Old 24-03-2010, 09:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Danish pastries

I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Old 24-03-2010, 10:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:49:32 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Nice job... 8 dozen is a lot of work, especially when so many
fillings. But you forgot my favorite, prune.
Old 24-03-2010, 10:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Oh, my goodness - I put on five pounds just looking at them.
Good job!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Old 24-03-2010, 10:33 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

OMG, lemon is my absolute favorite, or maybe it is cheese, or pecan,
cinnamon or chocolate. Well, I can not choose a favorite, they all look
wonderful. Great job, your coworkers are lucky to have you. Where
should I apply for a job???

Becca
Old 24-03-2010, 11:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 2:49*pm, " wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. *I take a few in to work. *I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. *They
literally take all day to make. *That's why I only make them twice a
year. *The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Very nice- one year I made sourdough danish- tasty!!

Old 24-03-2010, 11:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 2:49*pm, " wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. *I take a few in to work. *I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. *They
literally take all day to make. *That's why I only make them twice a
year. *The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Do the right thing and send me say...3 or 4.
Old 24-03-2010, 11:43 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 5:49�pm, " wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. �I take a few in to work. �I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. �They
literally take all day to make. �That's why I only make them twice a
year. �The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

I've added a few more pictures showing how they're made. The strange
thing is after I get done baking them I don't want to eat one until
the next day.
Old 24-03-2010, 11:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

OMG, lemon is my absolute favorite, or maybe it is cheese, or pecan,
cinnamon or chocolate. Well, I can not choose a favorite, they all
look wonderful. Great job, your coworkers are lucky to have you.
Where should I apply for a job???

Wow, I missed the '8 dozen' part. They look fabulous.

nancy

Old 24-03-2010, 11:54 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

I've added a few more pictures showing how they're made. The strange
thing is after I get done baking them I don't want to eat one until
the next day.

Thanks for the photos, it took a lot of work to make all of those. We
have the same measuring spoons. Now that the paint has worn off, I have
to give an educated guess as to how much I am measuring. lol I have
two other sets, but I think my ex may have them.

Becca
Old 25-03-2010, 12:01 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 2:49*pm, " wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. *I take a few in to work. *I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. *They
literally take all day to make. *That's why I only make them twice a
year. *The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

looks, mahvelous dahlink! 8 dozen at a time. if i beg, grovel, &
whine or just plain ask nicely, would you mind sharing the recipe?

harriet & critters (faddy & tabby)

Old 25-03-2010, 12:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
" wrote:

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Ohfer!! Showoff!! grin That's amazing! I salute you.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

Old 25-03-2010, 01:48 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Gorgeous! Too bad you have to freeze them--don't they get soggy when
thawed?

gloria p
Old 25-03-2010, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 24, 9:48�pm, "gloria.p" wrote:
�Too bad you have to freeze them--don't they get soggy when
thawed?

gloria p

Not really. I wait until they're completely cool and then I wrap each
one in plastic wrap. I freeze them and when theyre frozen I put them
inside DOUBLE freezer bags. Doing all this helps keep them fresh. The
ones I eat 6 months later are just as good as the ones from the first
day. When I want some I just take out what I need and let them thaw
with the plastic wrap still wrapped around them. To heat them I put
them in a 350� oven for 2 or 3 minutes. Usually though I just eat
them at room temperature.
Old 25-03-2010, 02:14 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
,
" wrote:

I make 8 dozen of these twice a year. I take a few in to work. I
leave a few out to eat on and I wrap and freeze the rest. They
literally take all day to make. That's why I only make them twice a
year. The fillings are made from scratch too.

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/d...sh%20Pastries/

Too fun!!!
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy

Pastries with a Purpose! LAG Tea 0 26-02-2010 09:04 PM
Take this Freedom Fries: Iran Renames Danish Pastries [email protected] General Cooking 79 22-02-2006 07:43 PM
Flakey pastries reqluq Baking 18 20-01-2006 06:54 PM
Lemon Pastries Anna Free Recipes (moderated) 0 15-11-2005 05:00 AM
Messy Pastries Jay P Francis Baking 5 17-03-2004 03:28 AM