Old 11-07-2018, 08:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default U.S. government does it again

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 3:36:16 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
and carrying a cross."
Sinclair Lewis.

"Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles."

George Jean Nathan

Old 11-07-2018, 09:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 1:04:11 PM UTC-10, wrote:

There is the old saw that those who do not remember their past, are
doomed to repeat it. I see a repeat of the times which ran up to WWII

---

"It can't happen here." Has there been any words that have ever been more untrue?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, July 9, 2018 at 10:25:50 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:

==

You mean the word is new? Even in my day little children called cats
'pussy' 'pussy cat' or 'pussies'

In the US, cats are pussies. It also means a person that lack courage in
some endeavour. However "pussy", in the home of the brave and the land of
the free, also refers to a woman's vagina. My guess is that it would have
the same weight and meaning as your word "fanny." Pussy was a word that most
females in the US didn't much care for. Mr. Trump has pretty much blown that
word waaay into the open.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMAo1T3OzA

==

Such a gentleman!

Old 11-07-2018, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 11:44:00 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
==

Such a gentleman!

Trump's supporters have completely missed that he has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old boy. The religious right is certainly aware that he treats women like pieces of meat but they're willing to sell out our their principles in hope of gaining some leverage in governmental power. Mostly, they will just lose credibility with a new new flock of young people.

Trump + Pence will be responsible for the jester-fication of Christianity in the US. It comes at a time when Christianity can ill afford any loss of credibility or relevancy. That's the breaks.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:47:50 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 11:44:00 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
==

Such a gentleman!

Trump's supporters have completely missed that he has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old boy. The religious right is certainly aware that he treats women like pieces of meat but they're willing to sell out our their principles in hope of gaining some leverage in governmental power. Mostly, they will just lose credibility with a new new flock of young people.

Trump + Pence will be responsible for the jester-fication of Christianity in the US. It comes at a time when Christianity can ill afford any loss of credibility or relevancy. That's the breaks.

Interesting American man talking on the radio yesterday. He said go
back, right back to the Pilgrim Fathers and therein lies the answer.
They were religious misfits who wanted total control of everyone and
were prepared to cross the ocean to get it. Toute ca change and all
that.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:53:51 -0300, wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jul 2018 08:14:24 +1000, Druce
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I don't know what "Toute ca change" means, but it ain't French.

plus a change make it any better? Both mean the same, 'nothing
changes'

Yes, that helps

Old 12-07-2018, 01:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

It's double Dutch:-)

Cheeky

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"
The more it changes the more it stays the same.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2018 4:47 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Trump + Pence will be responsible for the jester-fication of Christianity in the US. It comes at a time when Christianity can ill afford any loss of credibility or relevancy. That's the breaks.

Pence creeps me out. I would have made him nuts today. I spent some
time with one woman, left her, picked up another and went to visit a
third woman.

Pence won't be seen alone with a woman. He's probably a bigger pervert
than Trump.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 20:36:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/11/2018 4:47 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Trump + Pence will be responsible for the jester-fication of Christianity in the US. It comes at a time when Christianity can ill afford any loss of credibility or relevancy. That's the breaks.

Pence creeps me out. I would have made him nuts today. I spent some
time with one woman, left her, picked up another and went to visit a
third woman.

That's what I call a spending spree!
Old 12-07-2018, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2018-07-11 8:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 7/11/2018 4:47 PM, dsi1 wrote:

afford any loss of credibility or relevancy. That's the breaks.

Pence creeps me out.* I would have made him nuts today.* I spent some
time with one woman, left her, picked up another and went to visit a
third woman.

Pence won't be seen alone with a woman.* He's probably a bigger pervert
than Trump.

I always have my suspicions about the ultra religious who are into
celibacy. I consider sex to be a natural part of our lives, not
something dirty and perverse. Maybe if those people had a normal sex lie
they would not have to suppress their sexuality to the point that it
becomes a perversion.