Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:07:39 +1000, Sock > wrote:

>On 27/09/2011 12:11 PM, Nad wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> Not so. Most guys would prefer a maid who lived elsewhere. A woman who
>>> provides others services might be welcome as a permanent house-guest.

>> Yes and No for the "might" in my case.
>>
>> Yes, if I had a maid I would want her live some where else.
>>
>> No, others services would not be welcome in my home. I would much rather go
>> to the Bordello for such services.
>>
>> For companionship, I prefer the Dog, they do not tell you what to do.
>>

>Don't get a cat then, they are always trying to tell you what to do.
>
> From an old bumper sticker.
>
>"Dogs have masters, cats have staff."
>
>I prefer a loving wife. She might be my surrogate maid on odd occasions,
>but then I am most willingly her man-servant and butler nearly all the
>time. If I were to lose her I would not re-marry. I was lucky enough to
>find a woman who has no equal.

That would depand on your age and health... with that statement I'll
have to assume you're over fifty and/or in failing health. The
majority of men under 50 and in reasonably good health who lose their
long term spouse remarry as quickly as possible... married men tend to
be happier, more content, and live longer. This does not apply to
those who are living together/shack-ups... without the benefit of
legal marriage regardless what anyone says there is no real
commitment... it's an hour by hour relationship with underlying
stress. I happen to know of three elderly men (70s) who after long
marriages lost their wives and within weeks married their departed
wife's widowed sister, was like they never skipped a beat.