Old 08-01-2019, 08:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

Old 08-01-2019, 10:23 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

That all sounds really really good Julie.

Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Doris
Old 08-01-2019, 10:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Sounds tasty!

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

That all sounds really really good Julie.

Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Doris

I don't care much for olives, either. Black or green, doesn't matter.

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Jill
Old 09-01-2019, 12:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
is true btw

MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em. Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
the seeds. (:

jay

Old 09-01-2019, 12:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
is true btw

MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em.* Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
the seeds. (:

I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar. Not
all of them are great. Some are quite bitter.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw
Old 09-01-2019, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

Jill
Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?" "Hush
puppies or cole slaw?" Apple sauce was an alternative. They didn't
serve cheddar biscuits when I worked there.

I've made drop biscuits at home with cheddar but I don't add onion or
garlic. Okay with you?

Jill
Old 09-01-2019, 07:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Correction: ( Soup for dinner)

On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

Cheese biscuits are good.* I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added.* I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits.* I often buy their dry biscuit mix.* I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?"* "Hush
puppies or cole slaw?"

*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

Jill

Old 09-01-2019, 07:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits.* I often buy their dry biscuit mix.* I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw

When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?"* "Hush
puppies or cole slaw?"

*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

Now you've got us wondering if there's an h or a k missing in that
word.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
is true btw

MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em.* Never had a bad one. I try not to
eat the seeds. (:

I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar.* Not
all of them are great.* Some are quite bitter.

Canned are bottom of list for sure but work on pizza. I like bitter
ones also and other bitter things. We all differ thank goodness.

jay
Old 10-01-2019, 01:06 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish
and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

That all sounds really really good Julie.

Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Some people don't. I like pretty much all of them except the ones stuffed
with blue cheese or jalapenos.

Old 10-01-2019, 01:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.