Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Soup for dinner

https://www.redlobster.com/news-pres...r-bay-biscuits

> > > You just wanted to contradict somebody with your usual, unfounded
> > > bullshit in typical Bove Style.

> > > I just showed it to you.
> > >
> > > -sw

> > They had something else before them though. I used to eat there now
> > and again when in college. There was a bread, possibly a garlic
> > bread.
> >

> I do believe they had garlic bread. I haven't worked there since
> around 1980 or 81.
>
> Jill

I don't recall if it was in a toast type of form or a sort of biscuit
though. I DO recall something very like the RL sort from back in the
80's but they were at the 'Study Hall' (a bar in Clemson SC).

The Study Hall was a combination pizza/other stuff and a bar down
stairs. The students could put their parents minds at rest that the
son/daughter was at the 'study hall' (none the wiser).

You got one per person for free in the dining area and if food was
slow, they'd refill them. You could also order a doggie bag of them at
the bar for the road at something like 3/1$ at the Study Hall. (that
was a profit then for the size and ingredients but not a large one,
still you'd suck up a beer or so while waiting for them).