Debbie Deutsch

Default Stockpot

Debbie Deutsch > wrote in
. 71.230:

> OTOH, for $99 you can get the made-in-China stainless steel All-Clad
> (disk on bottom, no cladding on the sides) 12-quart pasta pot with
> insert. I have seen it in the store and it will last forever. I
> didn't need it, because I have my Costco pot. I *did* buy the
> 16-quart model (no insert) for making stock. (I like to make my own
> stock with no salt and keep it on hand in the freezer. I end up with
> maybe 4 quarts out of that 16-quart stockpot. I love it.)

Oops! Typo! I meant to say that I end up with maybe 8 quarts of stock
or broth out of that 16-quart stockpot. It is lovingly referred to as
"the vat" (as in "Today is a good day to brew a vat of chicken stock.").

--
Anti-spam advisory: The email address used to post this article is a
throw-away address. It will be invalidated and replaced with another if