Old 25-05-2005, 08:15 PM
None Given

Default Diet coke with Splenda

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

There was coupons stuck on the coke cooler at the store the other day, but
they had run out (both the splenda cokes and the coupons) when I was there
yesterday.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Old 25-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Gordon

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

Had a diet coke with splenda yesterday. My wife bought it for me thinking
because I use splenda in my coffee I might like it in coke. Wasn't bad, but
different...

Old 25-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Karen

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

PJ

Thanks for the coupon link!

Karen
Type 2

Old 26-05-2005, 12:53 AM
The Chief Instigator

"None Given" writes:

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

There was coupons stuck on the coke cooler at the store the other day, but
they had run out (both the splenda cokes and the coupons) when I was there
yesterday.

I haven't spotted any coupons yet, but at least it's finally showing up in the
Houston area (my first Splenda-ed Diet Coke was at Mall of the Mainland, in
Texas City).

--
Patrick "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey ) Houston, Texas
chiefinstigator.us.tt/aeros.php (soon to be TCI's 2005-06 Houston Aeros)
Old 26-05-2005, 12:56 AM
muffin

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

PJ

And you have to install software in order to print the coupon. Any spyware
or adware installed at the same time?

Old 26-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Pete

And you have to install software in order to print the coupon.
Any spyware or adware installed at the same time?

I wondered the very same thing when I went to download the coupon, so
didn't.

I am anxious to try it. I've been drinking Diet Rite (love their
tangerine--although I limit myself to one soda a day at dinner.)
because of all the horrors I've read about nutra-sweet... so don't
anyone post the horrors of Splenda yet!

I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink about
2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered it in tall
glass bottles (bottled in Mexico) at a local market. Hard to believe I
haven't touched a drop in 6 months.

Old 26-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Sherry

"muffin" wrote in
:

"Peanutjake" wrote in message
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

PJ

And you have to install software in order to print the coupon. Any
spyware or adware installed at the same time?

I had no request to install software - probably because it's in
JavaScript and I already had Java installed (needed to install it when
I installed FireFox - IE doesn't use it because of the Sun-MS
contentions.)

Sherry

Old 27-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Harold Groot

On Thu, 26 May 2005 08:27:37 -0500, Sherry wrote:
I had no request to install software - probably because it's in
JavaScript and I already had Java installed (needed to install it when
I installed FireFox - IE doesn't use it because of the Sun-MS
contentions.)
Sherry

Ignoring coupons, software and such - I recently bought some Diet Coke
made with Splenda. I'm sorry to say that I didn't think it tasted
very good. So I've been making my own C4, mixing Coke's own C2 (half
the corn syrup of regular Coke) with an equal amount of the new Diet
Coke to get down to 1/4 of the regular carbs/calories. It also moves
from 2 artificial sweeteners to 3. There have been a number of taste
tests that show that artificial sweeteners complement each other, with
one having better "up front" sweetness, another having a better
aftertaste and so on. The new Diet Coke has both Sucralose and
Acesulfane K, with my custom mix I get those plus Aspartame - and of
course, some real corn syrup.

It's not a perfect solution, but we all make decisions and adjustments
to suit ourselves. At 9g carbs (35 calories) it's something I can fit
into my own way of eating. If I mix together 2 cans and make that
into 3 servings (i.e. cut the serving size down to 8 oz. instead of 12
oz.), it works out to 6g carbs and 24 calories. Every little bit
helps.

Old 27-05-2005, 04:33 AM
anon

It sucks!! Lemon Pledge tasting..........

I don't know why they just didn't add the splenda and not screw with the
mix, but it is terrible. And I like Diet Coke normally, but if this is the
best that they can do, I'm not drinking it anymore.

Diet Rite with Spenda tastes a lot better and doesn't have that damn lemon
taste.

Old 27-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Marc L.

"Pete" wrote in
ups.com:

I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink
about 2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered
it in tall

Me too, which probably contributed greatly to my diabetes.
Actually, I used to drink two 2L bottles of coke, so, twice what you
did. In Janurary 2002 I got the diagnosis. I immediately cut my
intake, though I admit to drinking a can now and again. Especially
when in the middle of a big depression.

--
Marc
Old 28-05-2005, 01:24 AM
mrslang

Peanutjake wrote:
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap to
it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want a diet
version of it to begin with? there are so many other alternitives when
it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to be on the market.
ever read a list of what they put in it?

Sally

Old 28-05-2005, 06:58 AM
The Chief Instigator

"mrslang" writes:

Peanutjake wrote:
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap to
it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want a diet
version of it to begin with? there are so many other alternitives when
it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to be on the market.
ever read a list of what they put in it?

I'll stick with Diet Rite, for the most part - now, if Coke will put out a
caffeine-free Diet version with Splenda, they'll have me as an occasional
customer.