Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Soup for dinner

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 21:26:24 -0000 (UTC), Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> > On Fri 11 Jan 2019 10:02:46a, U.S. Janet B. told us...
> >
> >> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 23:55:07 -0600, Sqwertz

> >> I didn't plate. Hungry husband hanging over shoulder.
> >> https://s1171.photobucket.com/user/g...Biscuits%203_z
> >> psgkfo4c3m.jpg.html Janet US
> >>

> > Those look delicious!
> >
> > I make scratch biscuits using White Lily flour, adding sharp
> > cheddar cheese, a modest amont of granulated garlic, and a twist or
> > two of freshly groud black pepper. I scoop up some dough, then dip
> > in melted butter and bake on parchment paper.

> I hadn't thought of dipping dough. I bet that makes the biscuits
> golden. I like the black pepper idea.
> Janet US

Might like this?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05

Title: Xxcarol's Brie, Pepper, Onion soda bread
Categories: Breads, Xxcarol
Yield: 6 Servings

2 c Flour, white all purpose
1 ts Salt
1/3 c Butter
1 c Slivered brie (or small bits
1/2 c Fine chopped onion
1 tb Black pepper
2/3 c Milk
1 tb Baking soda

Start with all the dry ingredients and mix them well in a large bowl.
Now add the butter (softened but not melted) and chop that into the
mix as well as you reasonably can. Add the remaining ingredients and
mix to a dough. Using a preheated oven (always preheat when making
bread or fish!) bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.

You can actually use any cheese I can think of for this (if using
cottage cheese, add a bit more flour if it seems to 'wet') and you
may want to vary the spice used to match the cheese type. The onions
are optional.

From the kitchen of: xxcarol From: Date: 06-26-97
Cooking

MMMMM