Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reasons why Diet Coke is good!

John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters

This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health experts
say it may have health consequences down the road." It may. Nobody can say
that it does.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903

How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
average person.

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits

This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.

http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608

What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!

http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html

And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!

http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss

There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that you
find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as many that
say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and
do something else now.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>
> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>
> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health
> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.
> Nobody can say that it does.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>
> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
> average person.
>
> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>
> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>
> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>
> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>
> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html
>

> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>
> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss
>

> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
> I'll go off and do something else now.

I have read that cola drinks can have a detrimental effect on tooth
enamel. This is due not entirely to sugar, which of course a diet drink
doesn't have, but to phosphoric acid, which all colas seem to have.
There is also this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospho...In_soft_drinks

Personally, I think that all soda should be banned, and the authorities
should be going door-to-door and searching people's domiciles for them,
and confiscating them as contraband.

Ok, wait; I think I think I meant ebola drinks, not cola drinks. Sorry.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Travis McGee" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>
>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>>
>> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
>> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health
>> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.
>> Nobody can say that it does.
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>>
>> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
>> average person.
>>
>> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>>
>> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
>> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>>
>> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>>
>> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>>
>> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html
>>

>> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>>
>> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss
>>

>> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
>> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
>> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
>> I'll go off and do something else now.

> I have read that cola drinks can have a detrimental effect on tooth
> enamel. This is due not entirely to sugar, which of course a diet drink
> doesn't have, but to phosphoric acid, which all colas seem to have. There
> is also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospho...In_soft_drinks

I think the lemon lime drinks are worse for the enamel. Either way my
enamel is fine.

> Personally, I think that all soda should be banned, and the authorities
> should be going door-to-door and searching people's domiciles for them,
> and confiscating them as contraband.
>
> Ok, wait; I think I think I meant ebola drinks, not cola drinks. Sorry.

Heh. Yeah.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/12/2014 9:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>
> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>
> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health
> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.
> Nobody can say that it does.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>
> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
> average person.
>
> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>
> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>
> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>
> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>
> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html
>

> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>
> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss
>

> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
> I'll go off and do something else now.

Sounds like you might have had 11.8 cans of soda today. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 9/12/2014 9:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>
>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>>
>> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
>> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health
>> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.
>> Nobody can say that it does.
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>>
>> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
>> average person.
>>
>> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>>
>> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
>> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>>
>> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>>
>> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>>
>> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html
>>

>> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>>
>> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss
>>

>> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
>> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
>> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
>> I'll go off and do something else now.

> Sounds like you might have had 11.8 cans of soda today. :-)

Maybe. I think I've had less than usual today. We were out earlier and I
was busy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 3:25 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>
>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters

Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!

"John Daly isn’t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green jacket
this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at his
usual spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn’t played at
Augusta since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans and
selling merchandise."

John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:05:34 AM UTC-10, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 3:25 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
>
> > On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!

> >> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters

> Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!
>

> "John Daly isn�t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green jacket
>
> this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at his
>
> usual spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn�t played at
>
> Augusta since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans and
>
> selling merchandise."
>

> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
>
> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>

> Jill

It certainly is. His problem was that he wasn't drinking enought Diet Coke. Hopefully the chiren will learn a lesson from this. He coulda been a contenda.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 1:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
> I'll go off and do something else now.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/44...drinking-soda/

Diet soda has been associated with kidney problems, according to an
August 2010 study published in the “Clinical Journal of the American
Society of Nephrology.” Study authors concluded that women who drank
more than two servings a day of artificially sweetened soda per day saw
a decrease in kidney function over 20 years that was three times the
rate of decline found in women who did not drink diet soda. No
association was found between the consumption of sugar sweetened sodas
and kidney function decline.
Other Health Risks
Other health risks associated with regular consumption of soda include
dental problems and increased osteoporosis risk. Soda contains acidic
ingredients that can erode tooth enamel, resulting in tooth decay.
Frequent soda drinkers often consume fewer nutrient-rich beverages in
the daily diet, such as milk and juice, replacing them with soft drinks,
decreasing calcium intake and increasing the risk of developing
osteoporosis.

http://www.prevention.com/food/healt...king-diet-soda

In fact, a University of Minnesota study of almost 10,000 adults found
that even just one diet soda a day was linked to a 34% higher risk of
metabolic syndrome, a group of symptoms including belly fat and high
cholesterol that put you at risk for heart disease.

But people are still sipping the stuff, and in record numbers. Kids
consume diet soda at more than double the rate of the last decade,
according to research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Among adults, consumption has grown almost 25%.

Need the motivation to kick your soda habit for good? Put down the can,
and check out the 7 Side Effects of Drinking Diet Soda.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 2:34 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/12/2014 9:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>
>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>>
>> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
>> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health
>> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.
>> Nobody can say that it does.
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>>
>> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
>> average person.
>>
>> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>>
>> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
>> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>>
>> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>>
>> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>>
>> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html
>>

>> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>>
>> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss
>>

>> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
>> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
>> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
>> I'll go off and do something else now.

> Sounds like you might have had 11.8 cans of soda today. :-)

With caffeine...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:03:25 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and

> do something else now.

Can we count on that for, say, a month or two?

If you wanna throw your money away on devoid-of-nutrition junk, then you're crazier than I thought. Trying to justify it puts you realm of the single digit IQ.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:50:59 AM UTC-6, Kalmia wrote:
> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:03:25 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and
>

> > do something else now.

> Can we count on that for, say, a month or two?
>

> If you wanna throw your money away on devoid-of-nutrition junk, then you're crazier than I thought. Trying to justify it puts you realm of the single digit IQ.

One of the sites she cites is:
http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss

Read the article on that site about milk and you will know where Julie gets some of her kooky ideas from. The bit about mucous is totally false.
=========================

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:42:43 AM UTC-10, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 2:34 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > On 9/12/2014 9:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!

> >> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters

> >> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major

> >> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health

> >> experts say it may have health consequences down the road." It may.

> >> Nobody can say that it does.

> >> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903

> >> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an

> >> average person.

> >> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits

> >> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a

> >> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.

> >> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608

> >> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!

> >> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...n-i-drink.html

> >> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!

> >> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...or-weight-loss

> >> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that

> >> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as

> >> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so

> >> I'll go off and do something else now.

> > Sounds like you might have had 11.8 cans of soda today. :-)

> With caffeine...

Da kids these days - always hopped up on sumthing!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:50:59 AM UTC-10, Kalmia wrote:
> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:03:25 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and
>

> > do something else now.

> Can we count on that for, say, a month or two?
>

> If you wanna throw your money away on devoid-of-nutrition junk, then you're crazier than I thought. Trying to justify it puts you realm of the single digit IQ.

At least drinking the stuff won't get your driver's licsense taken away or make you drive straight onto a van filled with kids or make you beat your wife or go to your car to get your gun to shoot that asshole in the bar or - well, you get the picture. Just not the big picture.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 8:05 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 3:25 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
>> On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>>
>>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>>>

> Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!
>
> "John Daly isn’t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green jacket
> this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at his
> usual spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn’t played at
> Augusta since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans and
> selling merchandise."
>
> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>
> Jill

Coke =/ booze.

HTH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 12:07 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:42:43 AM UTC-10, Mayo wrote:

>>> Sounds like you might have had 11.8 cans of soda today. :-)

>> With caffeine...

> Da kids these days - always hopped up on sumthing!

Hide the rubber cement!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 12:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:50:59 AM UTC-10, Kalmia wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:03:25 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and
>>

>>> do something else now.

>> Can we count on that for, say, a month or two?
>>

>> If you wanna throw your money away on devoid-of-nutrition junk, then you're crazier than I thought. Trying to justify it puts you realm of the single digit IQ.

> At least drinking the stuff won't get your driver's licsense taken away or make you drive straight onto a van filled with kids or make you beat your wife or go to your car to get your gun to shoot that asshole in the bar or - well, you get the picture. Just not the big picture.

Don't folks in the Islands drink Kava?

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117727&page=1

http://www.thetravellingeditor.com/i...-last-night-i/

Its taste may not gain a lot of favours, but even those who’ve rebuked
its mucky-water appearance and earthy flavour cannot deny its
anti-depressant properties. It relaxes your senses, flexes your muscles.
It renders you susceptible to humour, and observant of your surroundings
as though you were a talent-spotting agent for hilarity.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 8:43 AM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 12:07 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> With caffeine...

>> Da kids these days - always hopped up on sumthing!
>>

> Hide the rubber cement!

Rubber cement is great stuff. Kids these days will know not of his
wondrous properties but I was a graphic artist in the old days when we
had to use rubber cement to paste up actual graphical elements. Rubber
cement was important because you could remove the stuff left no residue
on your monitor screen. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 8:48 AM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 12:16 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 7:50:59 AM UTC-10, Kalmia wrote:
>>> On Saturday, September 13, 2014 3:03:25 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and

>>> Can we count on that for, say, a month or two?
>>>

>>> If you wanna throw your money away on devoid-of-nutrition junk, then
>>> you're crazier than I thought. Trying to justify it puts you realm
>>> of the single digit IQ.

>> At least drinking the stuff won't get your driver's licsense taken
>> away or make you drive straight onto a van filled with kids or make
>> you beat your wife or go to your car to get your gun to shoot that
>> asshole in the bar or - well, you get the picture. Just not the big
>> picture.
>>

> Don't folks in the Islands drink Kava?
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117727&page=1
>
> http://www.thetravellingeditor.com/i...-last-night-i/
>
> Its taste may not gain a lot of favours, but even those who’ve rebuked
> its mucky-water appearance and earthy flavour cannot deny its
> anti-depressant properties. It relaxes your senses, flexes your muscles.
> It renders you susceptible to humour, and observant of your surroundings
> as though you were a talent-spotting agent for hilarity.

Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>
> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>
> This woman has 12 cans per day and this article says, "There is no major
> study that says drinking diet sodas is bad for you, but some health experts
> say it may have health consequences down the road." It may. Nobody can say
> that it does.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/story?id=3191903
>
> How much caffeine is safe to drink in a day? 11.7 cans of soda for an
> average person.
>
> http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-safe-limits
>
> This says you can safely drink 15 cans of Aspartame sweetened sodas in a
> day. Only 5 if Splenda sweetened.
>
> http://caloriecount.about.com/three-diet-sodas-q11608
>
> What to drink if you have diabetes. See? Diet soda!
>
> http://www.diabetes.org/food-and-fit...ing-healthy-fo
> od-choices/what-can-i-drink.html
>
> And look! Why diet soda is better than water for weight loss!
>
> http://www.sheknows.com/health-and-w...dy-says-diet-s
> oda-better-than-water-for-weight-loss
>
> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that you
> find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as many that
> say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so I'll go off and
> do something else now.

none of those articles say diet soda is good for you. at best they say
it MAY not be bad for you. do you understand the difference?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 1:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 8:43 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> Da kids these days - always hopped up on sumthing!
>>>

>> Hide the rubber cement!

> Rubber cement is great stuff. Kids these days will know not of his
> wondrous properties but I was a graphic artist in the old days when we
> had to use rubber cement to paste up actual graphical elements. Rubber
> cement was important because you could remove the stuff left no residue
> on your monitor screen. :-)

Well now, so it's not just for sniffing!

;-)

Interesting use, not one I was aware of.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 2:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 8:48 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> At least drinking the stuff won't get your driver's licsense taken
>>> away or make you drive straight onto a van filled with kids or make
>>> you beat your wife or go to your car to get your gun to shoot that
>>> asshole in the bar or - well, you get the picture. Just not the big
>>> picture.
>>>

>> Don't folks in the Islands drink Kava?
>>
>> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117727&page=1
>>
>> http://www.thetravellingeditor.com/i...-last-night-i/
>>
>> Its taste may not gain a lot of favours, but even those who’ve rebuked
>> its mucky-water appearance and earthy flavour cannot deny its
>> anti-depressant properties. It relaxes your senses, flexes your muscles.
>> It renders you susceptible to humour, and observant of your surroundings
>> as though you were a talent-spotting agent for hilarity.
>>

> Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
> had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
> unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
> that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)

Lol!

But does it make you humorous?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/13/2014 2:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Don't folks in the Islands drink Kava?
>>>
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117727&page=1
>>>
>>> http://www.thetravellingeditor.com/i...-last-night-i/
>>>
>>> Its taste may not gain a lot of favours, but even those who’ve rebuked
>>> its mucky-water appearance and earthy flavour cannot deny its
>>> anti-depressant properties. It relaxes your senses, flexes your muscles.
>>> It renders you susceptible to humour, and observant of your surroundings
>>> as though you were a talent-spotting agent for hilarity.
>>>

>> Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
>> had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
>> unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
>> that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)

> Lol!
>
> But does it make you humorous?

Only if he wasn't before he had it <g>

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 3:12 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...

>>> Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
>>> had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
>>> unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
>>> that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)

>> Lol!
>>
>> But does it make you humorous?

> Only if he wasn't before he had it <g>

Sounds like maybe he goes sideways then...
;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/13/2014 3:12 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Lol!
>>>
>>> But does it make you humorous?

>> Only if he wasn't before he had it <g>
>>

> Sounds like maybe he goes sideways then...

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2014 3:25 AM, Travis McGee wrote:
>> On 9/13/2014 3:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> John Daly has cut back to 10-12 cans of Diet Coke per day!
>>>
>>> http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/john...t-coke-masters
>>>

> Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!
>
> "John Daly isn’t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green jacket
> this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at his usual
> spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn’t played at Augusta
> since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans and selling
> merchandise."
>
> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>
> Jill

I still like him!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 9/13/2014 1:03 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> There are just sooo many links out there. So for all of the links that
>> you find that say the diet sodas are bad, I can find probably just as
>> many that say that they aren't. But this is really getting boring so
>> I'll go off and do something else now.

> http://www.livestrong.com/article/44...drinking-soda/
>
> Diet soda has been associated with kidney problems, according to an August
> 2010 study published in the “Clinical Journal of the American Society of
> Nephrology.” Study authors concluded that women who drank more than two
> servings a day of artificially sweetened soda per day saw a decrease in
> kidney function over 20 years that was three times the rate of decline
> found in women who did not drink diet soda. No association was found
> between the consumption of sugar sweetened sodas and kidney function
> decline.
> Other Health Risks
> Other health risks associated with regular consumption of soda include
> dental problems and increased osteoporosis risk. Soda contains acidic
> ingredients that can erode tooth enamel, resulting in tooth decay.
> Frequent soda drinkers often consume fewer nutrient-rich beverages in the
> daily diet, such as milk and juice, replacing them with soft drinks,
> decreasing calcium intake and increasing the risk of developing
> osteoporosis.
>
> http://www.prevention.com/food/healt...king-diet-soda
>
> In fact, a University of Minnesota study of almost 10,000 adults found
> that even just one diet soda a day was linked to a 34% higher risk of
> metabolic syndrome, a group of symptoms including belly fat and high
> cholesterol that put you at risk for heart disease.
>
> But people are still sipping the stuff, and in record numbers. Kids
> consume diet soda at more than double the rate of the last decade,
> according to research in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. Among
> adults, consumption has grown almost 25%.
>
> Need the motivation to kick your soda habit for good? Put down the can,
> and check out the 7 Side Effects of Drinking Diet Soda.

Well, my kidneys are fine. I had a friend who had kidney failure. She
mostly drank coffee. Once in a while a regular Coke. The other drinks no
soda at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 11:01 AM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 1:53 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Hide the rubber cement!

>> Rubber cement is great stuff. Kids these days will know not of his
>> wondrous properties but I was a graphic artist in the old days when we
>> had to use rubber cement to paste up actual graphical elements. Rubber
>> cement was important because you could remove the stuff left no residue
>> on your monitor screen. :-)

> Well now, so it's not just for sniffing!
>
> ;-)
>
> Interesting use, not one I was aware of.

Old time graphic artists would use it because of two special properties.
It was a glue that allowed repositioning and it came off of paper cleanly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 11:03 AM, Mayo wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 2:15 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> Don't folks in the Islands drink Kava?
>>>
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117727&page=1
>>>
>>> http://www.thetravellingeditor.com/i...-last-night-i/
>>>
>>> Its taste may not gain a lot of favours, but even those who’ve rebuked
>>> its mucky-water appearance and earthy flavour cannot deny its
>>> anti-depressant properties. It relaxes your senses, flexes your muscles.
>>> It renders you susceptible to humour, and observant of your surroundings
>>> as though you were a talent-spotting agent for hilarity.
>>>

>> Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
>> had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
>> unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
>> that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)

> Lol!
>
> But does it make you humorous?

Hard to say but if a Tongan or Samoan chap makes a joke, I recommend
that you laugh convincingly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 10:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>> Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!
>>
>> "John Daly isn’t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green
>> jacket this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at
>> his usual spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn’t played
>> at Augusta since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans
>> and selling merchandise."
>>
>> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
>> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>>
>> Jill

> I still like him!

I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2014 11:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
>>> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I still like him!

> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>
> Jill

Sad, really. He was a good golfer in spite of himself. He could have
been one of the big stars.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2014 12:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> I still like him!

>> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
>> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
>> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>>
>> Jill

> Sad, really. He was a good golfer in spite of himself. He could have
> been one of the big stars.

Yes, he really could have been. When I met him he was in his 20's and
well on his way to bigger and better things. Now, apparently, he hangs
out at Hooters and drinks soda. At least he's gotten off the hard
stuff. He missed his chance.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

>>> I still like him!

>> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
>> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
>> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>>
>> Jill

> Sad, really. He was a good golfer in spite of himself. He could have
> been one of the big stars.

At least he was *treating* and not *sponging.* I'm sure they could have left
at any time but chose to listen to his tales in exchange for free drinks.
Nothing is free. LOL

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
>>> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
>>> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Sad, really. He was a good golfer in spite of himself. He could have
>> been one of the big stars.

> Yes, he really could have been. When I met him he was in his 20's and
> well on his way to bigger and better things. Now, apparently, he hangs
> out at Hooters and drinks soda. At least he's gotten off the hard stuff.
> He missed his chance.
>
> Jill

I wonder if people are treating him to sodas now? :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-09-14 1:22 PM, Cheri wrote:

> At least he was *treating* and not *sponging.* I'm sure they could have
> left at any time but chose to listen to his tales in exchange for free
> drinks. Nothing is free. LOL

It's amazing what people will do for free beer. I remember a beer
salesman making a call at a friend's bar shortly after it opened. He
bought rounds of beer for us for hours.... the beer he sold. We drank
it and pretended we liked it. After he left we went back to our usual
brands.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2014-09-14 1:22 PM, Cheri wrote:
>
>> At least he was *treating* and not *sponging.* I'm sure they could have
>> left at any time but chose to listen to his tales in exchange for free
>> drinks. Nothing is free. LOL

> It's amazing what people will do for free beer. I remember a beer salesman
> making a call at a friend's bar shortly after it opened. He bought rounds
> of beer for us for hours.... the beer he sold. We drank it and pretended
> we liked it. After he left we went back to our usual brands.

LOL, yes in the few years that I bartended I found all kind of indignities
that people were willing to abide for "free drinks."

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 9:34 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 11:01 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> Rubber cement is great stuff. Kids these days will know not of his
>>> wondrous properties but I was a graphic artist in the old days when we
>>> had to use rubber cement to paste up actual graphical elements. Rubber
>>> cement was important because you could remove the stuff left no residue
>>> on your monitor screen. :-)

>> Well now, so it's not just for sniffing!
>>
>> ;-)
>>
>> Interesting use, not one I was aware of.

> Old time graphic artists would use it because of two special properties.
> It was a glue that allowed repositioning and it came off of paper cleanly.

Both are true.

Very old school for sure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2014 9:35 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 9/13/2014 11:03 AM, Mayo wrote:

>>> Sound great. I had some at a kava shop. It truly did look like mud and
>>> had a taste like you planted your face in dirt. As far as bitter, muddy,
>>> unpleasant, drinks go, it was on par with your average Starbucks except
>>> that it ain't all bunt to hell. :-)

>> Lol!
>>
>> But does it make you humorous?

> Hard to say but if a Tongan or Samoan chap makes a joke, I recommend
> that you laugh convincingly.

LOL!

Will do!
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Saturday, September 13, 2014 1:28:21 PM UTC-7, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

> none of those articles say diet soda is good for you. at best they say
>
> it MAY not be bad for you. do you understand the difference?

Any time you see an article telling you that soda and artificial sweeteners, especially aspertame and those like it, is not going to harm you.......follow the money. Who wrote it, who paid them to write it, who owns the site, whose propaganda is it?

But it's on the internet so it must be true......right?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2014 1:22 PM, Cheri wrote:

>>> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
>>> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
>>> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Sad, really. He was a good golfer in spite of himself. He could have
>> been one of the big stars.

> At least he was *treating* and not *sponging.* I'm sure they could have
> left at any time but chose to listen to his tales in exchange for free
> drinks. Nothing is free. LOL
>
> Cheri

True enough. They were probably taking advantage of him but hey, he was
Mr. Gregarious, "look at me, I'm buying!" guy.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 9/13/2014 10:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Oh yes, John Daly is shining example!
>>>
>>> "John Daly isn’t in the field of 95 golfers competing for a green
>>> jacket this weekend, but you can still find him at Augusta National at
>>> his usual spot in Hooters on Washington Road. Daly, who hasn’t played
>>> at Augusta since 2006, has an annual tradition of meeting with fans
>>> and selling merchandise."
>>>
>>> John Daly was sanctioned by most of the pro golf tours for showing up
>>> drunk. That's certainly a ringing endorsement.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I still like him!

> I'm thrilled you like him. You obviously never met him. I did. He was
> ordering round after round of Lemon Drops for the bar customers while he
> regaled everyone with tales about how great he was.
>
> Jill

Ah so... Pretty much like all the other golfers I know.