Old 28-05-2005, 07:16 AM
Gary

On 28 May 2005 00:58:00 -0500, The Chief Instigator
wrote:

"mrslang" writes:

Peanutjake wrote:
There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap to
it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want a diet
version of it to begin with? there are so many other alternitives when
it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to be on the market.
ever read a list of what they put in it?

I'll stick with Diet Rite, for the most part - now, if Coke will put out a
caffeine-free Diet version with Splenda, they'll have me as an occasional
customer.

FWIW: My doc told me to switch from Diet Coke to Diet Rite as Diet
Rite was sweetened with Splenda. He mentioned that the Splenda was not
only better for my kidneys but for my whole body as well. Like you, if
they come out with a caffeine free Diet Coke with Splenda I might
switch back.

Regards.

Gary

Old 28-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Mak

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:24:57 GMT, "Marc L."
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

"Pete" wrote in
oups.com:

I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink
about 2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered
it in tall

Me too, which probably contributed greatly to my diabetes.
Actually, I used to drink two 2L bottles of coke, so, twice what you
did. In Janurary 2002 I got the diagnosis. I immediately cut my
intake, though I admit to drinking a can now and again. Especially
when in the middle of a big depression.

I didn't start drinking any diet sodas until after I was diagnosed and
I didn't start drinking anywhere near that "much" until years after I
was diagnosed.

Diet sodas do NOT contribute to or lead to diabetes in anyway.

Perpetuating myths like this only leads to whack jobs like mad betti
martini and the rest of the anti aspartame fruit cakes.

Mck
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Old 29-05-2005, 01:42 AM
mrslang

Ma=A2k wrote:
[...]

hey mack did you read his post? he didn't say diet pop contributed to
his diabetes but he thinks drinking all that regular coke may have.
even though there is no proven link that it does but if he's type 2 and
overweight because of all that real coke then it did in some way.

Old 29-05-2005, 06:44 AM
Pete

You're right, mr slang--ma=A2k, I was talking about regular coke.

And, mrslang, you're right about T2 and being overweight. I assumed all
the regular soda contributed in some way, along with my other less than
healthy eating habits. Usually preceding those cokes was a pizza or a
couple of big macs and fries.

Been regular soda free since being diagnosed (Jan this year.)

Still can't find Diet Coke with Splenda locally, but from what I'm
reading, maybe that's not a bad thing. Gonna go chug a Diet Rite, Rite
Now!

Old 29-05-2005, 04:34 PM
None Given

"Pete" wrote in message
ups.com...
Still can't find Diet Coke with Splenda locally, but from what I'm
reading, maybe that's not a bad thing. Gonna go chug a Diet Rite, Rite
Now!

If you would like to try the coke w/splenda check the coolers where they
keep the individual 20 oz bottles. That is the only place I have seen them,
so far, except for once I found some small 12oz bottles, not on ice, in a
special display.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Old 30-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Marc L.

Mak wrote in
:

I didn't start drinking any diet sodas until after I was diagnosed
and I didn't start drinking anywhere near that "much" until years
after I was diagnosed.

Diet sodas do NOT contribute to or lead to diabetes in anyway.

Hey, moron, I talked about drinkning 4L of REGULAR coke.

--
Marc
Old 30-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Mak

On 28 May 2005 17:42:08 -0700, "mrslang" Huffed

Mak wrote:
[...]

my mistake, for some reason I inserted the word Diet before the word
Coke in my mind when I was reading it, when it wasn't there to begin
with. I apologize.

Thanks for the correction.

Mck
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."

Jesus never hated anyone.
Old 30-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Mak

On 28 May 2005 22:44:43 -0700, "Pete" Huffed and
Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

You're right, mr slang--mak, I was talking about regular coke.

Yeah I saw that when it was pointed out and I went back and read it
again. Sorry for the mistake.

Old 30-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Mak

On Mon, 30 May 2005 02:13:23 GMT, "Marc L."
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

Mak wrote in
:

I didn't start drinking any diet sodas until after I was diagnosed
and I didn't start drinking anywhere near that "much" until years
after I was diagnosed.

Diet sodas do NOT contribute to or lead to diabetes in anyway.

Hey, moron, I talked about drinkning 4L of REGULAR coke.

okay. I guess your perfection on earth.

Old 30-05-2005, 08:45 PM
ted rosenberg

another asshole who likes to demonstrate his ignorance

mrslang wrote:

Peanutjake wrote:

There is an online coupon for Diet Coke with Splenda.
http://www.dietcoke.com/splendacoupon.jsp

diet coke is bad enough as it is let alone adding that splenda crap to
it. drinking coke is not good for anyone, why would people want a diet
version of it to begin with? there are so many other alternitives when
it comes to drinks that diet pop shouldn't need to be on the market.
ever read a list of what they put in it?

Sally

--
"...in addition to being foreign territory the past is, as history, a
hall of mirrors that reflect the needs of souls observing from the present"
Old 30-05-2005, 08:47 PM
ted rosenberg

No twit,
drinking coke does NOT contribute to diabetes.

If you HAVE uncontrolled diabetes, your consumption of fluids goes way
up until you get your BG to stay below 200, NOT the other way around

mrslang wrote:

Mak wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:24:57 GMT, "Marc L."
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

"Pete" wrote in
groups.com:

Old 30-05-2005, 09:17 PM
mrslang

ted rosenberg stopped his tourettes long enough to sputter:

No twit,
drinking coke does NOT contribute to diabetes.

well, turdmonger, it does if a person drinks lots of it and it puts on
weight because of it. excess weight CAN contribute to Type 2 diabetes.

If you HAVE uncontrolled diabetes, your consumption of fluids goes way
up until you get your BG to stay below 200, NOT the other way around

did you even read the thread, fartknocker? the peson who posted the
message said that coke did contribute to his added weight and that
means it increased the possibility of type 2

hey at least mack was big enough to admit he was wrong. now how about
you twaddle walker?

Sally

Old 30-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Alan S

On Mon, 30 May 2005 15:45:17 -0400, ted rosenberg
wrote:

another asshole who likes to demonstrate his ignorance

Ted, that's not a statement I'd make too often if I were
you. Ignorance includes failure to check the backgrounds of
posters to see if they're genuine before wading in wearing
hob-nailed boots.

I accept that I'm ignorant - if I knew it all I wouldn't
need to be here.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Old 30-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Kevin D. Quitt

On Sat, 28 May 2005 10:58:57 -0400, Mak wrote:
On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:24:57 GMT, "Marc L."
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:
"Pete" wrote in
I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink
about 2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered

Actually, I used to drink two 2L bottles of coke, so, twice what you

Diet sodas do NOT contribute to or lead to diabetes in anyway.

It looks to me like they were talking about non-diet drinks.

--
_
Kevin D. Quitt