Old 01-05-2005, 10:08 PM
EwwHww

Default Any good diet drinks using Splenda with NO caffeine?

Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks with
caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well. So, I am
looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no caffeine. Can't use
nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I don't care for it.

Thanks,
ewwhww

Old 01-05-2005, 10:17 PM
Tiger Lily

Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

available at your grocery........ or ask them for
it if they don't carry it yet

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

Old 02-05-2005, 01:27 AM
None Given

"Tiger Lily" wrote in message
Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

I thought Diet Pepsi had aspertame, not splenda

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Old 02-05-2005, 01:42 AM
EwwHww

Tiger Lily wrote:
Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

available at your grocery........ or ask them for
it if they don't carry it yet

kate

Thanks Kate. At the stores in Fort Worth, the only Diet Pepsi that is
caffeine free uses Aspartame, and I can't have that.

Wayne

Old 02-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Tiger Lily

oops.... yes it uses aspartame

why can't you use it? :-(

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/
http://www.diabetic-talk.org/freeveggies.htm
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own
experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience
can be
an expensive teacher.

"EwwHww" wrote in message
news

Old 02-05-2005, 02:56 AM
EwwHww

Tiger Lily wrote:
oops.... yes it uses aspartame

why can't you use it? :-(

kate

It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes better,
IMO.

Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html

ewwhww

Old 02-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Aaron

EwwHww wrote:
Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks with
caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well. So, I am
looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no caffeine. Can't use
nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I don't care for it.

Thanks,
ewwhww

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...e_products.htm

I do not claim to know this person's stand on Splenda (Dr. Joseph
Mercola) I merely did a google search for "splenda carbonated beverage"
and picked a site that did not blatantly call it poison. There was
another that was the exact same list (who ripped off whom??) with skulls
and cross bones.

BTW, I use Splenda and like it.

--
I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.

I dye my hair so much my driver's license
has a color wheel. Nancy Mura

Old 02-05-2005, 03:33 AM
EwwHww

DLynch wrote:
go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
caffiene.

Thank you very much. Will do.

Old 02-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Langerhans

EwwHww wrote:

It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes better,
IMO.

Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html

ewwhww

Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and acesulfame-k,
and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent new formulation is
ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old Pepsi-1 tasted better
to me. Worth a try, though.
Old 02-05-2005, 04:58 AM
EwwHww

Langerhans wrote:
EwwHww wrote:

It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
better, IMO.

Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html

ewwhww

Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain Dew. I have high blood pressure,
so... You know.

Wayne

Old 02-05-2005, 05:06 AM
Alan S

On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:33:05 -0500, "EwwHww"
wrote:

DLynch wrote:
go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
caffiene.

Thank you very much. Will do.

Do what you like - but the nonsense written about aspartame
is exactly that - nonsense.

You are severely limiting your food sources as a diabetic.
Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
are over-indulging significantly.

You have entered a new game on a new playing field. All bets
are off, you're starting from square one.

Lose your pre-conceptions, start with an open mind. Most of
the things you have been told about fats, carbs, alcohol,
diet, sweeteners, supplements etc over the earlier part of
your life were wrong.

But don't believe me. Do some research of your own, using
Medscape, Highwire, Google Scholar, and your own body.

Also check out subjects like sweeteners, herbals,
supplements etc on Snopes.com, quackwatch.com and similar
sites.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.