Old 10-01-2019, 12:12 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
is true btw

MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em. Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
the seeds. (:

I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar. Not all
of them are great. Some are quite bitter.

I like them from the olive bar but had to quit buying them. I got sick every
time I ate them. I don't know why. They could be fattier than the canned.
They never tasted spoiled. Some are bitter but I like bitter.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never ate
there and never bought the mix. I did come close to buying the mix once when
I found it on clearance once but opted not because those are one thing I can
make with my eyes closed.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

Huh. Ours has always had them.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Correction: ( Soup for dinner)

"Bruce" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?" "Hush
puppies or cole slaw?"

*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

Now you've got us wondering if there's an h or a k missing in that
word.

I know I was!

Old 10-01-2019, 02:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.

No biscuits when I wored there.

Yes, I know - you had rolls.

-sw

Old 10-01-2019, 02:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:52:30 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

yawn Yes, I've heard this at least 6 time before. Which is why I
said *again*.

-sw
Old 10-01-2019, 02:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never ate
there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

Can you at least TRY and lie better when you try and contradict
others, while not contradicting yourself?

-sw
Old 10-01-2019, 02:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

-sw
Old 10-01-2019, 03:33 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Be sure to cover the gardener's eyes!

Old 10-01-2019, 10:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and
they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but... That's
not my call.

Old 10-01-2019, 10:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
ate
there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them. I've never eaten there
as I don't like seafood and I don't want to go into a seafood restaurant. I
have been into seafood places before and the smell is offputting to me.

Can you at least TRY and lie better when you try and contradict
others, while not contradicting yourself?

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:53:35 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
[...]

From the pics I've seen, she had no rolls. She's rather thin.

lol, rolls would also have been in the way during the woring.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate,
tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
That's not my call.

Yoose need to consult Dr. Popeye. He'll figure out what's wrong with
yoose gardener and prescribe the correct remedy.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

"Sqwertz" wrote in message
On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount¬* that he ate,
tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues?¬* I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
That's not my call.

Right. First he will talk things he can't or won't eat. In a couple
months months it will be a different list and he will deny that he ever
had problems with the other things.