Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default U.S. government does it again

On 2018-07-14 12:12 AM, graham wrote:
> On 2018-07-13 8:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>

> Let me put it another way. One can respect a person's right to hold
> religious beliefs. You don't have to respect (or admire) those beliefs.

Failure to abide by some of their beliefs can get people into trouble
sometimes. Sometimes those beliefs run counter to my beliefs. I find it
had to accept that I should be expected to respect the belief some hold
that their women must be covered head to toe and that should be beaten
for failure to do so, and that they can be killed to protect the
family's honour. Sorry, but I cant respect their right to hold religious
beliefs like that any more than I should be able to hold beliefs like
that privately.