Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

On 4/12/2019 9:21 AM, Gary wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>>

> <stuff about waiting in line>
>
> Fact of life, John. Say in a grocery store. Go stand in the
> shortest one person checkout line and it almost never fails that
> it will be the slowest one of all. By time you get checked out, 4
> people in the longer line have paid and left way sooner. It's a
> Mr.Murphy thing, I suppose. Mr.Murphy knows everything.

Senior citizens should either pay cash or have to take a credit card use
test. A woman ahead of ut had a difficult time. First she swiped the
car on one side, then the other. Then she cleaned it and swiped again.
Gave up and took out another card. She could not find the chip so the
cashier showed her, but then she could not find th slot to insert it.