Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christmas stockpot!

I found it! Cuisinart SS 12 qt stock pot w/ pasta insert and extra
steamer basket.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=14349

It's perfect. It's beautiful, well made w/ riveted handles and a
thick alum bottom, and at a reasonable price. Not the absurd $150
shown on the Macy webpage, which I used only cuz it has the best
photo, but only $80 at our snooty kitchen crap/gift shop, which
typically charges pretty much straight MSRP. I guess Macy's charges
that so you'll think you're getting a deal when they cut the price by
half for their Sunday paper sale. Jerks!

Anyway, it's a really nice pot, taller than wide which is perfect for
our compact range top, has a great pasta insert (I never make that
much pasta, but whatthehell), and I'll be saving to buy it for myself
come Christmas. Woo-hoo!

BTW, I now have five 1 qt freezer bags with about 3 cups ea of real
chicken stock, complete with chicken fat, which I left in, frozen
solid in the freezer. Got about 2 C in the fridge for making congee,
tonight. Found this recipe of what looks like about the right amounts
for my mini-crockpot:

http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Congee.htm

nb ...ratchets up!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Oct 19, 1:28*pm, notbob > wrote:
> I found it! *Cuisinart SS 12 qt stock pot w/ pasta insert and extra
> steamer basket. *
>
> http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...059&CategoryID....
>
> It's perfect. *It's beautiful, well made w/ riveted handles and a
> thick alum bottom, and at a reasonable price. *Not the absurd $150
> shown on the Macy webpage, which I used only cuz it has the best
> photo, but only $80 at our snooty kitchen crap/gift shop, which
> typically charges pretty much straight MSRP. *I guess Macy's charges
> that so you'll think you're getting a deal when they cut the price by
> half for their Sunday paper sale. *Jerks!
>
> Anyway, it's a really nice pot, taller than wide which is perfect for
> our compact range top, has a great pasta insert (I never make that
> much pasta, but whatthehell), and I'll be saving to buy it for myself
> come Christmas. *Woo-hoo! *
>
> BTW, I now have five 1 qt freezer bags with about 3 cups ea of real
> chicken stock, complete with chicken fat, which I left in, frozen
> solid in the freezer. *Got about 2 C in the fridge for making congee,
> tonight. *Found this recipe of what looks like about the right amounts
> for my mini-crockpot:
>
> http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Congee.htm
>
> nb ...ratchets up!

amazon has it on sale

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas...7522085&sr=8-3
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-19, ImStillMags > wrote:

> amazon has it on sale

Does anyone bother to read, anymore?

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 19, 2:03*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2010-10-19, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > amazon has it on sale

> Does anyone bother to read, anymore?
>
> nb

You could have saved a nickle!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:28:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I found it! Cuisinart SS 12 qt stock pot w/ pasta insert and extra
>steamer basket.
>
>http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=14349
>
>It's perfect. It's beautiful, well made w/ riveted handles and a
>thick alum bottom, and at a reasonable price. Not the absurd $150
>shown on the Macy webpage, which I used only cuz it has the best
>photo, but only $80 at our snooty kitchen crap/gift shop, which
>typically charges pretty much straight MSRP. I guess Macy's charges
>that so you'll think you're getting a deal when they cut the price by
>half for their Sunday paper sale. Jerks!
>
>Anyway, it's a really nice pot, taller than wide which is perfect for
>our compact range top, has a great pasta insert (I never make that
>much pasta, but whatthehell), and I'll be saving to buy it for myself
>come Christmas. Woo-hoo!

That Coozinart pot is crap. And you'll never use that fercocktah
insert.

The wearever pot I posted earlier is far superior... so is this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Cla...ef=pd_sbs_k_44

You're obviously an easy mark (weak minded) for garbage, as long as it
comes with exta attachments you're a sucker. Coozinart isn't even a
real company... everything under their label is crapola... that pot
ain't worth ten bucks, I wouldn't take it for free, in fact if you
paid me ten bucks I wouldn't take it... WTF would I want to store
something I'd never use. I never thought you were so fickle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-19, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> The wearever pot I posted earlier is far superior... so is this one:

Why?

You jes gonna rant and rave with your usual infantile name calling
thrown in or can you actually provide a viable argument?

> I never thought you were so fickle.

I've always known you are so childish.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:28:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> I found it! Cuisinart SS 12 qt stock pot w/ pasta insert and extra
> steamer basket.
>
> http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=14349
>
> It's perfect. It's beautiful, well made w/ riveted handles and a
> thick alum bottom, and at a reasonable price. Not the absurd $150
> shown on the Macy webpage, which I used only cuz it has the best
> photo, but only $80 at our snooty kitchen crap/gift shop, which
> typically charges pretty much straight MSRP. I guess Macy's charges
> that so you'll think you're getting a deal when they cut the price by
> half for their Sunday paper sale. Jerks!
>
> Anyway, it's a really nice pot, taller than wide which is perfect for
> our compact range top, has a great pasta insert (I never make that
> much pasta, but whatthehell), and I'll be saving to buy it for myself
> come Christmas. Woo-hoo!

You'll be getting all those pieces for $80? Such a deal! You should
ask that store if they "send" and publish their web address or
telephone number if they do!

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:15:18 -0700, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 14:02:13 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>

> >amazon has it on sale
> >
> >http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Clas...7522085&sr=8-3

> Yes, but if you read up in his post, it is also on sale at his local
> store, for the same price as Amazon.

I didn't get the idea it nb's was a sale price.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 20:28:49 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>I found it! Cuisinart SS 12 qt stock pot w/ pasta insert and extra
>steamer basket.
>
>http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...tegoryID=14349
>
>It's perfect. It's beautiful, well made w/ riveted handles and a
>thick alum bottom, and at a reasonable price. Not the absurd $150
>shown on the Macy webpage, which I used only cuz it has the best
>photo, but only $80 at our snooty kitchen crap/gift shop, which
>typically charges pretty much straight MSRP. I guess Macy's charges
>that so you'll think you're getting a deal when they cut the price by
>half for their Sunday paper sale. Jerks!
>
>Anyway, it's a really nice pot, taller than wide which is perfect for
>our compact range top, has a great pasta insert (I never make that
>much pasta, but whatthehell), and I'll be saving to buy it for myself
>come Christmas. Woo-hoo!
>
>BTW, I now have five 1 qt freezer bags with about 3 cups ea of real
>chicken stock, complete with chicken fat, which I left in, frozen
>solid in the freezer. Got about 2 C in the fridge for making congee,
>tonight. Found this recipe of what looks like about the right amounts
>for my mini-crockpot:
>
>http://www.rwood.com/Recipes/Congee.htm
>
>nb ...ratchets up!

I have an 8 quart no name like that. Have no idea what I paid for it.
The pasta insert works well for blanching.
--
Susan N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default NO CHRISTMAS UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING!

That is all.

Carry on!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-20, The Cook > wrote:

> The pasta insert works well for blanching.

It also looks perfect for Dungeness crab. I discovered live D-crab at
that Asian mkt in Colo Sprgs. I see a road trip around New Years.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:38:29 -0500, The Cook >
wrote:

>I have an 8 quart no name like that. Have no idea what I paid for it.
>The pasta insert works well for blanching.

I've always wanted an insert like that, who knows if I'd use it but
the idea sounds good. I know I would have used it a lot back when I
was teaching myself how to cook and trying to figure out what "al
dente" meant to me. The shallow steamer basket seems superfluous
though. Not sure what it can do that the insert can't.

The set is so well priced that it's really, really tempting me though.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:40:36 GMT, notbob > wrote:

>On 2010-10-20, The Cook > wrote:
>
>> The pasta insert works well for blanching.

>It also looks perfect for Dungeness crab. I discovered live D-crab at
>that Asian mkt in Colo Sprgs. I see a road trip around New Years.

Yay! I hope it's well priced too.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:44:57 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 07:38:29 -0500, The Cook >
>wrote:
>
>>I have an 8 quart no name like that. Have no idea what I paid for it.
>>The pasta insert works well for blanching.

>I've always wanted an insert like that, who knows if I'd use it but
>the idea sounds good. I know I would have used it a lot back when I
>was teaching myself how to cook and trying to figure out what "al
>dente" meant to me. The shallow steamer basket seems superfluous
>though. Not sure what it can do that the insert can't.
>
>The set is so well priced that it's really, really tempting me though.

That pot is crap... very poorly designed, those tiny handles are too
near the top for decent balance and they will become very hot... they
are actually a great danger, even with hot pads, near the top they
will dip into the pot. And when it's a set at that price all will be
very thin metal... that lid looks crappy too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:33:41 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>That is all.
>
>Carry on!

If you and I ruled the world, Christmas decorations would know their
place.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 08:46:49 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:40:36 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
>>On 2010-10-20, The Cook > wrote:
>>
>>> The pasta insert works well for blanching.

>>It also looks perfect for Dungeness crab. I discovered live D-crab at
>>that Asian mkt in Colo Sprgs. I see a road trip around New Years.
>>

>Yay! I hope it's well priced too.

For shellfish you want porcelainized carbon steel... such a pot is
very inexpensisve. I know many of yoose dummies don't want to believe
but SS is reactive too... the alloyed metals will affect the taste of
seafood... and if used often for shellfish SS will become pitted.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-20, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> For shellfish you want porcelainized carbon steel... such a pot is
> very inexpensisve. I know many of yoose dummies don't want to believe
> but SS is reactive too... the alloyed metals will affect the taste of
> seafood... and if used often for shellfish SS will become pitted.

I don't know if you really make crap up jes to fit your view, as so
many others have claimed, or are you, in truth, jes dumber'n a bag o'
hammers. This last post of yours doesn't exactly enhance your
credibility.

http://www.farvis.com/shellfish_cookers.htm

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:27:36 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2010-10-20, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>
>> For shellfish you want porcelainized carbon steel... such a pot is
>> very inexpensisve. I know many of yoose dummies don't want to believe
>> but SS is reactive too... the alloyed metals will affect the taste of
>> seafood... and if used often for shellfish SS will become pitted.

> I don't know if you really make crap up jes to fit your view, as so
> many others have claimed, or are you, in truth, jes dumber'n a bag o'
> hammers. This last post of yours doesn't exactly enhance your
> credibility.
>
> http://www.farvis.com/shellfish_cookers.htm
>
> nb

sheldon doesn't know his ass from shinola.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:16:21 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:27:36 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> On 2010-10-20, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:
>>
>>> For shellfish you want porcelainized carbon steel... such a pot is
>>> very inexpensisve. I know many of yoose dummies don't want to believe
>>> but SS is reactive too... the alloyed metals will affect the taste of
>>> seafood... and if used often for shellfish SS will become pitted.

>> I don't know if you really make crap up jes to fit your view, as so
>> many others have claimed, or are you, in truth, jes dumber'n a bag o'
>> hammers. This last post of yours doesn't exactly enhance your
>> credibility.
>>
>> http://www.farvis.com/shellfish_cookers.htm
>>
>> nb

>sheldon doesn't know his ass from shinola.

Notbob is a self admitted cookware moron and every hour of every day
here on rfc the mick publicly pronounces his moronicness regarding
EVERY topic... no one at rfc is so all around stupid as the mick.

For commercial crustacian cookery a *marine grade* stainless steel is
used. Ocean crustacians are properly cooked in seawater, or a strong
brine solution... ordinary stainless steel cookware will corrode.
Typical stainless steel home cookware will impart a metalic flavor to
crustacians... naturally those afflicted with TIAD won't notice. For
home use a commercial shellfish pot is too costly so porcelainized
cookware is recommended, which of course is also too fragile to
withstand the rigors of commercial use but is fine for home use. If
one wants fancy schmancy seafood cookware they can always spend a
small fortune on tinned copperware (do not use the new stainless steel
lined copperware for cooking crustacians).

This is a recommended crustacian cookpot for home use:
http://www.amazon.com/Granite-Ware-3...7685553&sr=8-6
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-10-21, Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote:

> For commercial crustacian cookery a *marine grade* stainless steel is

The pot is 18/10 SS, which is 316 grade. What? You think no one uses
salt to cook their pasta? Get back in the corner and shut up.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:59:55 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:16:21 -0400, blake murphy
> > wrote:

>>> I don't know if you really make crap up jes to fit your view, as so
>>> many others have claimed, or are you, in truth, jes dumber'n a bag o'
>>> hammers. This last post of yours doesn't exactly enhance your
>>> credibility.
>>>
>>> http://www.farvis.com/shellfish_cookers.htm
>>>
>>> nb

>>sheldon doesn't know his ass from shinola.

> Notbob is a self admitted cookware moron and every hour of every day
> here on rfc the mick publicly pronounces his moronicness regarding
> EVERY topic... no one at rfc is so all around stupid as the mick.

odd that no one except your fellow idiot andy seems to agree with you.

blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 13:15:14 -0400, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 14:59:55 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:16:21 -0400, blake murphy
> > > wrote:

> >>sheldon doesn't know his ass from shinola.

> > Notbob is a self admitted cookware moron and every hour of every day
> > here on rfc the mick publicly pronounces his moronicness regarding
> > EVERY topic... no one at rfc is so all around stupid as the mick.

> odd that no one except your fellow idiot andy seems to agree with you.

Andy? He did the math and said nb's pot was a nickel cheaper on
Amazon. What's wrong with that?

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.