Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Landau wrote:

>HI- I am not married yet, and I am a ***- does that make me wierd?

Absolutely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 18:46:16 -0700, (Dan Landau) wrote:

>HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

You don't have to attend the CIA to buy beer and boil hot dogs.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

Only you can answer that.
It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:

> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

What do you look like and what is your profession? Are you
heterosexual? Do you own your own home? Do you have kids? You like to
cook, but do you do it well? Depending on the answers to these
questions, I might be able to help you change your status. Call me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Landau" > wrote in message
> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

no, that is not the reason.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
om...
> On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
>
>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>

> What do you look like and what is your profession? Are you heterosexual?
> Do you own your own home? Do you have kids? You like to cook, but do you
> do it well? Depending on the answers to these questions, I might be able
> to help you change your status. Call me.

He would still be weird. Maybe even more so.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
(Dan Landau) wrote:

> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

No.

Next?

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:35:23 -0400, news > wrote:

> On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
> > HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
> >

> Only you can answer that.
> It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.

It only means his news reader doesn't have a spell checker.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:07:12 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I might be able to help you change your status. Call me.

<snork> That's too funny!

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/24/2011 12:41 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> > wrote in message
> om...
>> On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
>>
>>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>>

>> What do you look like and what is your profession? Are you heterosexual?
>> Do you own your own home? Do you have kids? You like to cook, but do you
>> do it well? Depending on the answers to these questions, I might be able
>> to help you change your status. Call me.
>>

> He would still be weird. Maybe even more so.

I specialize in weird.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

news > wrote:
> On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>

> Only you can answer that.
> It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.

That is weird

Hmmm... I would say it depends on your thoughts...
If you have thoughts of harming others, then you have severe problems.

Being single is not being weird. I have been single all of life and will
die that way.
It is better to be single than to be married to someone that you cannot
stand to be with.

I think the problem is, Landau does not know who he is?

This is an excellent book on finding out who you really are and explains
why you may or may not get along with other people.

Please Understand Me II: Temperament, Character, Intelligence [Paperback]
David Keirsey (Author)

http://alturl.com/kc45b

--
Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Sqwertz > wrote:

>>> om...

>>> He would still be weird. Maybe even more so.
>>>

>> I specialize in weird.

> Do you have any gerbils?
>
> -sw

You, you... Have Gerbils... Weird indeed, economic times must be hard for
some.

Do they taste like chicken?

--
Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 9:46*pm, (Dan Landau) wrote:
> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

Waaaal, if you're over 40 and never been married, it makes me wonder
why you've never been caught.

Define weird any way you like. Maybe you're just smart.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Nad > wrote:

> news > wrote:
> > On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
> >> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
> >>

> > Only you can answer that.
> > It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.

> That is weird
>
> Hmmm... I would say it depends on your thoughts...
> If you have thoughts of harming others, then you have severe problems.
>
> Being single is not being weird. I have been single all of life and will
> die that way.
> It is better to be single than to be married to someone that you cannot
> stand to be with.

That's true. I've known people who have been married, some several
times, and they just were never happy with it. Others, like my uncle
Dan, were married a long time (51 years to his first wife), and when she
died, he was in another relationship very quickly.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote:

>On 9/24/2011 12:41 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> om...

>>> What do you look like and what is your profession? Are you heterosexual?
>>> Do you own your own home? Do you have kids? You like to cook, but do you
>>> do it well? Depending on the answers to these questions, I might be able
>>> to help you change your status. Call me.
>>>

>> He would still be weird. Maybe even more so.
>>

>I specialize in weird.

I don't think your 38 DDs are weird.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
om...
> On 9/23/2011 9:46 PM, Dan Landau wrote:
>
>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>

> What do you look like and what is your profession? Are you heterosexual?
> Do you own your own home? Do you have kids? You like to cook, but do you
> do it well? Depending on the answers to these questions, I might be able
> to help you change your status. Call me.

lol

--
http://www.shop.helpforheros.org.uk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 23, 11:00*pm, Cheryl > wrote:
> On 9/24/2011 12:41 AM, Pico Rico wrote:> > *wrote in message
> . com...

> >> What do you look like and what is your profession? *Are you heterosexual?
> >> Do you own your own home? *Do you have kids? You like to cook, but do you
> >> do it well? *Depending on the answers to these questions, I might be able
> >> to help you change your status. * *Call me.

> > He would still be weird. *Maybe even more so.

> I specialize in weird.

Tell me more!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kalmia wrote:
>Dan Landau wrote:
>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

>Waaaal, if you're over 40 and never been married, it makes me wonder
>why you've never been caught.
>
>Define weird any way you like. Maybe you're just smart.

Nad bought a cow. hehe
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
> Kalmia wrote:
>> Dan Landau wrote:
>>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

>> Waaaal, if you're over 40 and never been married, it makes me wonder
>> why you've never been caught.
>>
>> Define weird any way you like. Maybe you're just smart.

> Nad bought a cow. hehe

Two cows, one Jersey and the other a Black Angus to replace Bessy for the
most part is in the Freezer. I named the cows "Thing 1 and Thing 2". I have
a few chickens also.

Busy this time of year... Canned almost 150 jars of tomato products,
Juices, Salsas and Sauce. Add pickles, Beets, Corn relish, Jams, Apple
Sauce and more. Freezer is loaded also with green beans, peas and corn.

This day and age, canning and preserving ones own food is totally weird.
Just like the wackos preaching the end of time itself... Weird people.

--
Nad

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 16:55:10 +0000 (UTC), Nad
> wrote:

>Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>> Kalmia wrote:
>>>
>>> Waaaal, if you're over 40 and never been married, it makes me wonder
>>> why you've never been caught.
>>>
>>> Define weird any way you like. Maybe you're just smart.

>> Nad bought a cow. hehe

>Two cows, one Jersey and the other a Black Angus to replace Bessy for the
>most part is in the Freezer. I named the cows "Thing 1 and Thing 2". I have
>a few chickens also.

"Thing"? Wouldn't names like Loretta and Anna Mae ensure more
bountiful milking? If all you wanted was a lot of manure you shoulda
got a bull named Thing. lol

>Busy this time of year... Canned almost 150 jars of tomato products,
>Juices, Salsas and Sauce. Add pickles, Beets, Corn relish, Jams, Apple
>Sauce and more. Freezer is loaded also with green beans, peas and corn.
>
>This day and age, canning and preserving ones own food is totally weird.
>Just like the wackos preaching the end of time itself... Weird people.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 24, 10:16*am, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> *Nad > wrote:
> > news > wrote:

> > > Only you can answer that.
> > > It's weird that you can't spell "weird", however.

> > That is weird

> > Hmmm... I would say it depends on your thoughts...
> > If you have thoughts of harming others, then you have severe problems.

> > Being single is not being weird. I have been single all of life and will
> > die that way.
> > It is better to be single than to be married to someone that you cannot
> > stand to be with.

> That's true. *I've known people who have been married, some several
> times, and they just were never happy with it. *Others, like my uncle
> Dan, were married a long time (51 years to his first wife), and when she
> died, he was in another relationship very quickly.

He was probably looking for a house keeper. Most men who have been
married all their lives and then become widowers and jump into another
relationship quickly are looking for a cook, bottle washer, and house
keeper and companionship factors in, too, but it's the live in maid
they want.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

FaggotBull wrote:
> Nad > wrote:
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>> > Nad bought a cow. hehe

>> Two cows, one Jersey and the other a Black Angus to replace Bessy for the
>> most part is in the Freezer. I named the cows "Thing 1 and Thing 2". I have
>> a few chickens also.

>Black Anus sure enough got brooklyboy's attenTION!
>the FAGGOT BULL

Hmm, cows sure didn't get the attention of the FAGGOT BULL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One thing it does is make you a bad speller.
Weird not wierd you nitwit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 24, 10:57*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Sep 23, 9:46*pm, (Dan Landau) wrote:
>
> > HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

> Waaaal, if you're over 40 and never been married, it makes me wonder
> why you've never been caught.
>
> Define weird any way you like. *Maybe you're just smart.

I'm 47 and never married, with no kids I am legally aware of. I came
close a couple times, but never got hitched. Lived with a lady for
many years, but that fell apart due to her alcoholism. I am something
of a workaholic, work about 70-80 hours between my day job and trying
to finish a book I am writing. And I love to cook, worked my way thru
college as a cook and can cook just about anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I'm back. wrote:

> (Dan Landau) wrote in news:20602-4E7D3668-1801
> @baytvnwsxa001.msntv.msn.com:
>

>>HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>

> That you have to ask, and post it on a world wide medium..... YES.

Is it?

IMO the real social protocols of "The Net" are yet to be established,
even (if not especially) in any folkloric way. Apparently, at this time
its all a more Hyde park corner, soap box sort of thing, this
unmoderated (and much of moderated) "usenet" is just a bunch of
individual soap boxes people are yelling from, free speech and all that,
though i suppose the analogy holds that "The Net" itself is just one
giant soap box that can accommodate billions of people screaming their
own thoughts at each other.

Given a big enough soap box smaller groups of people could wander off
and form more congenial or even focused groups, not unlike "'real life"
which, i have long thought, "The Net" has to be held to a higher
standard than "Real Life" at least at this time of its rudimentary
beginning.

Its a wonderful research tool but its "social networking" aspect is
becoming more and more suspect to me

"The Net" may be, metaphorically, the "unsub" of popular t.v. crime
fiction, I seem to see public discourse tending more and more to
resemble the proverbial "flame wars" of unmoderated usenet.
--
JL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Landau wrote:

> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

A few generations ago, yes; now, not so much.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Freides wrote:
> Dan Landau wrote:
>
>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

> A few generations ago, yes; now, not so much.
>
> -S-

<cringe> that he had to ask means yes, he is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba wrote:
> Steve Freides wrote:
>> Dan Landau wrote:
>>
>>> HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?

>> A few generations ago, yes; now, not so much.
>>
>> -S-

> <cringe> that he had to ask means yes, he is.

Either you're right or he's pulling our leg.

-S-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 25/09/2011 5:00 AM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:
> On Sep 24, 10:16 am, Dan > wrote:

>>> That is weird

>>> Hmmm... I would say it depends on your thoughts...
>>> If you have thoughts of harming others, then you have severe problems.

>>> Being single is not being weird. I have been single all of life and will
>>> die that way.
>>> It is better to be single than to be married to someone that you cannot
>>> stand to be with.

>> That's true. I've known people who have been married, some several
>> times, and they just were never happy with it. Others, like my uncle
>> Dan, were married a long time (51 years to his first wife), and when she
>> died, he was in another relationship very quickly.
>>

> He was probably looking for a house keeper.

He got one. When he dies she'll get his house.

> Most men who have been
> married all their lives and then become widowers and jump into another
> relationship quickly are looking for a cook, bottle washer,

What man needs bottles washed?

> and house
> keeper and companionship factors in, too, but it's the live in maid
> they want.

Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Who_me? > wrote:

> Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
> provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

Yes and No for the "might" in my case.

Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.

No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
to the Bordello for such services.

For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

--
Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/09/2011 12:11 PM, Nad wrote:
> > wrote:
>>
>> Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
>> provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

> Yes and No for the "might" in my case.
>
> Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.
>
> No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
> to the Bordello for such services.
>
> For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.

Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.

From an old bumper sticker.

"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."

I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
find a woman who has no equal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Sock > wrote:

> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
> find a woman who has no equal.

When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

The phrase "man-servant" and "butler" sounded like "Yes Dear". I now know
why you have that rare loving wife, or is it your wife found that rare
"Male"

--
Nad
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/09/2011 6:40 PM, Nad wrote:
> > wrote:
>>
>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>> find a woman who has no equal.

> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

I am sorry about that. Maybe the next one?

> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like something out of an old forties British movie.

> The phrase "man-servant" and "butler" sounded like "Yes Dear". I now know
> why you have that rare loving wife, or is it your wife found that rare
> "Male"

I don't know, but every day I find it hard to believe that I have been
so lucky. She is intelligent, kind, honest, and beautiful to look at. I
met her when she was still a teen and we are now coming up to our
twentieth anniversary.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
> > wrote:
>>
>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>> find a woman who has no equal.

> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.
>
> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:07:39 +1000, Sock > wrote:

>On 27/09/2011 12:11 PM, Nad wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
>>> provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

>> Yes and No for the "might" in my case.
>>
>> Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.
>>
>> No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
>> to the Bordello for such services.
>>
>> For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.
>>

>Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.
>
> From an old bumper sticker.
>
>"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."
>
>I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>find a woman who has no equal.

That would depand on your age and health... with that statement I'll
have to assume you're over fifty and/or in failing health. The
majority of men under 50 and in reasonably good health who lose their
long term spouse remarry as quickly as possible... married men tend to
be happier, more content, and live longer. This does not apply to
those who are living together/shack-ups... without the benefit of
legal marriage regardless what anyone says there is no real
commitment... it's an hour by hour relationship with underlying
stress. I happen to know of three elderly men (70s) who after long
marriages lost their wives and within weeks married their departed
wife's widowed sister, was like they never skipped a beat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:48:59 +1000, Sock > wrote:

>On 27/09/2011 6:40 PM, Nad wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>>> find a woman who has no equal.

>> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.

>I am sorry about that. Maybe the next one?
>
>> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
>> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

>That sounds like something out of an old forties British movie.
>
>> The phrase "man-servant" and "butler" sounded like "Yes Dear". I now know
>> why you have that rare loving wife, or is it your wife found that rare
>> "Male"
>>

>I don't know, but every day I find it hard to believe that I have been
>so lucky. She is intelligent, kind, honest, and beautiful to look at. I
>met her when she was still a teen and we are now coming up to our
>twentieth anniversary.

Virtual newlyweds... be very careful never to take her for granted,
she's still very young.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:40:53 -0400, Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:

>On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>>> find a woman who has no equal.

>> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.
>>
>> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
>> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

>That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
>is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
>because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.

We're not married but we've been together longer than many stay
married. We pick our battles and most of the time the stuff isn't
really very important. No doormat personalities here and I agree with
you it would be boring any other way.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nad Nad is offline

Nancy Young <email@replyto> wrote:
> On 9/27/2011 4:40 AM, Nad wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>>> but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>>> time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>>> find a woman who has no equal.

>> When it comes to relationships in my life, they end up problematic.
>>
>> I have heard from others: in order to have a happy and argument free
>> marriage the male needs to remember just two words..."Yes Dear".

> That sounds like a big bore and I don't know anyone like that who
> is happily married. Maybe you're the opposite, you have problems
> because you're the one who wants everything your way? Heh.
>
> nancy

In my book the only reason to get married is to have kids. If one has no
desire to have and raise kids, there is absolutely no reason to get
married.

Absolutely my way... The world revolves around me and I like it that way

--
Nad