Posted to rec.food.cooking
M. JL Esq. M. JL Esq. is offline

Default I am not married and I can cook- does that make me wierd.

I'm back. wrote:

> (Dan Landau) wrote in news:20602-4E7D3668-1801
> @baytvnwsxa001.msntv.msn.com:
>

>>HI- I am not married yet, and I am a guy- does that make me wierd?
>>

> That you have to ask, and post it on a world wide medium..... YES.

Is it?

IMO the real social protocols of "The Net" are yet to be established,
even (if not especially) in any folkloric way. Apparently, at this time
its all a more Hyde park corner, soap box sort of thing, this
unmoderated (and much of moderated) "usenet" is just a bunch of
individual soap boxes people are yelling from, free speech and all that,
though i suppose the analogy holds that "The Net" itself is just one
giant soap box that can accommodate billions of people screaming their
own thoughts at each other.

Given a big enough soap box smaller groups of people could wander off
and form more congenial or even focused groups, not unlike "'real life"
which, i have long thought, "The Net" has to be held to a higher
standard than "Real Life" at least at this time of its rudimentary
beginning.

Its a wonderful research tool but its "social networking" aspect is
becoming more and more suspect to me

"The Net" may be, metaphorically, the "unsub" of popular t.v. crime
fiction, I seem to see public discourse tending more and more to
resemble the proverbial "flame wars" of unmoderated usenet.
--
JL