Sherry

"mrslang" > wrote in
oups.com: <snip>

> diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap
> to it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want
> a diet version of it to begin with? there are so many other
> alternitives when it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to
> be on the market. ever read a list of what they put in it?
>
> Sally

So true Sally! Researchers are led to believe that the phosphorous in
carbonated beverages can lead to calcium depletion and osteoporosis.

http://tinyurl.com/dllv2

Do a google search on "soda osteoporosis" for a lot of articles about
this. The link isn't proven, but it is something to think about!

I'll never forget the Coke experiment in Jr. High when the teacher
dropped a tooth in a glass of Coke. I think it was just a week or so
before decay started

Many schools are removing sodas from their vending machines and
replacing them with fruit juices - a better choice? I doubt it... Not
a big fan of fruit juice - all the carbs with none of the fiber <g>

BTW, a list of ingredients in cola can be found at
http://sci-toys.com/ingredients/soft_drinks.html (minus the "secret
ingredient"!)

Not sure I agree with your impression of Splenda though. And I do love
a good fizz every now and then - I have no more than one soda a day,
if that much. Most of the time I prefer drinking teas and good old
plain water.