Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Soup for dinner

I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
hits the spot on this cold evening.

Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.

And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
>Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
>Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
>leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
>hits the spot on this cold evening.
>
>Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
>cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.
>
>And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
>garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

That all sounds really really good Julie.

Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/2019 4:23 PM, Doris Night wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
>> Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
>> Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
>> leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish and
>> hits the spot on this cold evening.

Sounds tasty!

>> Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
>> cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.
>>
>> And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
>> garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

> That all sounds really really good Julie.
>
> Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.
>
> Doris

I don't care much for olives, either. Black or green, doesn't matter.

Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
though.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:

> I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
> is true btw

MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em. Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
the seeds. (:

jay

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
> On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
>> is true btw
>>

> MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em.Â* Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
> the seeds. (:

I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar. Not
all of them are great. Some are quite bitter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
> though.

Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
better.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>> though.

> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
> better.
>
> -sw

LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>> though.

> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
> better.
>
> -sw

When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?" "Hush
puppies or cole slaw?" Apple sauce was an alternative. They didn't
serve cheddar biscuits when I worked there.

I've made drop biscuits at home with cheddar but I don't add onion or
garlic. Okay with you?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Correction: ( Soup for dinner)

On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese biscuits are good.Â* I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added.Â* I don't add onion or garlic,
>>> though.

>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>> biscuits.Â* I often buy their dry biscuit mix.Â* I know I could just
>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>> better.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
> had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?"Â* "Hush
> puppies or cole slaw?"

*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>> biscuits.* I often buy their dry biscuit mix.* I know I could just
>>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>> better.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
>> had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?"* "Hush
>> puppies or cole slaw?"

>*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

Now you've got us wondering if there's an h or a k missing in that
word.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/8/19 4:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
>> On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
>>> is true btw
>>>

>> MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em.Â* Never had a bad one. I try not to
>> eat the seeds. (:
>>

> I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar.Â* Not
> all of them are great.Â* Some are quite bitter.

Canned are bottom of list for sure but work on pizza. I like bitter
ones also and other bitter things. We all differ thank goodness.

jay
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in it.
>>Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
>>Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans, celery
>>leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish
>>and
>>hits the spot on this cold evening.
>>
>>Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, Swiss
>>cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.
>>
>>And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
>>garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

> That all sounds really really good Julie.
>
> Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.

Some people don't. I like pretty much all of them except the ones stuffed
with blue cheese or jalapenos.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/8/2019 4:23 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I made pot roast for dinner the other day. Had carrots and potatoes in
>>> it.
>>> Had a little left. Mainly the veggies. Chopped it all up and made soup.
>>> Added beef broth, tomato sauce, peas, green beans, small red beans,
>>> celery
>>> leaves, onion and shallots, a bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Delish
>>> and
>>> hits the spot on this cold evening.
>>>

> Sounds tasty!
>
>>> Also made a really good salad. Romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery,
>>> Swiss
>>> cheese, Craisins, black olives and sliced almonds.
>>>
>>> And made some cheese biscuits (drop) with sharp cheddar, onion, a little
>>> garlic and parsley. Drizzled with melted parsley butter after baking.

>> That all sounds really really good Julie.
>>
>> Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.
>>
>> Doris
>>

> I don't care much for olives, either. Black or green, doesn't matter.
>
> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
> though.

I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and they
really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"tert in seattle" > wrote in message
> writes:
>>On 1/8/2019 4:23 PM, Doris Night wrote:
>>> On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 23:36:42 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>Sounds tasty!

>>> That all sounds really really good Julie.
>>>
>>> Well, except for the olives. I don't care much for olives.
>>>
>>> Doris
>>>

>>I don't care much for olives, either. Black or green, doesn't matter.
>>
>>Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>>though.
>>
>>Jill

> I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
> is true btw

I know someone with a T Shirt that says, "Black Olives Matter".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-01-08 6:37 p.m., jay wrote:
>> On 1/8/19 4:04 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>>
>>> I don't know about anyone else but I enjoy saying "I love olives" which
>>> is true btw
>>>

>> MEE TOO! I love 'em, all of 'em. Never had a bad one. I try not to eat
>> the seeds. (:
>>

> I don't like canned olives. I always get mine from an olive bar. Not all
> of them are great. Some are quite bitter.

I like them from the olive bar but had to quit buying them. I got sick every
time I ate them. I don't know why. They could be fattier than the canned.
They never tasted spoiled. Some are bitter but I like bitter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>> though.

> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
> better.

People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never ate
there and never bought the mix. I did come close to buying the mix once when
I found it on clearance once but opted not because those are one thing I can
make with my eyes closed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>>> though.

>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>> better.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

Huh. Ours has always had them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
>>> had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?" "Hush
>>> puppies or cole slaw?"

>>*Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>>tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>>puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

> Now you've got us wondering if there's an h or a k missing in that
> word.

I know I was!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/9/2019 1:05 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>> biscuits.* I often buy their dry biscuit mix.* I know I could just
>>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>> better.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>> When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
>> had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?"* "Hush
>> puppies or cole slaw?"

> *Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
> tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
> puppies or apple sauce.

Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.

> No biscuits when I wored there.

Yes, I know - you had rolls.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 12:52:30 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

> On 1/9/2019 12:40 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>>> though.

>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>> better.
>>

> LOL when I worked at Red Lobster they didn't have biscuits.

<yawn> Yes, I've heard this at least 6 time before. Which is why I
said *again*.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>>> though.

>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>> better.

> People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never ate
> there and never bought the mix.

Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
at Red Lobster.

Can you at least TRY and lie better when you try and contradict
others, while not contradicting yourself?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and they
> really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
> that he likes them more than what I usually make.

Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?

Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> *Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>>> tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>>> puppies or apple sauce. No biscuits when I wored there.

>> Now you've got us wondering if there's an h or a k missing in that
>> word.

> I know I was!

Be sure to cover the gardener's eyes!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and
>> they
>> really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
>> that he likes them more than what I usually make.

> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>
> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but... That's
not my call.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>> biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>>> buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>> better.

>> People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
>> ate
>> there and never bought the mix.

> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
> at Red Lobster.

At the one here, yes. People have told me about them. I've never eaten there
as I don't like seafood and I don't want to go into a seafood restaurant. I
have been into seafood places before and the smell is offputting to me.

> Can you at least TRY and lie better when you try and contradict
> others, while not contradicting yourself?

Where's the lie? There isn't one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

>>> When I was a server at Red Lobster circa 1980 the standard side dishes I
>>> had to recite were "Baked potato, french fries or rice [pilaf]?" "Hush
>>> puppies or cole slaw?"

>> *Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>> tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>> puppies or apple sauce.

> Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.
>
>> No biscuits when I wored there.

> Yes, I know - you had rolls.

From the pics I've seen, she had no rolls. She's rather thin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:53:35 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> *Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>>> tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>>> puppies or apple sauce.

>> Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.
>>
>>> No biscuits when I wored there.

>> Yes, I know - you had rolls.

>From the pics I've seen, she had no rolls. She's rather thin.

lol, rolls would also have been in the way during the woring.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
>>> and they
>>> really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate,
>>> tells me
>>> that he likes them more than what I usually make.

>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>
>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
> issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
> That's not my call.

Yoose need to consult Dr. Popeye. He'll figure out what's wrong with
yoose gardener and prescribe the correct remedy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors
>>> and they
>>> really did make them better than usual! The amountÂ* that he ate,
>>> tells me
>>> that he likes them more than what I usually make.

>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues?Â* I guess we can rite
>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>
>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is having
> issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac but...
> That's not my call.

Right. First he will talk things he can't or won't eat. In a couple
months months it will be a different list and he will deny that he ever
had problems with the other things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

>>> People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know.
>>> Never ate
>>> there and never bought the mix.

>> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
>> at Red Lobster.

> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them. I've never eaten
> there as I don't like seafood and I don't want to go into a seafood
> restaurant. I have been into seafood places before and the smell is
> offputting to me.

Again, yoose is probably allergic to seafood.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:40:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>> though.

>Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>better.
>
>-sw

I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
The texture is much better, better mouth feel.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-01-10 5:48 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>>
>>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

>> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
>> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it. He is
>> having issues that I am aware of that could indeed be signs of celiac
>> but... That's not my call.

> Right. First he will talk things he can't or won't eat. In a couple
> months months it will be a different list and he will deny that he ever
> had problems with the other things.

Gardener may be 'beavering' away for some other lady who is a better cook.

And he certainly knows a the dietary ailments to claim.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:53:35 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 13:38:07 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> *Salad* or cole slaw. They offered a small side salad with tiny
>>> tomatoes and various types of salad dressings. Then they offered hush
>>> puppies or apple sauce.

>> Applesauce at a seafood restaurant? That's so ... 70's.
>>
>>> No biscuits when I wored there.

>> Yes, I know - you had rolls.

> From the pics I've seen, she had no rolls. She's rather thin.

[slapping knee] There was a bug on it.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:48:28 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:08:41 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I don't usually add those either but my gardener likes bold flavors and
>>> they
>>> really did make them better than usual! The amount that he ate, tells me
>>> that he likes them more than what I usually make.

>> Yet you (and he) think he has gluten issues? I guess we can rite
>> off that theory permanently then, RIGHT?
>>
>> Are you getting even MORE ludicrous for 2019?

> I don't know what's going on there. Now he says he needs to eat "some"
> gluten. I can't pin him down as to what the real issue it.

It's called, "He's playing you".

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 14:50:11 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:14:32 -0800, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> People have told me mine are better than theirs. I wouldn't know. Never
>>> ate> there and never bought the mix.

>> Yet you just claimed they have ALWAYS had cheddar bay biscuits there
>> at Red Lobster.

> At the one here, yes. People have told me about them.

At what age were you when somebody first told you about the Cheddar
Bay Biscuits at Red Lobster?

That was another rhetorical question. Red Lobster did not have a
biscuit in any of their restaurants until 1992.

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
bullshit in typical Bove Style.

> Where's the lie? There isn't one.

I just showed it to you.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:49:19 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:40:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 16:37:56 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Cheese biscuits are good. I occasionally make drop biscuits with some
>>> finely grated sharp cheddar cheese added. I don't add onion or garlic,
>>> though.

>>Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>>buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>better.

> I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
> thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
> scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
> 'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
> The texture is much better, better mouth feel.

But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
and spices!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:50:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:49:19 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 11:40:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Then you should try working at Red Lubester again - AYCE cheddar
>>>biscuits. I often buy their dry biscuit mix. I know I could just
>>>buy Bisquick or a generic clone, but the biscuit mix is somehow
>>>better.

>> I just threw the rest of the box away. I picked it up at Costco and
>> thought it sounded good. Meh. I do better. Making the biscuits from
>> scratch and adding in real cheddar is much better. For the amount of
>> 'work' you have to do and the mixing bowl, I might as well do my own.
>> The texture is much better, better mouth feel.

>But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
>and spices!
>
>-sw

nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
craving.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 21:12:04 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 20:50:59 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>But didn't you at least keep those little packets of 11 secret herbs
>>and spices!
>>

> nah. they fell into the trash when I upended the box. I like my
> biscuits with cheddar and chopped Hatch chilies. I think I even put a
> pic of them on my PhotoBucket. Now, I have to make some, I've got a
> craving.

I thought for sure I had cheddar hatch biscuits. Does regular
biscuits with sausage and ripe hatch chile gravy work? With hash
browns ....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwert...n/photostream/

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking