Old 03-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Vox Humana

Default Stockpot

"Bev" wrote in message

Karen,

Cuisinart seems to be closing out their Chef's classic line - Amazon has
all kinds of pots at great prices. You can get a 12 quart stockpot for
$35.00 with free shipping. I have had a small Cuisinart for years and

just
purchased a wonderful 5.5 quart sauté pan for only $39.99. They have a
pasta insert which fits a 9 quart pot but oddly don't have a 9 quart pot
available.

That said, I have used a pasta insert and wasn't pleased. In my case, I
still had to carry the whole pot full of water and insert to the sink to
avoid all the drips the pasta insert makes. I'd just as soon drain it and
be done with it. Plus, the hot water helps clean out my kitchen drain.

I hear you about the dripping from the pasta insert. One advantage to the
insert is that you can remove the pasta and then make another batch without
having to bring a new pot of water to a boil. That may not be an issue if
you don't make serial batches of pasta. I generally start the pot with a
lid on to speed up boiling. I use the lid to catch the drips on the way to
the sink.

Old 03-10-2003, 08:05 PM
Michael Harp

On 10/3/03 13:56, in article , "Vox
Humana" wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message

[...]

Why are y'all going to the sink anyway?? Surely you're not serving it
there... :-)

--
Michael Harp
http://CopperPans.com

Old 03-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Vox Humana

"Michael Harp" wrote in message
On 10/3/03 13:56, in article ,

"Vox
Humana" wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message

[...]

Why yes. Doesn't everyone ?

Old 03-10-2003, 10:43 PM
Rick & Cyndi

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
:
: "Baldy Cotton" wrote in message
: ...
: Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
: Early on in the waterless cookware thread, I googled
"waterless cookware"
: and found, among other things, a "waterless stockpot" for
sale. Really.
:
: http://www.shop72.com/stockpot.html
:
: Sometimes life is indeed stranger than fiction.
:
: Oh, Dear, Dear, Dear. You just don't get it, do you...
:
: """30qt Precise Heat "Waterless" Stock Pot with steamer
basket. Made of
: 5-ply surgical stainless steel, this highly polished large
stock pot
: lets you steam cook"""
:
: With waterless stock, what you actually save is the "flavored
steam"
: instead of wasting so much water. Once collected, this
steam, which you
: can freeze in a zip-lock freezer bag, will keep the flavor
and nutrition
: of your vegetables for months. When needed, you just remove
the
: zip-lock bag from the freezer, empty the steam back into a
soup pot and
: add the rest of your ingredients.
:
: Stay tuned for the next episode in adventures in waterless
cooking when
: we learn to use the waterless tea kettle.
:
: Clarissa, - - the fat lady from BBC who isn't dead yet.
:
: Waterless tea kettles are far superior to conventional kettles
because they
: never boil over and are safer because they prevent you from
scolding
: yourself. Waterless tea has a bolder texture, retains its
essential oils
: that can evaporate when exposed to hot water, and can be
transported in you
: pocket for enjoyment anywhere you go.
:
: ======