Posted to rec.food.cooking
Graham Graham is offline

Default U.S. government does it again

On 2018-07-14 10:24 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:08:59 +0100, S Viemeister
> > wrote:

>>> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
>>> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

>> Yes.

> those are fine words. How do we show that respect when we don't
> respect the beliefs?

It depends on that person. I have dear friends who are deeply believing
Anglicans and are good people in every respect. Their beliefs are
nonsense. Similarly, another friend attends a fundamentalist church but
never talks about it and again, is a good person whom I trust (which is
more than I can say about many xtians).
They all have a fundamental right to hold those beliefs as long as they
don't try and force them on others - and these fine people don't.