Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default U.S. government does it again

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 6:12:03 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

Sounds like a don't ask, don't tell, kind of situation. I'm more interested in a person's character, not their beliefs and their actions, not their words. It's a very practical approach!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 21:33:35 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 6:12:03 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>Sounds like a don't ask, don't tell, kind of situation. I'm more interested in a person's character, not their beliefs and their actions, not their words. It's a very practical approach!

Spare us your simpleton's religious theories then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/14/2018 5:12 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>>>
>>> In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.

>> I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any
>> kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each
>> other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.
>>

> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 7/14/2018 5:12 AM, graham wrote:

>>> I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any
>>> kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each
>>> other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.
>>>

>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>Yes.

That's how I respect Donald Trump.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:12:00 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 3:10:45 PM UTC-10, graham wrote:
>>>
>>> In respecting a person, one doesn't have to respect his/her beliefs.

>> I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.
>>

>Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

Correct

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 5:37:48 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
> > couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
> > the tiger in the brush) died early.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>
> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>
> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...

I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 6:58:03 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> >> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:46:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
>> are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.

>Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

Actually, it goes much more smoothly if you use words so that OTHERS
understand what you mean.

>I might be stupid but I'm not using the word incorrectly. OTOH, in my book "stupid" is an improvement over "****ing moron" so it looks like your opinion of me has brightened up considerably.

Humans are complex and can be described in many ways.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-14 12:12 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>

> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

Failure to abide by some of their beliefs can get people into trouble
sometimes. Sometimes those beliefs run counter to my beliefs. I find it
had to accept that I should be expected to respect the belief some hold
that their women must be covered head to toe and that should be beaten
for failure to do so, and that they can be killed to protect the
family's honour. Sorry, but I cant respect their right to hold religious
beliefs like that any more than I should be able to hold beliefs like
that privately.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:22:22 AM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:46:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
> >>
> >> Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
> >> are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.

> >Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

> Actually, it goes much more smoothly if you use words so that OTHERS
> understand what you mean.

Why should he start now? He's been using words like Humpty Dumpty
for years. I can't believe I'm doing this, because it will provoke
dsi1 to claim that there's no agreed-upon meaning for words, but I
just have to. Words are important.

Here's what he said:

I won't say that you're wrong in your nihilist view of existence because you could be absolutely right. I prefer not to face what might be the horrible truth. I also believe that you should never go into the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant. Same thing...

And here's the dictionary definition of nihilism:

the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.

There's no evidence that the person to whom he replied rejects all religious
and/or moral principles, nor that he/she believes life is meaningless.

Cindy Hamilton

P.S. Horrible truths must be faced. Anything else is cowardice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:10:40 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2018-07-14 12:12 AM, graham wrote:
>> On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>>

>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>Failure to abide by some of their beliefs can get people into trouble
>sometimes. Sometimes those beliefs run counter to my beliefs. I find it
>had to accept that I should be expected to respect the belief some hold
>that their women must be covered head to toe and that should be beaten
>for failure to do so, and that they can be killed to protect the
>family's honour. Sorry, but I cant respect their right to hold religious
>beliefs like that any more than I should be able to hold beliefs like
>that privately.

By and large those are not religious beliefs but rather extremes to
justify the acts committed. Nowhere does Islam support those beliefs
anymore than you could say Christianity supports all the men in Canada
who murdered their wives/SOs last year.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 11:16:53 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-07-14 10:17 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Failure to abide by some of their beliefs can get people into trouble
> >> sometimes. Sometimes those beliefs run counter to my beliefs. I find it
> >> had to accept that I should be expected to respect the belief some hold
> >> that their women must be covered head to toe and that should be beaten
> >> for failure to do so, and that they can be killed to protect the
> >> family's honour. Sorry, but I cant respect their right to hold religious
> >> beliefs like that any more than I should be able to hold beliefs like
> >> that privately.

> > Actually, those are cultural mores more than religious beliefs. The Koran
> > mandates modesty of dress and behavior for both men and women:

> True, but they use the religion to justify it.

Religion has been used to justify a wide variety of bad behavior, right
back to Moloch. It's the very fact that Christianity has, in the main,
calmed down that we notice extremism in the practice of Islam. Perhaps
Islam will get a chance to have a Reformation.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:44:32 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 6:58:03 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

>> >It is certainly the cause of a very, very large number of problems!
>> >
>> > but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless
>> >universe. I wonder if you can...
>> >>
>> >Yes, I have! Since entering my teens! It's comforting!

>> religion was the organization of and impetus for our advancement as a
>> species,

>You're not wrong. Religion is a way for people to exercise power over other
>people.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Look at it the other way, people look for a leader. from my limited
knowledge it seems that in earliest times the chosen one always had
some sort of mysticism surrounding him. Whatever. The leader was the
organization for learning how to make tools and weapons and then
expanding knowledge into other things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 7/14/2018 5:12 AM, graham wrote:

>>> I don't consider a person's religion or lack of religion to be any
>>> kind of problem. Conflict arises when people have no respect for each
>>> other's beliefs. Of course, that's merely my belief.
>>>

>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>Yes.

those are fine words. How do we show that respect when we don't
respect the beliefs?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-14 10:24 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister
> > wrote:

>>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>> Yes.

> those are fine words. How do we show that respect when we don't
> respect the beliefs?

It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
more than I can say about many xtians).
They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:55:56 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2018-07-14 10:24 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister
>> > wrote:

>>> Yes.

>> those are fine words. How do we show that respect when we don't
>> respect the beliefs?
>>

>It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
>Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
>nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
>never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
>more than I can say about many xtians).
>They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
>don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.

I have similar friends but of course, they would have to be like that,
if they enjoyed preaching, they wouldn't be my friends I also have
Muslim/Buddhist friends, same thing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:37:07 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>I prefer not to face what might be the horrible truth.
>I also believe that you should never go into the kitchen
>of your favorite Chinese restaurant. Same thing...

The same is true of all restaurant kitchens... most home kitchens as
well... I'm often shocked by how people handle food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 08:22:18 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:46:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>wrote:
>
>>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
>>>
>>> Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
>>> are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.

>>Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

>Actually, it goes much more smoothly if you use words so that OTHERS
>understand what you mean.
>>
>>I might be stupid but I'm not using the word incorrectly. OTOH, in my book "stupid" is an improvement over "****ing moron" so it looks like your opinion of me has brightened up considerably.

>Humans are complex and can be described in many ways.

In your case Chief Shit Stirrer is apt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:22:22 AM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:46:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:
>
> >On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 1:44:18 PM UTC-10, Boron Elgar wrote:
> >>
> >> Nihism includes the idea that life is meaningless/valueless, so you
> >> are either using the word incorrectly, or you're stupid, or both.

> >Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

> Actually, it goes much more smoothly if you use words so that OTHERS
> understand what you mean.
> >
> >I might be stupid but I'm not using the word incorrectly. OTOH, in my book "stupid" is an improvement over "****ing moron" so it looks like your opinion of me has brightened up considerably.

> Humans are complex and can be described in many ways.

I know what you mean. You like those easy to understand words like "stupid" and "****ing moron." I prefer not to go in that direction.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-14 11:56 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 11:16:53 AM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Actually, those are cultural mores more than religious beliefs. The Koran
>>> mandates modesty of dress and behavior for both men and women:

>> True, but they use the religion to justify it.

> Religion has been used to justify a wide variety of bad behavior, right
> back to Moloch. It's the very fact that Christianity has, in the main,
> calmed down that we notice extremism in the practice of Islam. Perhaps
> Islam will get a chance to have a Reformation.

The Reformation wasn't exactly the calming down of Christianity, which
was basically Catholicism at the time. Many of the Protestants were as
bad as or worse than the Catholic Church.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:42:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 5:37:48 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 9:18:07 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> >
>> > Our ability to see patterns is a gift from evolution. The ones who
>> > couldn't see patterns (everything from the turn of the seasons to
>> > the tiger in the brush) died early.
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>>
>> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>>
>> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...

>I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
>to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
>dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Whenever I meet a new person the best way to drive me away is by
attempting to engage me in a discussion about religion and god, any
religion and any god... those topics tell me immediately that those
people aren't worth knowing because it won't be too very long (within
minutes) before they attempt to convert me. I won't even speak to
anyone who displays religious medals/icons. I really don't want to
know anyone's religion... if they need to display their religion they
truly don't believe.
The first thing people of different belief systems do is compete and
attempt to convert... failing that they become violent... for me it's
best to permanently extricate myself from their presence before they
become violent as they surely will when they realize I won't comply.
I don't discuss religion or politicswith people I meet... different
political beliefs are exactly the same as different religious beliefs.
Different religious and political beliefs are the sole cause of all
warfare.
So long as religion and politics exist there can never be peace.
The easiest way to identify all the most ignorant people is to line up
all the religious and political leaders on the planet and to ensure a
chance of world peace, assasinate them. More people have died in the
name of religious and political differences than from disease. The
majority of humans haven't progressed one iota since the first
humanoids engaged in tribal warfare... often I feel they have
regressed to a much lower standard because modern weapory is far more
efficient than spears.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 3:28:37 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2018-07-14 11:56 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> True, but they use the religion to justify it.

> > Religion has been used to justify a wide variety of bad behavior, right
> > back to Moloch. It's the very fact that Christianity has, in the main,
> > calmed down that we notice extremism in the practice of Islam. Perhaps
> > Islam will get a chance to have a Reformation.
> >

> The Reformation wasn't exactly the calming down of Christianity, which
> was basically Catholicism at the time. Many of the Protestants were as
> bad as or worse than the Catholic Church.

But it paved the way for a more tolerant society.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:13:09 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 8:22:22 AM UTC-4, Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 18:46:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >Hey Einstein, I know what nihilism means. I prefer to use words that I understand. Life goes much smoother that way.

>> Actually, it goes much more smoothly if you use words so that OTHERS
>> understand what you mean.

>Why should he start now? He's been using words like Humpty Dumpty
>for years. I can't believe I'm doing this, because it will provoke
>dsi1 to claim that there's no agreed-upon meaning for words, but I
>just have to. Words are important.
>
>Here's what he said:
>
>I won't say that you're wrong in your nihilist view of existence because you could be absolutely right. I prefer not to face what might be the horrible truth. I also believe that you should never go into the kitchen of your favorite Chinese restaurant. Same thing...
>
>And here's the dictionary definition of nihilism:
>
>the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
>
>There's no evidence that the person to whom he replied rejects all religious
>and/or moral principles, nor that he/she believes life is meaningless.
>
>Cindy Hamilton
>
>P.S. Horrible truths must be faced. Anything else is cowardice.

Madame, I am your choir.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 12:40:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 3:28:37 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Religion has been used to justify a wide variety of bad behavior, right
>> > back to Moloch. It's the very fact that Christianity has, in the main,
>> > calmed down that we notice extremism in the practice of Islam. Perhaps
>> > Islam will get a chance to have a Reformation.
>> >

>> The Reformation wasn't exactly the calming down of Christianity, which
>> was basically Catholicism at the time. Many of the Protestants were as
>> bad as or worse than the Catholic Church.

>But it paved the way for a more tolerant society.

As religion becamse less important, society became more tolerant. It's
not thanks to religion that society became more tolerant, but in spite
of religion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-14 3:40 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 3:28:37 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:

>> The Reformation wasn't exactly the calming down of Christianity, which
>> was basically Catholicism at the time. Many of the Protestants were as
>> bad as or worse than the Catholic Church.

> But it paved the way for a more tolerant society.

It definitely told the Roman Catholic Church that it no longer had a
firm control over the people. A lot of Protestants are still stuck in
their fundamentalist views. The RC church has certainly lost its hold on
its own people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:42:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> As we all know, DNA has an important relationship to evolution. Without DNA, most life on this planet would be low-order plant life - if even that.
>>>
>>> The ability to ponder our place in the universe is not really important for the survival of a species. The vast majority of life on Earth give no thought to their mortality or to their future. Most animals have not considered religion nor have they rejected it. It is something not conceivable to them. Religion is the providence known only to man. Bitching about religion is like complaining that we're human.
>>>
>>> People think that religion is the cause of all our problems but if you want something truly terrifying, consider a Godless universe. I wonder if you can...

>> I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
>> to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
>> dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Whenever I meet a new person the best way to drive me away is by
> attempting to engage me in a discussion about religion and god, any
> religion and any god... those topics tell me immediately that those
> people aren't worth knowing because it won't be too very long (within
> minutes) before they attempt to convert me. I won't even speak to
> anyone who displays religious medals/icons. I really don't want to
> know anyone's religion... if they need to display their religion they
> truly don't believe.
> The first thing people of different belief systems do is compete and
> attempt to convert... failing that they become violent... for me it's
> best to permanently extricate myself from their presence before they
> become violent as they surely will when they realize I won't comply.
> I don't discuss religion or politicswith people I meet... different
> political beliefs are exactly the same as different religious beliefs.
> Different religious and political beliefs are the sole cause of all
> warfare.
> So long as religion and politics exist there can never be peace.
> The easiest way to identify all the most ignorant people is to line up
> all the religious and political leaders on the planet and to ensure a
> chance of world peace, assasinate them. More people have died in the
> name of religious and political differences than from disease. The
> majority of humans haven't progressed one iota since the first
> humanoids engaged in tribal warfare... often I feel they have
> regressed to a much lower standard because modern weapory is far more
> efficient than spears.

popeye, is all this the reason why yoose humped that nun in the vatican?

Yoose was trying to screw god out of her?

Did yoose let the pope watch?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 4:13:13 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> And here's the dictionary definition of nihilism:
>
> the rejection of all religious and moral principles, often in the belief that life is meaningless.
>
> There's no evidence that the person to whom he replied rejects all religious
> and/or moral principles, nor that he/she believes life is meaningless.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> P.S. Horrible truths must be faced. Anything else is cowardice.

My guess is that you're not as wonderful as you consider yourself to be, unless you consider talking about others on this group in the third person to be a brave deed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:39:40 -0300, wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 10:55:56 -0600, graham > wrote:
>
>>On 2018-07-14 10:24 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister

>>> those are fine words. How do we show that respect when we don't
>>> respect the beliefs?
>>>

>>It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
>>Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
>>nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
>>never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
>>more than I can say about many xtians).
>>They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
>>don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.

>I have similar friends but of course, they would have to be like that,
>if they enjoyed preaching, they wouldn't be my friends I also have
>Muslim/Buddhist friends, same thing.

of the millions of people on this globe with a religious faith of some
sort, most don't try to force that belief on anyone else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:27:07 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:39:40 -0300, wrote:

>>>It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
>>>Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
>>>nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
>>>never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
>>>more than I can say about many xtians).
>>>They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
>>>don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.

>>I have similar friends but of course, they would have to be like that,
>>if they enjoyed preaching, they wouldn't be my friends I also have
>>Muslim/Buddhist friends, same thing.

>of the millions of people on this globe with a religious faith of some
>sort, most don't try to force that belief on anyone else.

No, the few just make it mighty difficult for the many.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:11:06 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:42:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>>> I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
>>> to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
>>> dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Whenever I meet a new person the best way to drive me away is by
>> attempting to engage me in a discussion about religion and god, any
>> religion and any god... those topics tell me immediately that those
>> people aren't worth knowing because it won't be too very long (within
>> minutes) before they attempt to convert me. I won't even speak to
>> anyone who displays religious medals/icons. I really don't want to
>> know anyone's religion... if they need to display their religion they
>> truly don't believe.
>> The first thing people of different belief systems do is compete and
>> attempt to convert... failing that they become violent... for me it's
>> best to permanently extricate myself from their presence before they
>> become violent as they surely will when they realize I won't comply.
>> I don't discuss religion or politicswith people I meet... different
>> political beliefs are exactly the same as different religious beliefs.
>> Different religious and political beliefs are the sole cause of all
>> warfare.
>> So long as religion and politics exist there can never be peace.
>> The easiest way to identify all the most ignorant people is to line up
>> all the religious and political leaders on the planet and to ensure a
>> chance of world peace, assasinate them. More people have died in the
>> name of religious and political differences than from disease. The
>> majority of humans haven't progressed one iota since the first
>> humanoids engaged in tribal warfare... often I feel they have
>> regressed to a much lower standard because modern weapory is far more
>> efficient than spears.
>>

>popeye, is all this the reason why yoose humped that nun in the vatican?
>
>Yoose was trying to screw god out of her?
>
>Did yoose let the pope watch?

It was Easter Sunday. The Pope could have watched only the mentally
ill POS was much more interested in sexually molesting a ten year old
choir boy. It was just past my 18th birthday when I learned that
every Pope ever was a heinous sexual criminal. The cute little nun was
a year older than me and in no way was forced, in fact she was the
agressor. I can still recall the feel of her lovely firm bosoms and
her tight little bouncy butt... she smelled of incense and lubricius
vagina. I post this in hope she reads my account and contacts me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 1:42:49 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
> to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
> dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm not interested in the religious beliefs of the posters on this newsgroup. That's just being nosy. I'm interested in the bigger picture from a cultural, anthropological, sociological, and neurological point of view. How did religion come about? Is religion/belief in the supernatural, a universal human trait? Are our brains hardwired for this state of being? Is it possible for humans to live like animals, in a state that has no past or future? Can morality exist in a Godless universe? The last question is a philosophical one so scratch that out.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 15:11:06 -0500, Hank Rogers >

>>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 04:42:46 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton

>>> Whenever I meet a new person the best way to drive me away is by
>>> attempting to engage me in a discussion about religion and god, any
>>> religion and any god... those topics tell me immediately that those
>>> people aren't worth knowing because it won't be too very long (within
>>> minutes) before they attempt to convert me. I won't even speak to
>>> anyone who displays religious medals/icons. I really don't want to
>>> know anyone's religion... if they need to display their religion they
>>> truly don't believe.
>>> The first thing people of different belief systems do is compete and
>>> attempt to convert... failing that they become violent... for me it's
>>> best to permanently extricate myself from their presence before they
>>> become violent as they surely will when they realize I won't comply.
>>> I don't discuss religion or politicswith people I meet... different
>>> political beliefs are exactly the same as different religious beliefs.
>>> Different religious and political beliefs are the sole cause of all
>>> warfare.
>>> So long as religion and politics exist there can never be peace.
>>> The easiest way to identify all the most ignorant people is to line up
>>> all the religious and political leaders on the planet and to ensure a
>>> chance of world peace, assasinate them. More people have died in the
>>> name of religious and political differences than from disease. The
>>> majority of humans haven't progressed one iota since the first
>>> humanoids engaged in tribal warfare... often I feel they have
>>> regressed to a much lower standard because modern weapory is far more
>>> efficient than spears.
>>>

>> popeye, is all this the reason why yoose humped that nun in the vatican?
>>
>> Yoose was trying to screw god out of her?
>>
>> Did yoose let the pope watch?

> It was Easter Sunday. The Pope could have watched only the mentally
> ill POS was much more interested in sexually molesting a ten year old
> choir boy. It was just past my 18th birthday when I learned that
> every Pope ever was a heinous sexual criminal. The cute little nun was
> a year older than me and in no way was forced, in fact she was the
> agressor. I can still recall the feel of her lovely firm bosoms and
> her tight little bouncy butt... she smelled of incense and lubricius
> vagina. I post this in hope she reads my account and contacts me.

Oh, she will, popeye. Because yoose was the strongest man in the
universe. I know she had gignormous titties, but what confuses me ...

Why did yoose marry a woman with very tiny titties? Yoose posted dat
yoose wife wears a C cup. Dats tiny little tits popeye.

Yoose should have stowed dat horny young nun in yoose duffel bag, and
brought dat ho back as yoose wife.

Yoose a fine muhfuh Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 14:39:40 -0300, wrote:

>>> It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
>>> Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
>>> nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
>>> never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
>>> more than I can say about many xtians).
>>> They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
>>> don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.

>> I have similar friends but of course, they would have to be like that,
>> if they enjoyed preaching, they wouldn't be my friends I also have
>> Muslim/Buddhist friends, same thing.

> of the millions of people on this globe with a religious faith of some
> sort, most don't try to force that belief on anyone else.

I see you have never met a Jehovah's "witness" or a mormon "missionary".

Some day, they will be knocking on your door, offering salvation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> I have similar friends but of course, they would have to be like that,
>>> if they enjoyed preaching, they wouldn't be my friends I also have
>>> Muslim/Buddhist friends, same thing.

>> of the millions of people on this globe with a religious faith of some
>> sort, most don't try to force that belief on anyone else.

> No, the few just make it mighty difficult for the many.

There are more than a few! If you ever visit the buybull belt, you'll be
proselytized constantly.