Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Off topic for sure, but I have a small quandary

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 17:39:29 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the site "Nextdoor" but it's a
>site for specific neighborhoods in your area. You can post helpful infor-
>mation, items for sale, upcoming meetings, etc.
>
>This past week-end someone posted a bogus for sale item that required signing
>into the site again. It was a posting hopefully to steal a posters information
>but it only succeeded in locking me out of the site. When I signed up for the
>site several months ago I used "ItsJoanNotJoAnn" as my sign-on name but now
>since this phishing post they are demanding to unlock my account I m.u.s.t
>give the administrator my full first and last name. I am NOT comfortable in
>using my real, honest-to-goodness name on any social site even though they
>claim it is completely secure. Yeah, right. It's so secure they've already
>had a phishing scam on it.
>
>Anyway, my quandary is do I fork over my real name or tell them to delete my
>account?

I don't know how to help you. But, my Nextdoor already knows me
because they verify that you are who you say you are by asking your
neighbors for confirmation. Can you get in far enough to search for
'Home.' to relay your problem.

This is national headquarters, there is a link at the bottom to 'help'
I don't know if that will solve your problem.
HTH