Ma˘k

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:24:57 GMT, "Marc L." >
Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness of usenet:

>"Pete" > wrote in
oups.com:

>> I'm saddened to say that before being diagnosed, I used to drink
>> about 2 liters of Coke a day, and that got worse when I discovered
>> it in tall
>>

> Me too, which probably contributed greatly to my diabetes.
>Actually, I used to drink two 2L bottles of coke, so, twice what you
>did. In Janurary 2002 I got the diagnosis. I immediately cut my
>intake, though I admit to drinking a can now and again. Especially
>when in the middle of a big depression.

I didn't start drinking any diet sodas until after I was diagnosed and
I didn't start drinking anywhere near that "much" until years after I
was diagnosed.

Diet sodas do NOT contribute to or lead to diabetes in anyway.

Perpetuating myths like this only leads to whack jobs like mad betti
martini and the rest of the anti aspartame fruit cakes.

Mck©®
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.diabetic-talk.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o o)

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;