Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default U.S. government does it again

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 1:42:49 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> I'm an atheist. It's all I can consider. Every bad thing that people do
> to each other is just people being people. We didn't come to be the
> dominant life form on the planet by sitting around sharing hugs and kisses.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'm not interested in the religious beliefs of the posters on this newsgroup. That's just being nosy. I'm interested in the bigger picture from a cultural, anthropological, sociological, and neurological point of view. How did religion come about? Is religion/belief in the supernatural, a universal human trait? Are our brains hardwired for this state of being? Is it possible for humans to live like animals, in a state that has no past or future? Can morality exist in a Godless universe? The last question is a philosophical one so scratch that out.