> >>
> >> When I was a kid, they were 10 for $1. Individually they were 14 cents..

> > That vs. 76 cents, now?
> >

> If White Castles were 14 cents in 1970, and were subject to the average
> level of inflation, they'd cost 94 cents in 2021. I used the McDonald's
> app today, and paid $2 + tax for two hamburgers and a medium fries. A
> McD's hamburger that cost 39 cents in 1977, *should* cost $1.66. The
> minimum purchase for getting the Friday free fries was only $1, so I
> could have gotten one burger & fries for $1 + tax.
>
> I bought a whole chicken today for under $4, including sales tax. Food
> is cheap these days, and not just meat. It's housing that's costly.
>
> --
> --Bryan
> For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
> tested on laboratory animals.

Cheap food is good food - even though it might make you feel ill. Unfortunately, food ain't cheap on this rock - even McDonald's. And you still feel ill.
Yesterday I went to KFC and got a 2 piece meal for 10 bucks. It had two breast pieces, mashed potatoes, a biscuit, and a drink. That was a wrong move on my part! The chicken was dry and unpleasant. The mashed potatoes were somehow waterlogged like it was pumped full of water. Weird. It was a pretty mentally depressing meal. I wanted to relive some happy days of the past when my dad would pick up a bucket of chicken and we'd be one happy family eating together. There was no family time quite as happy as when we'd eat KFC.. Those days are long gone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3:08:57 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> >

>> If White Castles were 14 cents in 1970, and were subject to the average
>> level of inflation, they'd cost 94 cents in 2021. I used the McDonald's
>> app today, and paid $2 + tax for two hamburgers and a medium fries. A
>> McD's hamburger that cost 39 cents in 1977, *should* cost $1.66. The
>> minimum purchase for getting the Friday free fries was only $1, so I
>> could have gotten one burger & fries for $1 + tax.
>>
>> I bought a whole chicken today for under $4, including sales tax. Food
>> is cheap these days, and not just meat. It's housing that's costly.
>>
>> --
>> --Bryan
>> For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
>> tested on laboratory animals.

>Cheap food is good food - even though it might make you feel ill.

That's pretty disgusting. Money can be important, but not THAT
important.

--
The real Bruce posts with Eternal September
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:00:38 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
> >On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 3:08:57 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> >
> >> If White Castles were 14 cents in 1970, and were subject to the average
> >> level of inflation, they'd cost 94 cents in 2021. I used the McDonald's
> >> app today, and paid $2 + tax for two hamburgers and a medium fries. A
> >> McD's hamburger that cost 39 cents in 1977, *should* cost $1.66. The
> >> minimum purchase for getting the Friday free fries was only $1, so I
> >> could have gotten one burger & fries for $1 + tax.
> >>
> >> I bought a whole chicken today for under $4, including sales tax. Food
> >> is cheap these days, and not just meat. It's housing that's costly.
> >>
> >> --
> >> --Bryan
> >> For your safety and protection, this sig. has been thoroughly
> >> tested on laboratory animals.

> >Cheap food is good food - even though it might make you feel ill.

> That's pretty disgusting. Money can be important, but not THAT
> important.
> --
> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

You're like those guys that put premium fuel in their low compression cars. It don't make your car run better, it just makes you feel special. To me, food is food is food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/5/2021 9:26 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, March 5, 2021 at 4:00:38 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 17:29:59 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>>> Cheap food is good food - even though it might make you feel ill.

>> That's pretty disgusting. Money can be important, but not THAT
>> important.
>> --
>> The real Bruce posts with Eternal September

> You're like those guys that put premium fuel in their low compression cars. It don't make your car run better, it just makes you feel special. To me, food is food is food.

But both cheap food and expensive food can be harmful. I try to buy
healthy no matter the price. I also splurge on occasion for something
that is really tasty. I just ordered some Cotswold cheese that is not a
sensible buy from a cost perspective, but I want it.

No matter how cheap food is, if I don't like it I don't eat it.