Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Off Topic/On Topic: Disgusting - Monkey Meat Recipe

I was reading an article regarding the monkey attacks in India,
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...ow_article= 1
where the deputy mayor of Delhi died when he fell from his balcony after
being attacked by monkeys.

Which brought me to wondering if these monkeys could be used eating. But I
guess they are considered sacred in India, monkey god symbolizing strength.
(Yes, I did know that India is Hindu, but is it only the chimp that has
98+/- percent our dna, maybe other monkeys do not :-))

I see that it is a different story he

http://www.congocookbook.com/other_recipes/monkey.html
Recipe: Monkey
Monkey bushmeat is commonly consumed in tropical Africa. Monkey meat is
prepared fresh in rural areas. It is also smoked to preserve it and allow it
to be sent to market in the cities. A common sight along rural roads is
smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying handles.
Fresh monkey meat is often cooked in a Tomato Sauce made from tomatoes,
chile peppers, and onions. Smoked monkey meat can be prepared in a
Tomato-Peanut sauce: Soak the smoked meat in water, then rinse and drain it.
Fry tomatoes, onions, chile pepper, in hot palm oil. Add tomato paste and
the monkey meat. Simmer until all is tender. Season with salt and pepper.

Whimsically, or squirrel-ly,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 1:44�pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:59:30 -0500, Dee.Dee wrote:
> > A common sight along rural roads is
> > smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying handles.

> They really need to give up these superstitions and eat more
> beef.
>
> -sw

I have eaten Monkey, and to make it even better, it was cooked in the
microwave!!
It was stringy and dark meat and not tasty at all.

But I loved the fact that it was cooked in the microwave.

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dee.Dee" > wrote in message
>I was reading an article regarding the monkey attacks in India,
> http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...ow_article= 1
> where the deputy mayor of Delhi died when he fell from his balcony after
> being attacked by monkeys.
>
> Which brought me to wondering if these monkeys could be used eating. But
> I guess they are considered sacred in India, monkey god symbolizing
> strength. (Yes, I did know that India is Hindu, but is it only the chimp
> that has 98+/- percent our dna, maybe other monkeys do not :-))

> I see that it is a different story he
>
> http://www.congocookbook.com/other_recipes/monkey.html
> Recipe: Monkey
> Monkey bushmeat is commonly consumed in tropical Africa. Monkey meat is
> prepared fresh in rural areas. It is also smoked to preserve it and allow
> it to be sent to market in the cities. A common sight along rural roads is
> smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying
> handles.

Bushmeat is a major vector of zoonotic diseases, especially when humans
come in contact with brain, spinal tissue, and blood during the butchering
process.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...es/bushmeat_2/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in566325.shtml
The eating of bushmeat needs to be stopped,

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
On Nov 17, 1:44?pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:59:30 -0500, Dee.Dee wrote:
> > A common sight along rural roads is
> > smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying
> > handles.

> They really need to give up these superstitions and eat more
> beef.
>
> -sw

I have eaten Monkey, and to make it even better, it was cooked in the
microwave!!
It was stringy and dark meat and not tasty at all.

But I loved the fact that it was cooked in the microwave.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
On Nov 17, 1:44?pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:59:30 -0500, Dee.Dee wrote:
> > A common sight along rural roads is
> > smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying
> > handles.

> They really need to give up these superstitions and eat more
> beef.
>
> -sw

I have eaten Monkey, and to make it even better, it was cooked in the
microwave!!
It was stringy and dark meat and not tasty at all.

But I loved the fact that it was cooked in the microwave.

Rosie

Rosie, you've got my curiousity peeked. You mentioned 'microwave' twice.
Please explain. My visual is working overtime on this. :-))

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 17, 9:45�pm, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "rosie" > wrote in message

> On Nov 17, 1:44?pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:59:30 -0500, Dee.Dee wrote:
> > > A common sight along rural roads is
> > > smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying
> > > handles.

> > They really need to give up these superstitions and eat more
> > beef.

> > -sw

> I have eaten Monkey, and to make it even better, it was cooked in the
> microwave!!
> It was stringy and dark meat and not tasty at all.
>
> But I loved the fact that it was cooked in the microwave.
>
> Rosie
>
> Rosie, you've got my curiousity peeked. �You mentioned 'microwave' twice.
> Please explain. �My visual is working overtime on this. :-))
>
> Dee Dee

You got it, it was the microwaving that made me try it. It was just
too wierd.

Was living in Panama, went to an abbreviated Jungle Survival training
School, it was not really much, bt they did serve us some Microwaved
monkey meat, and alligator, or maybe it was caiman, do not remember..
also iguana. Any way the point was you could eat the monkeys if
needed... of course no one would have a microwave with them if lost in
the bosque, but it was convienent to use it then.

Iguana is pretty good... tastes like chicken..

Rosie
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"rosie" > wrote in message
On Nov 17, 9:45?pm, "Dee.Dee" > wrote:
> "rosie" > wrote in message

> On Nov 17, 1:44?pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:59:30 -0500, Dee.Dee wrote:
> > > A common sight along rural roads is
> > > smoked whole monkeys for sale, tales tied to heads to make carrying
> > > handles.

> > They really need to give up these superstitions and eat more
> > beef.

> > -sw

> I have eaten Monkey, and to make it even better, it was cooked in the
> microwave!!
> It was stringy and dark meat and not tasty at all.
>
> But I loved the fact that it was cooked in the microwave.
>
> Rosie
>
> Rosie, you've got my curiousity peeked. ?You mentioned 'microwave' twice.
> Please explain. ?My visual is working overtime on this. :-))
>
> Dee Dee

You got it, it was the microwaving that made me try it. It was just
too wierd.

Was living in Panama, went to an abbreviated Jungle Survival training
School, it was not really much, bt they did serve us some Microwaved
monkey meat, and alligator, or maybe it was caiman, do not remember..
also iguana. Any way the point was you could eat the monkeys if
needed... of course no one would have a microwave with them if lost in
the bosque, but it was convienent to use it then.

Iguana is pretty good... tastes like chicken..

Rosie

They will have microwaves in the jungle for a recently caught monkeys. Ok,
I get it!

I could eat alligator and iguana -- monkeys, no! If I had to eat monkey,
I'd want the white meat if there were any. ;-))

I'm glad you had this experience. The most exotic I've ever had is roast
goat, and that really is not that exotic. (Quite good!)

Dee Dee