Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

Default Mentos and Diet Coke Ballet

News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia this
week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see why Mentos
has become so popular...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kfL...h=coke%20mento

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jke wrote:

> News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia this
> week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see why Mentos
> has become so popular...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kfL...h=coke%20mento

LOL There was a story on the news about that. Very spectacular results
when the two are mixed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Arri London" > wrote

> Jke wrote:
>>
>> News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia
>> this
>> week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see why
>> Mentos
>> has become so popular...
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kfL...h=coke%20mento

> LOL There was a story on the news about that. Very spectacular results
> when the two are mixed.

Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
something
up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
so-bad-they're-good
commercials.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 03:48:09p, Nancy Young meant to say...

> "Arri London" > wrote
>
>> Jke wrote:
>>>
>>> News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia
>>> this week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see
>>> why Mentos
>>> has become so popular...
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kfL...h=coke%20mento

>> LOL There was a story on the news about that. Very spectacular results
>> when the two are mixed.

> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
> something
> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
> so-bad-they're-good
> commercials.

Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 19 Jun 2006 00:55:37 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
<wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 03:48:09p, Nancy Young meant to say...

>>> LOL There was a story on the news about that. Very spectacular results
>>> when the two are mixed.

>> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
>> something
>> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
>> so-bad-they're-good
>> commercials.

>Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?

Cathy (planning entertainment for our 4th of July party....)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cathy > wrote in
:

>>Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

> Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
> brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?
>
> Cathy (planning entertainment for our 4th of July party....)

Mmmmmmmmmmm, a soft drink and mentos 'shower' party :-)

But in answer to your question, I think I saw some Pepsi bottles there
as well..... as for the rest, please conduct an ongoing experiment, and
come back to us with the results. Thanks :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote on 18 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking

> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
> something
> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
> so-bad-they're-good
> commercials.
>
> nancy

Remember vinegar and baking soda volcanoes? Well a mentos droped in a 2 qt
coke ..will foam up enough to make a 10 or 12 ft ploom and empty the
bottle.

--
-Alan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote on 18 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>
>> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
>> something
>> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
>> so-bad-they're-good
>> commercials.

> Remember vinegar and baking soda volcanoes? Well a mentos droped in a 2 qt
> coke ..will foam up enough to make a 10 or 12 ft ploom and empty the
> bottle.

Heh, thanks, Alan. If that's made Mentos popular, it must be a really
cool party trick or something.

At least I can understand the odd popularity of Altoids .....

(laugh) nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 06:01:06p, PeterL meant to say...

> cathy > wrote in
> :
>

>>>Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

>> Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
>> brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?
>>
>> Cathy (planning entertainment for our 4th of July party....)
>>

> Mmmmmmmmmmm, a soft drink and mentos 'shower' party :-)
>
> But in answer to your question, I think I saw some Pepsi bottles there
> as well..... as for the rest, please conduct an ongoing experiment, and
> come back to us with the results. Thanks :-)

Wonder what that mess tastes like after the show is over?

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cathy" > wrote in message
> On 19 Jun 2006 00:55:37 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 03:48:09p, Nancy Young meant to say...
>>

>>> "Arri London" > wrote

>>> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
>>> something
>>> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
>>> so-bad-they're-good
>>> commercials.

>>Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

> Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
> brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?

According to the folks on alt.fan.cecil-adams (where we clearly have *way*
too much time on our hands), any carbonated beverage will do, but the best
results came with diet coke, something to do with the carbonation level.

So you're planning on something different than the usual fireworks?

Lisa Ann

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
28.19:

>> Mmmmmmmmmmm, a soft drink and mentos 'shower' party :-)
>>
>> But in answer to your question, I think I saw some Pepsi bottles

there
>> as well..... as for the rest, please conduct an ongoing experiment,

and
>> come back to us with the results. Thanks :-)
>>

> Wonder what that mess tastes like after the show is over?

Licked off the bodies, or the ground?

:-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 07:03:01p, PeterL meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote in
> 28.19:
>

>>> Mmmmmmmmmmm, a soft drink and mentos 'shower' party :-)
>>>
>>> But in answer to your question, I think I saw some Pepsi bottles
>>> there as well..... as for the rest, please conduct an ongoing
>>> experiment, and come back to us with the results. Thanks :-)
>>>

>> Wonder what that mess tastes like after the show is over?
>>

> Licked off the bodies, or the ground?
>
>:-)

LOL! Kinky!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, cwells21
@NOSPAMhotmail.com says...
> On 19 Jun 2006 00:55:37 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 03:48:09p, Nancy Young meant to say...
> >

> >> "Arri London" > wrote

> >> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
> >> something
> >> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
> >> so-bad-they're-good
> >> commercials.

> >Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

> Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
> brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?
>
> Cathy (planning entertainment for our 4th of July party....)

My suspicion is that it will work with any carbonated drink. When the
carbon dioxide hits something in the Mento it causes an explosive
release of the gas. That would account for the liquid contents being
rapidly pushed out of the bottle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hey PeterL...
with the Level 3 water restrictions in place in SE Queensland, maybe
this is a way to 'water' our lawns & gardens?

Wonder if it would catch on?
hehehehehe

Incidentally, plants LOVE coke... whenever my 2 kids leave half empty
carbonated drinks laying around I tip them onto a deserving
(undernourished) plant...and they thrive! Must be all that sugar.

--
LadyJane
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"LadyJane" > wrote in
ups.com:

> Hey PeterL...
> with the Level 3 water restrictions in place in SE Queensland, maybe
> this is a way to 'water' our lawns & gardens?

I can just imagine walking across a lawn with freshly dried Diet Coke
all over it........

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, sticky!!

> Wonder if it would catch on?
> hehehehehe
>
> Incidentally, plants LOVE coke... whenever my 2 kids leave half empty
> carbonated drinks laying around I tip them onto a deserving
> (undernourished) plant...and they thrive! Must be all that sugar.

They also love party ****.

Used to have a Rubber tree that never grew an inch in about 3 years, so
every time we had a party, I told all the guys to take a leak on it to
kill it. I ended up having to chop it back about 6 times as it was
getting too damn big!!

(It was Townsville, it was the late 70's early 80's, we were
soldiers...... whaddaya expect!! :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"T" > schreef in bericht
. ..
> In article >, cwells21
> @NOSPAMhotmail.com says...
>> On 19 Jun 2006 00:55:37 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
>> <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Oh pshaw, on Sun 18 Jun 2006 03:48:09p, Nancy Young meant to say...

>> >Drop some in a bottle of Coke. You'll know right away!

>> Does it only work with Coke? What about Pepsi? Or a knockoff generic
>> brand of cola? Or any other kind of carbonated drink?
>>
>> Cathy (planning entertainment for our 4th of July party....)

> My suspicion is that it will work with any carbonated drink. When the
> carbon dioxide hits something in the Mento it causes an explosive
> release of the gas. That would account for the liquid contents being
> rapidly pushed out of the bottle.

As kids, we woudl drop sugar cubes into glasses of (non-diet) soda. Lots of
foam, great fun. If you also add some cream or half and half, the foam
stays. We'd call either the 7-up or the cola version a Sputnik.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"LadyJane" > schreef in bericht
ups.com...
> Hey PeterL...
> with the Level 3 water restrictions in place in SE Queensland, maybe
> this is a way to 'water' our lawns & gardens?
>
> Wonder if it would catch on?
> hehehehehe
>
> Incidentally, plants LOVE coke... whenever my 2 kids leave half empty
> carbonated drinks laying around I tip them onto a deserving
> (undernourished) plant...and they thrive! Must be all that sugar.

Some people put 7up into a vase of cut flowers to make them keep longer
(there's water, too).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jke" > wrote:

> "LadyJane" > schreef in bericht
> ups.com...
> > Hey PeterL...
> > with the Level 3 water restrictions in place in SE Queensland, maybe
> > this is a way to 'water' our lawns & gardens?
> >
> > Wonder if it would catch on?
> > hehehehehe
> >
> > Incidentally, plants LOVE coke... whenever my 2 kids leave half empty
> > carbonated drinks laying around I tip them onto a deserving
> > (undernourished) plant...and they thrive! Must be all that sugar.
> >

> Some people put 7up into a vase of cut flowers to make them keep longer
> (there's water, too).

We add a 2 liter bottle of 7-up to the water container for a cut
christmas tree to get them to last longer.

I bought a norfolk pine in a pot last year tho' and it's still alive in
the greenhouse so hopefully it'll be the christmas tree for the next few
years. :-)
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jke wrote:
> News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia this
> week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see why Mentos
> has become so popular...

M & Ms in a regular coke with thumb over the opening will create a
spew. Since seniors could buy candy and cokes in the school cafeteria,
we'd squirt occasionally, but that was fifty years ago. And nothing
like what Mentos will do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jke Jke is offline

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef in bericht
> In article >,
> "Jke" > wrote:
>
>> "LadyJane" > schreef in bericht
>> ups.com...
>> > Hey PeterL...
>> > with the Level 3 water restrictions in place in SE Queensland, maybe
>> > this is a way to 'water' our lawns & gardens?
>> >
>> > Wonder if it would catch on?
>> > hehehehehe
>> >
>> > Incidentally, plants LOVE coke... whenever my 2 kids leave half empty
>> > carbonated drinks laying around I tip them onto a deserving
>> > (undernourished) plant...and they thrive! Must be all that sugar.
>> >

>> Some people put 7up into a vase of cut flowers to make them keep longer
>> (there's water, too).

> We add a 2 liter bottle of 7-up to the water container for a cut
> christmas tree to get them to last longer.
>
> I bought a norfolk pine in a pot last year tho' and it's still alive in
> the greenhouse so hopefully it'll be the christmas tree for the next few
> years. :-)
> --

I'm impressed by how well your treatment of the tree is going. No
unnecessary tree killing, then
> Peace!
> Om
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch"
> -- Jack Nicholson

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jke" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > schreef in bericht
> > In article >,
> > "Jke" > wrote:
> >
> >> "LadyJane" > schreef in bericht
> >> ups.com...

> >> Some people put 7up into a vase of cut flowers to make them keep longer
> >> (there's water, too).

> > We add a 2 liter bottle of 7-up to the water container for a cut
> > christmas tree to get them to last longer.
> >
> > I bought a norfolk pine in a pot last year tho' and it's still alive in
> > the greenhouse so hopefully it'll be the christmas tree for the next few
> > years. :-)
> > --

> I'm impressed by how well your treatment of the tree is going. No
> unnecessary tree killing, then

It needed a greenhouse to survive Texas weather.....
They are SO pretty!
--
Peace!
Om

-- Jack Nicholson
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jke" > wrote in message

> News that Dutch Mentos are a big hit in the USA reached the Dutch madia
> this week. Then I found this movie posted in a Briths NG and I can see why
> Mentos has become so popular...
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-kfL...h=coke%20mento
>======

That's brilliant. Thanks for posting it. That's one that will be shared.

--
Syssi

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Mr Libido Incognito" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote on 18 Jun 2006 in rec.food.cooking
>>
>>> Could someone give me a clue what it's about? Or could I just make
>>> something
>>> up. Last I heard Mentos were only known for their fabulously
>>> so-bad-they're-good
>>> commercials.

>> Remember vinegar and baking soda volcanoes? Well a mentos droped in a 2
>> qt
>> coke ..will foam up enough to make a 10 or 12 ft ploom and empty the
>> bottle.

> Heh, thanks, Alan. If that's made Mentos popular, it must be a really
> cool party trick or something.
>
> At least I can understand the odd popularity of Altoids .....
>
> (laugh) nancy

I LOVE those - especially the licorice flavor! Majorly yummy!
--
Syssi