Old 12-04-2019, 01:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.

This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
had a phishing scam on it.

Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
account?

Old 12-04-2019, 01:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

[...]

I don't know how to help you. But, my Nextdoor already knows me
because they verify that you are who you say you are by asking your
neighbors for confirmation. Can you get in far enough to search for
'Home.' to relay your problem.

This is national headquarters, there is a link at the bottom to 'help'
I don't know if that will solve your problem.
HTH
Old 12-04-2019, 02:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 7:54:49 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

I don't know how to help you. But, my Nextdoor already knows me
because they verify that you are who you say you are by asking your
neighbors for confirmation. Can you get in far enough to search for
'Home.' to relay your problem.

This is national headquarters, there is a link at the bottom to 'help'
I don't know if that will solve your problem.
HTH

I've been in communication with the support team for the site and they're
saying I've GOT to give and publish my first and last name on the site
before I can access it again. It didn't seem to be an issue when I joined
a few months ago.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like your site admin sucks, get OUT of there...

Old 12-04-2019, 04:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 9:00:46 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'd just let it go. We had that in our neighborhood but I did not find
it useful enough to bother with it. Maybe you live in a better
neighborhood though, ours was boring.

I think I will. If I decide later that I want to get back on the site I can
just sign up again.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message

[...]

I tried that and quit after a few weeks. Some guy kept emailing me and
telling me that my dog was pooping in his yard. I had no yard. I saw nothing
useful there. It was hard to log into. We have local FB groups that are much
better.

Old 12-04-2019, 11:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

If you have any doubts it's a good thing not to
Old 12-04-2019, 01:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.

Nextdoor ASSHOLES kicked me OFF!

**** 'EM!!

"People SUCK!"

I'm gonna have to start WRITING THE BOOK AGAIN! I wrote an Intro when I lived down in Tholozan 2004-5ish, when I decided the book would be a gut-punch Self Help book, talking about all the places and ways that People SUCK!

And WE DO!! Each and every LAST ONE OF US!! Everywhere! Not ALL the time, but MUCH of the time!! Like in grocery stores, when forming queues, etc. Like the time I was on my bicycle going to a bank's ATM and there was a car occupying BOTH available, so I stood on my bicycle waiting for either car to be finished, and SOME BITCH in a FIRE BREATHING FARTMOBILE pulls in behind ONE of the cars!! DUH!!! So I walked my bicycle over to her and explained I was IN LINE, so she gets all flustered, backs up her car AND PULLS BEHIND THE OTHER CAR!!!

I could not believe it! You CAN'T cure STUPID!!

Guess which car occupying the two ATMs left first!! ;-)

And I gently rode my bicycle up to that ATM and THE BITCH was still waiting behind the OTHER CAR OCCUPYING THE ATM!!!!

Life LESSON, STUPID BITCH!! :-(

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and SMARTER THAN MOST OTHER HUMANS!!
Old 12-04-2019, 02:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

stuff about waiting in line

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

Old 12-04-2019, 02:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-04-12 9:21 a.m., Gary wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

stuff about waiting in line

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They tend
to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit card in
hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything through they
hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and watch their
stuff being checked out and then when the total is announced they open
open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for the card...

Old 12-04-2019, 03:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:21:15 -0400, Gary wrote:

John Kuthe wrote:

stuff about waiting in line

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

I think you're spot on, law of averages failing
Old 12-04-2019, 03:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/12/2019 9:21 AM, Gary wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

stuff about waiting in line

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

Senior citizens should either pay cash or have to take a credit card use
test. A woman ahead of ut had a difficult time. First she swiped the
car on one side, then the other. Then she cleaned it and swiped again.
Gave up and took out another card. She could not find the chip so the
cashier showed her, but then she could not find th slot to insert it.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:42:34 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2019-04-12 9:21 a.m., Gary wrote:
John Kuthe wrote:

stuff about waiting in line

Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

If there are lines I go to the one with the most men in it. They tend
to have fewer items and they usually have their cash or debit card in
hand so that as soon as the cashier had rung everything through they
hand over the payment. Old women, OTOH, stand there and watch their
stuff being checked out and then when the total is announced they open
open up the purse, look for the wallet, look for the card...

Smiths usual misogynistic shit !

On Topic post about Off Topic Posts (that no one responded to inanother thread) Tommy Joe General Cooking 40 24-09-2012 03:07 AM
Off Topic/On Topic: Disgusting - Monkey Meat Recipe Dee.Dee General Cooking 7 18-11-2007 06:11 PM
TGY Quandary Salsero Tea 4 23-06-2007 01:48 PM
Knife quandary zippoman Cooking Equipment 14 15-12-2003 06:30 PM
Pinot Noir Quandary Dick R. Wine 29 05-11-2003 11:54 PM