Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.

This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
had a phishing scam on it.

Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
account?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
>site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
>mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.
>
>This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
>into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
>but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
>site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
>since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
>give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
>using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
>claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
>had a phishing scam on it.
>
>Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
>account?

I don't know how to help you. But, my Nextdoor already knows me
because they verify that you are who you say you are by asking your
neighbors for confirmation. Can you get in far enough to search for
'Home.' to relay your problem.

This is national headquarters, there is a link at the bottom to 'help'
I don't know if that will solve your problem.
HTH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 7:54:49 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> I don't know how to help you. But, my Nextdoor already knows me
> because they verify that you are who you say you are by asking your
> neighbors for confirmation. Can you get in far enough to search for
> 'Home.' to relay your problem.
>
> This is national headquarters, there is a link at the bottom to 'help'
> I don't know if that will solve your problem.
> HTH

I've been in communication with the support team for the site and they're
saying I've GOT to give and publish my first and last name on the site
before I can access it again. It didn't seem to be an issue when I joined
a few months ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
>site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
>mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.
>
>This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
>into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
>but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
>site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
>since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
>give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
>using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
>claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
>had a phishing scam on it.
>
>Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
>account?

Sounds like your site admin sucks, get OUT of there...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 9:00:46 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I'd just let it go. We had that in our neighborhood but I did not find
> it useful enough to bother with it. Maybe you live in a better
> neighborhood though, ours was boring.

I think I will. If I decide later that I want to get back on the site I can
just sign up again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
>
> I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's
> site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
> mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.
>
> This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required
> signing
> into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters
> information
> but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for
> the
> site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but
> now
> since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
> give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable
> in
> using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
> claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've
> already
> had a phishing scam on it.
>
> Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete
> my
> account?

I tried that and quit after a few weeks. Some guy kept emailing me and
telling me that my dog was pooping in his yard. I had no yard. I saw nothing
useful there. It was hard to log into. We have local FB groups that are much
better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
>site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
>mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.
>
>This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
>into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
>but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
>site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
>since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
>give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
>using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
>claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
>had a phishing scam on it.
>
>Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
>account?

If you have any doubts it's a good thing not to
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
> site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
> mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.

Nextdoor ASSHOLES kicked me OFF!

**** 'EM!!

"People SUCK!"

I'm gonna have to start WRITING THE BOOK AGAIN! I wrote an Intro when I lived down in Tholozan 2004-5ish, when I decided the book would be a gut-punch Self Help book, talking about all the places and ways that People SUCK!

And WE DO!! Each and every LAST ONE OF US!! Everywhere! Not ALL the time, but MUCH of the time!! Like in grocery stores, when forming queues, etc. Like the time I was on my bicycle going to a bank's ATM and there was a car occupying BOTH available, so I stood on my bicycle waiting for either car to be finished, and SOME BITCH in a FIRE BREATHING FARTMOBILE pulls in behind ONE of the cars!! DUH!!! So I walked my bicycle over to her and explained I was IN LINE, so she gets all flustered, backs up her car AND PULLS BEHIND THE OTHER CAR!!!

I could not believe it! You CAN'T cure STUPID!!

Guess which car occupying the two ATMs left first!! ;-)

And I gently rode my bicycle up to that ATM and THE BITCH was still waiting behind the OTHER CAR OCCUPYING THE ATM!!!!

Life LESSON, STUPID BITCH!! :-(

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and SMARTER THAN MOST OTHER HUMANS!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

<stuff about waiting in line>

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-12 9:21 a.m., Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>

> <stuff about waiting in line>
>
> Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
> shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
> it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
> people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
> Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They tend
to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit card in
hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything through they
hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and watch their
stuff being checked out and then when the total is announced they open
open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for the card...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:21:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>John Kuthe wrote:
>>

> <stuff about waiting in line>
>
>Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
>shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
>it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
>people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
>Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

I think you're spot on, law of averages failing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/12/2019 9:21 AM, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>

> <stuff about waiting in line>
>
> Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
> shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
> it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
> people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
> Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

Senior citizens should either pay cash or have to take a credit card use
test. A woman ahead of ut had a difficult time. First she swiped the
car on one side, then the other. Then she cleaned it and swiped again.
Gave up and took out another card. She could not find the chip so the
cashier showed her, but then she could not find th slot to insert it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:42:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-04-12 9:21 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> John Kuthe wrote:
>>>

>> <stuff about waiting in line>
>>
>> Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
>> shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
>> it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
>> people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
>> Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.
>>

>If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They tend
>to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit card in
>hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything through they
>hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and watch their
>stuff being checked out and then when the total is announced they open
>open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for the card...

Smiths usual misogynistic shit !
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 7:11:54 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I tried that and quit after a few weeks. Some guy kept emailing me and
> telling me that my dog was pooping in his yard. I had no yard. I saw nothing
> useful there. It was hard to log into. We have local FB groups that are much
> better.

When I registered I set my account to receive no personal e-mail. If a person
needed to contact me they left a message on the site then I would click it on
and read it there. Also, I never logged out so there was no trouble 'logging
in.' I had the site bookmarked on my favorites bar and all I had to do was
click it and I was instantly at the site.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 7:30:30 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> Nextdoor ASSHOLES kicked me OFF!
>
> **** 'EM!!
>
> "People SUCK!"

I can't imagine why they would kick you off the site. (That was sarcasm in
case anyone had trouble recognizing it.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith wrote:
>On 2019-04-12 lucretiaborgia wrote:
>>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith

>>> If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They tend
>>> to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit card in
>>> hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything through they
>>> hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and watch their
>>> stuff being checked out and then when the total is announced they open
>>> open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for the card...

>> Smiths usual misogynistic shit !

>Yeah. I know. The truth hurts.

I see just as many men at the checkout day dreaming and unprepared to
pay, then they need to pull a way over stuffed wallet from a back
pocket that appears like a cancer growth... they need to shuffle
through a whole deck of plastic cards or have to muddle through a wad
of wrinkled bills, all the denominations mixed together. I also see
mostly men wanting to pay with a debit card that hasn't enough funds
available and there they are holding up the line while deciding what
to put back.

I shop with a list and mostly stick to it. I know the prices and
calculate the total before leaving home. I'm usually within a dollar
and have the money ready in hand.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:20:03 -0400, wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith wrote:
>>On 2019-04-12 lucretiaborgia wrote:
>>>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith

>>> Smiths usual misogynistic shit !

>>Yeah. I know. The truth hurts.

>I see just as many men at the checkout day dreaming and unprepared to
>pay, then they need to pull a way over stuffed wallet from a back
>pocket that appears like a cancer growth... they need to shuffle
>through a whole deck of plastic cards or have to muddle through a wad
>of wrinkled bills, all the denominations mixed together. I also see
>mostly men wanting to pay with a debit card that hasn't enough funds
>available and there they are holding up the line while deciding what
>to put back.
>
>I shop with a list and mostly stick to it. I know the prices and
>calculate the total before leaving home. I'm usually within a dollar
>and have the money ready in hand.

A strange reason to be proud of oneself, but if it works for you...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith wrote:
> >On 2019-04-12 lucretiaborgia wrote:
> >>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 Dave Smith

> >> Smiths usual misogynistic shit !

> >Yeah. I know. The truth hurts.

> I see just as many men at the checkout day dreaming and unprepared to
> pay, then they need to pull a way over stuffed wallet from a back
> pocket that appears like a cancer growth... they need to shuffle
> through a whole deck of plastic cards or have to muddle through a wad
> of wrinkled bills, all the denominations mixed together. I also see
> mostly men wanting to pay with a debit card that hasn't enough funds
> available and there they are holding up the line while deciding what
> to put back.
>
> I shop with a list and mostly stick to it. I know the prices and
> calculate the total before leaving home. I'm usually within a dollar
> and have the money ready in hand.

All yoose men and womens are full of it... People pushing
shopping carts into your ankles, blocking aisles while paying no
attention to others, standing at the checkout picking out pennies
or using bad debit cards or expired credit cards, turban wearing
mid-eastern fellows chasing you with a broom...and on and on.

If any of those silly stories are true, yoose need to move to my
area and shop early. I have honestly NEVER encountered any of
these silly situations. Never! WTF?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:35:48 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> All yoose men and womens are full of it... People pushing
> shopping carts into your ankles, blocking aisles while paying no
> attention to others, standing at the checkout picking out pennies
> or using bad debit cards or expired credit cards, turban wearing
> mid-eastern fellows chasing you with a broom...and on and on.
>
> If any of those silly stories are true, yoose need to move to my
> area and shop early. I have honestly NEVER encountered any of
> these silly situations. Never! WTF?

You need to get out more, too.

I've not encountered turban wearing broom pushers but I have encountered
people who hold up lines while fishing for pens, checkbooks, and credit/
debit cards. I've been in line behind people who pull out credit card
after credit card because the previous one is maxed out. Also I've been
trapped behind 'dreamers' who aren't paying attention that they're next
to be rung up and are busy scanning magazines while their cart is full.

Not a week passes by that someone has left their cart in the middle of the
aisle while they wandered all the way back to the end of the aisle looking
for something. Then there is the handicap cart that is sitting dead in
the middle of the aisle or constantly needs to back up. Beep-beep-beep-
beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 14:35:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

wrote:

>> >Yeah. I know. The truth hurts.

>> I see just as many men at the checkout day dreaming and unprepared to
>> pay, then they need to pull a way over stuffed wallet from a back
>> pocket that appears like a cancer growth... they need to shuffle
>> through a whole deck of plastic cards or have to muddle through a wad
>> of wrinkled bills, all the denominations mixed together. I also see
>> mostly men wanting to pay with a debit card that hasn't enough funds
>> available and there they are holding up the line while deciding what
>> to put back.
>>
>> I shop with a list and mostly stick to it. I know the prices and
>> calculate the total before leaving home. I'm usually within a dollar
>> and have the money ready in hand.

>All yoose men and womens are full of it... People pushing
>shopping carts into your ankles, blocking aisles while paying no
>attention to others, standing at the checkout picking out pennies
>or using bad debit cards or expired credit cards, turban wearing
>mid-eastern fellows chasing you with a broom...and on and on.
>
>If any of those silly stories are true, yoose need to move to my
>area and shop early. I have honestly NEVER encountered any of
>these silly situations. Never! WTF?

Dave Smith bitches about everything, so why not this? He can't look
out of the window without seeing something scandalous and wrong.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:35:48 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > All yoose men and womens are full of it... People pushing
> > shopping carts into your ankles, blocking aisles while paying no
> > attention to others, standing at the checkout picking out pennies
> > or using bad debit cards or expired credit cards, turban wearing
> > mid-eastern fellows chasing you with a broom...and on and on.
> >
> > If any of those silly stories are true, yoose need to move to my
> > area and shop early. I have honestly NEVER encountered any of
> > these silly situations. Never! WTF?
> >

> You need to get out more, too.
>
> I've not encountered turban wearing broom pushers but I have encountered
> people who hold up lines while fishing for pens, checkbooks, and credit/
> debit cards. I've been in line behind people who pull out credit card
> after credit card because the previous one is maxed out. Also I've been
> trapped behind 'dreamers' who aren't paying attention that they're next
> to be rung up and are busy scanning magazines while their cart is full.
>
> Not a week passes by that someone has left their cart in the middle of the
> aisle while they wandered all the way back to the end of the aisle looking
> for something. Then there is the handicap cart that is sitting dead in
> the middle of the aisle or constantly needs to back up. Beep-beep-beep-
> beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

Get outta here with all that. I've done all the shopping for over
30 years. Never encountered anything like that. I'm serious too,
Joan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:03:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> You need to get out more, too.
>>
>> I've not encountered turban wearing broom pushers but I have encountered
>> people who hold up lines while fishing for pens, checkbooks, and credit/
>> debit cards. I've been in line behind people who pull out credit card
>> after credit card because the previous one is maxed out. Also I've been
>> trapped behind 'dreamers' who aren't paying attention that they're next
>> to be rung up and are busy scanning magazines while their cart is full.
>>
>> Not a week passes by that someone has left their cart in the middle of the
>> aisle while they wandered all the way back to the end of the aisle looking
>> for something. Then there is the handicap cart that is sitting dead in
>> the middle of the aisle or constantly needs to back up. Beep-beep-beep-
>> beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

>Get outta here with all that. I've done all the shopping for over
>30 years. Never encountered anything like that. I'm serious too,
>Joan.

Maybe these problems are so small that you and I don't register them,
even if we encounter them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:10:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 7:11:54 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I tried that and quit after a few weeks. Some guy kept emailing me and
>> telling me that my dog was pooping in his yard. I had no yard. I saw nothing
>> useful there. It was hard to log into. We have local FB groups that are much
>> better.
>>

>When I registered I set my account to receive no personal e-mail. If a person
>needed to contact me they left a message on the site then I would click it on
>and read it there. Also, I never logged out so there was no trouble 'logging
>in.' I had the site bookmarked on my favorites bar and all I had to do was
>click it and I was instantly at the site.

When I attempted to sign up to the RFC facebook account whoever the
moderator was at that time kicked me off before I was on. I got a
bunch of BS alibis and was asked to sign up again, no thank yoose,
Adios. I did read a few posts but to put it mildly facebook was not
my cup of tea... I don't do moderated, moderated is for toddlers and
the mentally deficient. I don't want to join a club where if the
moderator has a hard on for you they erase your posts but those who
kiss the modertors ass can post whatever.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:45:45 -0400, wrote:

>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 10:10:21 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 7:11:54 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I tried that and quit after a few weeks. Some guy kept emailing me and
>>> telling me that my dog was pooping in his yard. I had no yard. I saw nothing
>>> useful there. It was hard to log into. We have local FB groups that are much
>>> better.
>>>

>>When I registered I set my account to receive no personal e-mail. If a person
>>needed to contact me they left a message on the site then I would click it on
>>and read it there. Also, I never logged out so there was no trouble 'logging
>>in.' I had the site bookmarked on my favorites bar and all I had to do was
>>click it and I was instantly at the site.

>When I attempted to sign up to the RFC facebook account whoever the
>moderator was at that time kicked me off before I was on. I got a
>bunch of BS alibis and was asked to sign up again, no thank yoose,
>Adios. I did read a few posts but to put it mildly facebook was not
>my cup of tea... I don't do moderated, moderated is for toddlers and
>the mentally deficient. I don't want to join a club where if the
>moderator has a hard on for you they erase your posts but those who
>kiss the modertors ass can post whatever.

In RFC, people who take themselves very seriously self-moderate using
killfiles. That's better than a Big Brother Moderator who you may or
may not agree with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:03:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> " wrote:
> >>
> >> You need to get out more, too.
> >>
> >> I've not encountered turban wearing broom pushers but I have encountered
> >> people who hold up lines while fishing for pens, checkbooks, and credit/
> >> debit cards. I've been in line behind people who pull out credit card
> >> after credit card because the previous one is maxed out. Also I've been
> >> trapped behind 'dreamers' who aren't paying attention that they're next
> >> to be rung up and are busy scanning magazines while their cart is full.
> >>
> >> Not a week passes by that someone has left their cart in the middle of the
> >> aisle while they wandered all the way back to the end of the aisle looking
> >> for something. Then there is the handicap cart that is sitting dead in
> >> the middle of the aisle or constantly needs to back up. Beep-beep-beep-
> >> beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

> >Get outta here with all that. I've done all the shopping for over
> >30 years. Never encountered anything like that. I'm serious too,
> >Joan.

> Maybe these problems are so small that you and I don't register them,
> even if we encounter them.

I don't know. Maybe it's because I've always shopped early when
stores first open and I avoid all the idiots of the other
variety? Never encoutered any of this. I suspect they are mostly
fake stories.

Ever since age 17 I've always woken up or gotten up at around
4am. Mainly for early morning surfing. These days, I love to shop
as early as possible. Grocery stores no later than 7am. Walmart
rules because they are open 24/7. Most other stores don't open
until 9-10 so I rarely even bother with them. Pain in the ass to
have to go to my bank that opens at 9. Lazy turds.

Worst is the library. Opens at 10am so I rarely go there anymore.
How lame is opening at 10am? Most days, I've gone to several
places and finished all my driving and shopping by 8am.

Even still some early morning surfing occasionally (and when
sharks are feeding) or just a bike ride on the boardwalk. I
probably see more sunrises than most sleepy heads. If they only
knew what they were missing. A sunrise pic is no where near as
good as being out to see in realtime.

Just this morning....drove by the post office to mail some bills,
stopped by the nearby grocery store for a few things, then
stopped by a convenience store on the way home. I was home by
7:30am and didn't need to leave again unless I wanted too.
Unfortunately, had to be here for hours to get my old fridge
repaired. I hope he nailed it this time.

I suspect all these people problems with traffic and stores, etc
is only because people are lazy and don't go out early enough.
Not me.....dawn is the very best time of day for me. Dawn is when
you see and interact with all the good people that go to sleep at
normal times and wake up early to exercise or shop. The problem
people seem to stay up all night, then finally pass out by 4am
then sleep all day long. Worthless turds.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:02:22 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>I don't know. Maybe it's because I've always shopped early when
>stores first open and I avoid all the idiots of the other
>variety? Never encoutered any of this. I suspect they are mostly
>fake stories.
>
>Ever since age 17 I've always woken up or gotten up at around
>4am. Mainly for early morning surfing. These days, I love to shop
>as early as possible. Grocery stores no later than 7am. Walmart
>rules because they are open 24/7. Most other stores don't open
>until 9-10 so I rarely even bother with them. Pain in the ass to
>have to go to my bank that opens at 9. Lazy turds.
>
>Worst is the library. Opens at 10am so I rarely go there anymore.
>How lame is opening at 10am? Most days, I've gone to several
>places and finished all my driving and shopping by 8am.
>
>Even still some early morning surfing occasionally (and when
>sharks are feeding) or just a bike ride on the boardwalk. I
>probably see more sunrises than most sleepy heads. If they only
>knew what they were missing. A sunrise pic is no where near as
>good as being out to see in realtime.
>
>Just this morning....drove by the post office to mail some bills,
>stopped by the nearby grocery store for a few things, then
>stopped by a convenience store on the way home. I was home by
>7:30am and didn't need to leave again unless I wanted too.
>Unfortunately, had to be here for hours to get my old fridge
>repaired. I hope he nailed it this time.
>
>I suspect all these people problems with traffic and stores, etc
>is only because people are lazy and don't go out early enough.
>Not me.....dawn is the very best time of day for me. Dawn is when
>you see and interact with all the good people that go to sleep at
>normal times and wake up early to exercise or shop. The problem
>people seem to stay up all night, then finally pass out by 4am
>then sleep all day long. Worthless turds.

I get up between 3 and 5, but I'm never in a supermarket before 11. So
I'm there with the crowd, the senior citizens, the children etc. But I
never have a problem. Maybe I am the problem.

I don't think it has anything to do with laziness, though. So you get
up early. You probably also go to bed early. Somebody else goes to bed
3 hours later than you and gets up 3 hours later. So?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 4:02:55 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Pain in the ass to
> have to go to my bank that opens at 9. Lazy turds.

I don't see the inside of a bank but once a year, at most. That's why they
make ATMs. So I can bank at MY convenience.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/12/2019 4:02 PM, Gary wrote:

> I suspect all these people problems with traffic and stores, etc
> is only because people are lazy and don't go out early enough.
> Not me.....dawn is the very best time of day for me. Dawn is when
> you see and interact with all the good people that go to sleep at
> normal times and wake up early to exercise or shop. The problem
> people seem to stay up all night, then finally pass out by 4am
> then sleep all day long. Worthless turds.

I was up at 5:30 this morning. Went to the bathroom and back to bed for
another couple of hours.

For work I got up at 5:30 but the past two years I've just followed my
natural rhythm, go to bed when tired, get up when I'm rested. For me,
that is midnight to 8 AM. No need for an alarm clock.

Sure, going to the store early is better to avoid people, but I'm not in
a rush these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 1:35:48 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > All yoose men and womens are full of it... People pushing
> > shopping carts into your ankles, blocking aisles while paying no
> > attention to others, standing at the checkout picking out pennies
> > or using bad debit cards or expired credit cards, turban wearing
> > mid-eastern fellows chasing you with a broom...and on and on.
> >
> > If any of those silly stories are true, yoose need to move to my
> > area and shop early. I have honestly NEVER encountered any of
> > these silly situations. Never! WTF?
> >

> You need to get out more, too.
>
> I've not encountered turban wearing broom pushers but I have encountered
> people who hold up lines while fishing for pens, checkbooks, and credit/
> debit cards. I've been in line behind people who pull out credit card
> after credit card because the previous one is maxed out. Also I've been
> trapped behind 'dreamers' who aren't paying attention that they're next
> to be rung up and are busy scanning magazines while their cart is full.

My local Target is frequented by college students/staff and the slowest are those that are presenting tax - free letters/documentation to the cashiers....the wait can be interminable...

Also I used to go to a Walgreen's that had a WIC clientele, that was slow going, too, as the WIC customers had to present their tax - free documentation...

> Not a week passes by that someone has left their cart in the middle of the
> aisle while they wandered all the way back to the end of the aisle looking
> for something. Then there is the handicap cart that is sitting dead in
> the middle of the aisle or constantly needs to back up. Beep-beep-beep-
> beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.

The college students in the afore - mentioned Target are clueless (as per your description), I really wonder how they will survive in life without being *somewhat* aware of their surroundings...some is being on phones, but the majority is just being "duh" in Awarenessville...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-04-12 9:21 a.m., Gary wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> > >

> > <stuff about waiting in line>
> >
> > Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
> > shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
> > it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
> > people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
> > Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.
> >

> If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They
> tend to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit
> card in hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything
> through they hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and
> watch their stuff being checked out and then when the total is
> announced they open open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for
> the card...

Bullshit
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-12 4:03 p.m., Gary wrote:

> I don't use facebook at all, ever. I've never even been tempted
> to apply for RFC facebook. Many seem to be old usenet RFC wimps
> that couldn't take the world crap and just ran to the moderated
> group. I doubt a moderator there would even accept me. I don't
> care. I have never liked censorship in any form and many there
> sound like cry-babies that just ran to a "safe" group. That's ok
> though...each to their own.

It is a balancing act for people who use social media. Both the kayak
club and the art festival that I am involved with use social media as a
form of advertising, along with a web site and other forms of
advertising. The art festival did a survey of those who attended and a
lot of them heard about it on FaceBook. Unfortunately, you have to have
some control over comments because, just like this forum, there are some
who post here just to be a pain in the ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 2:03:41 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> Get outta here with all that. I've done all the shopping for over
> 30 years. Never encountered anything like that. I'm serious too,
> Joan.

You have lead a v.e.r.y sheltered life is all I can say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 19:17:45 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-04-12 4:03 p.m., Gary wrote:
>
>> I don't use facebook at all, ever. I've never even been tempted
>> to apply for RFC facebook. Many seem to be old usenet RFC wimps
>> that couldn't take the world crap and just ran to the moderated
>> group. I doubt a moderator there would even accept me. I don't
>> care. I have never liked censorship in any form and many there
>> sound like cry-babies that just ran to a "safe" group. That's ok
>> though...each to their own.

>It is a balancing act for people who use social media. Both the kayak
>club and the art festival that I am involved with use social media as a
>form of advertising, along with a web site and other forms of
>advertising. The art festival did a survey of those who attended and a
>lot of them heard about it on FaceBook. Unfortunately, you have to have
>some control over comments because, just like this forum, there are some
>who post here just to be a pain in the ass.

And some here post like petty, whiney, repetitive old washerwomen.
(With all do respect to old washerwomen, Lucretia.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 16:20:04 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 2:03:41 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>>
>> Get outta here with all that. I've done all the shopping for over
>> 30 years. Never encountered anything like that. I'm serious too,
>> Joan.
>>

>You have lead a v.e.r.y sheltered life is all I can say.

Maybe we live in better neighbourhoods
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, April 12, 2019 at 3:02:55 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> I don't know. Maybe it's because I've always shopped early when
> stores first open and I avoid all the idiots of the other
> variety? Never encoutered any of this. I suspect they are mostly
> fake stories.

If you've never encountered it just may be because you do shop at the crack
of dawn. But that doesn't mean these scenarios never occur and thus make
them fake. I don't shop when the chickens get up so yes, I do see these
situations pretty much weekly.

> Pain in the ass to
> have to go to my bank that opens at 9. Lazy turds.

I go to the bank perhaps twice a year so them opening after sunrise doesn't
bother me at all.

> I suspect all these people problems with traffic and stores, etc
> is only because people are lazy and don't go out early enough.

Did you ever stop to think the reason people are out shopping after 9:00 a.m.
is because a LOT of stores don't open until that hour or even later? Many
clerks in these late opening stores that you have a problem with are only
part-time help with short hours. That means the owners of those late open-
ing stores don't have to pay health insurance or other benefits.

On Topic post about Off Topic Posts (that no one responded to inanother thread) Tommy Joe General Cooking 40 24-09-2012 03:07 AM
Off Topic/On Topic: Disgusting - Monkey Meat Recipe Dee.Dee General Cooking 7 18-11-2007 06:11 PM
TGY Quandary Salsero Tea 4 23-06-2007 01:48 PM
Knife quandary zippoman Cooking Equipment 14 15-12-2003 06:30 PM
Pinot Noir Quandary Dick R. Wine 29 05-11-2003 11:54 PM