Scented Nectar

> >> "Objecting to the 1001st Death" is simply an expression, it does

not
> > intend
> >> to reflect a specific number of deaths.

> > It absolutely implies a numbers game, yet it provides no credible or
> > authoitative numerical facts.

> =====================
> yet they have been provided. Always snipped out by the likes of

you....

As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
ratio. Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.

As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
farming goes, at best the meat industry
causes 2.5 times the cds.

> > Veganism starts with not eating animal products as a basic, and it

does
> > indeed leave much to ones own judgement. I do not regard this as a

flaw.
> > Veganism is inclusive and tries not to be too dogmatic.

> ====================
> ROTFLMAO It's the very definition os such as practiced here on

usenet!

Why do you have to keep on being reminded
that veganism is not a religion?

> >> It is completely unsubstantiated that "veganic" farming would be a

> > workable
> >> solution to feeding the human population.

> > There is no reason it would not work for most.

> ==================
> It's still machine intensive you ignorant dolt.

No it's not. Veganic farming, I believe uses
compassionate harvesting (=manual, usually).

> What a load of BS. What number do you want? There is 1, the moose,

fool!
> He provides thousands of meals! Prove that your tofu substitute

meats
> cause less than 1, fool. Come on, show your claims! Soy processing

into
> tofu is an intensive process, despite your continued claims. massive

inputs
> from the petro-chemical industry are required from seeding to putting

the
> fake crap on your plate! Destruction and animal deaths around the

world,
> not just where you eat the final product. You are seriously

terminally
> ignorant if you wish to dispute that.

If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
1 cd for you.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Jay Santos

Scented Nectar wrote:

> not
>
>>>intend

>>>It absolutely implies a numbers game, yet it provides no credible or
>>>authoitative numerical facts.

>>=====================
>>yet they have been provided. Always snipped out by the likes of
>>you....

> As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> ratio. Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.
>
> As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> farming goes, at best the meat industry
> causes 2.5 times the cds.

Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
MUCH IS about a numbers game.

>>>Veganism starts with not eating animal products as a basic, and it

> does
>
>>>indeed leave much to ones own judgement. I do not regard this as a

> flaw.
>
>>>Veganism is inclusive and tries not to be too dogmatic.

>>====================
>>ROTFLMAO It's the very definition os such as practiced here on

> usenet!
>
> Why do you have to keep on being reminded
> that veganism is not a religion?

It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
although "veganism" has things very much like priests
and sacred texts.

>>>workable

>>>There is no reason it would not work for most.

>>==================
>>It's still machine intensive you ignorant dolt.

> No it's not. Veganic farming, I believe uses
> compassionate harvesting (=manual, usually).

You are wrong, and you had no basis for making the
claim in the first place; it's pure fabrication.

There is no such word as "veganic".

>>What a load of BS. What number do you want? There is 1, the moose,

> fool!
>
>>He provides thousands of meals! Prove that your tofu substitute

> meats
>
>>cause less than 1, fool. Come on, show your claims! Soy processing

> into
>
>>tofu is an intensive process, despite your continued claims. massive

> inputs
>
>>from the petro-chemical industry are required from seeding to putting

> the
>
>>fake crap on your plate! Destruction and animal deaths around the

> world,
>
>>not just where you eat the final product. You are seriously

> terminally
>
>>ignorant if you wish to dispute that.

> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

Jay Santos

Scented Nectar wrote:

> not
>
>>>intend

>>>It absolutely implies a numbers game, yet it provides no credible or
>>>authoitative numerical facts.

>>=====================
>>yet they have been provided. Always snipped out by the likes of
>>you....

> As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> ratio. Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.
>
> As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> farming goes, at best the meat industry
> causes 2.5 times the cds.

Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
MUCH IS about a numbers game.

>>>Veganism starts with not eating animal products as a basic, and it

> does
>
>>>indeed leave much to ones own judgement. I do not regard this as a

> flaw.
>
>>>Veganism is inclusive and tries not to be too dogmatic.

>>====================
>>ROTFLMAO It's the very definition os such as practiced here on

> usenet!
>
> Why do you have to keep on being reminded
> that veganism is not a religion?

It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
although "veganism" has things very much like priests
and sacred texts.

>>>workable

>>>There is no reason it would not work for most.

>>==================
>>It's still machine intensive you ignorant dolt.

> No it's not. Veganic farming, I believe uses
> compassionate harvesting (=manual, usually).

You are wrong, and you had no basis for making the
claim in the first place; it's pure fabrication.

There is no such word as "veganic".

>>What a load of BS. What number do you want? There is 1, the moose,

> fool!
>
>>He provides thousands of meals! Prove that your tofu substitute

> meats
>
>>cause less than 1, fool. Come on, show your claims! Soy processing

> into
>
>>tofu is an intensive process, despite your continued claims. massive

> inputs
>
>>from the petro-chemical industry are required from seeding to putting

> the
>
>>fake crap on your plate! Destruction and animal deaths around the

> world,
>
>>not just where you eat the final product. You are seriously

> terminally
>
>>ignorant if you wish to dispute that.

> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
> As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> ratio. Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.

NO. They do NOT.

> As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> farming goes,

You mean farming. There's no such thing as "veganic farming," which is
oxymoronic.

> at best the meat industry
> causes 2.5 times the cds.

Ipse dixit. You object only to the 1001st death, and you also eat fake
meat. Your objections are hypocritical.

<snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily intentional.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
> As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> ratio. Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.

NO. They do NOT.

> As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> farming goes,

You mean farming. There's no such thing as "veganic farming," which is
oxymoronic.

> at best the meat industry
> causes 2.5 times the cds.

Ipse dixit. You object only to the 1001st death, and you also eat fake
meat. Your objections are hypocritical.

<snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily intentional.

usual suspect

usual suspect wrote:

Two minor corrections:

> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>

Meant to be "snip of romantic bs about third-world *subsistence* farming
practices."

>> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>> 1 cd for you.

> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily intentional.

Its, even.
usual suspect

usual suspect wrote:

Two minor corrections:

> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>

Meant to be "snip of romantic bs about third-world *subsistence* farming
practices."

>> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>> 1 cd for you.

> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily intentional.

Its, even.
Scented Nectar

> Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
> foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
> MUCH IS about a numbers game.

The numbers, when calculated properly will always
show eating vegan is better.

> It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
> have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
> although "veganism" has things very much like priests
> and sacred texts.

I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
a lifestyle or a philosophy.

> There is no such word as "veganic".

There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
it a few days ago.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
> foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
> MUCH IS about a numbers game.

The numbers, when calculated properly will always
show eating vegan is better.

> It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
> have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
> although "veganism" has things very much like priests
> and sacred texts.

I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
a lifestyle or a philosophy.

> There is no such word as "veganic".

There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
it a few days ago.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
> > If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> > compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> > raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> > everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> > 1 cd for you.

> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

intentional.

Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
> > If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> > compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> > raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> > everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> > 1 cd for you.

> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

intentional.

Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>><snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
>>
>>>If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>>>compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>>>raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>>>everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>>>1 cd for you.

>>That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily
>>intentional.

> Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds. That's
2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets run
over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory in
the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:

Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>><snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
>>
>>>If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>>>compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>>>raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>>>everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>>>1 cd for you.

>>That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily
>>intentional.

> Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds. That's
2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets run
over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory in
the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:

Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.
rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

> not
>> > intend
>> >
>> > It absolutely implies a numbers game, yet it provides no credible or
>> > authoitative numerical facts.

>> =====================
>> yet they have been provided. Always snipped out by the likes of

> you....
>
> As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> ratio.

====================
Yet you still ignore the fact that not all meat needs or gets this
crop/finishing. Why is that hypocrite? Afraid that it shows the ignorance
and hypocrisy of your spew?

Vegan foods of coarse have a 1:1.
=================
No, it does not, and he should you that too! Why do your selectivly pick
and choose, then dishonestly spin what you are told, killer?

> As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> farming goes, at best the meat industry
> causes 2.5 times the cds.

================
No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to convince
yourself?

>> > Veganism starts with not eating animal products as a basic, and it

> does
>> > indeed leave much to ones own judgement. I do not regard this as a

> flaw.
>> > Veganism is inclusive and tries not to be too dogmatic.

>> ====================
>> ROTFLMAO It's the very definition os such as practiced here on

> usenet!
>
> Why do you have to keep on being reminded
> that veganism is not a religion?

==================
But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove it,
hypocrite.

>> > workable
>> >
>> > There is no reason it would not work for most.

>> ==================
>> It's still machine intensive you ignorant dolt.

> No it's not. Veganic farming, I believe uses
> compassionate harvesting (=manual, usually).

====================
And you can feed the world how? Face it, you know as little about that as
anything else you've posted. Try learning about it, killer. It applies to
large scale farms as well....

>> What a load of BS. What number do you want? There is 1, the moose,

> fool!
>> He provides thousands of meals! Prove that your tofu substitute

> meats
>> cause less than 1, fool. Come on, show your claims! Soy processing

> into
>> tofu is an intensive process, despite your continued claims. massive

> inputs
>> from the petro-chemical industry are required from seeding to putting

> the
>> fake crap on your plate! Destruction and animal deaths around the

> world,
>> not just where you eat the final product. You are seriously

> terminally
>> ignorant if you wish to dispute that.

> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

====================
No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are better
than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so all I
have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just read what
you write, and poof, the lys are there...

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

====================

================

====================
No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are better
than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so all I
have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just read what
you write, and poof, the lys are there...

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

Thanks for again displaying your dishonesty, stinky...

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
>> foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
>> MUCH IS about a numbers game.

> The numbers, when calculated properly will always
> show eating vegan is better.

================
Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you make
that claim all the time.

>> It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
>> have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
>> although "veganism" has things very much like priests
>> and sacred texts.

> I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
> a lifestyle or a philosophy.
>
>> There is no such word as "veganic".

> There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
> it a few days ago.
>

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

================
Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you make
that claim all the time.

>> It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
>> have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
>> although "veganism" has things very much like priests
>> and sacred texts.

> I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
> a lifestyle or a philosophy.
>
>> There is no such word as "veganic".

> There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
> it a few days ago.
>

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
>> > If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>> > compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>> > raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>> > everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>> > 1 cd for you.

>> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

> intentional.
>
> Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

==============
and 10,000 cds for you. Now we're even, right killer?

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> <snip more romantic bs about third-world farming practices>
>> > If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
>> > compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
>> > raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
>> > everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
>> > 1 cd for you.

>> That moose is not a collateral death. It's death is primarily

> intentional.
>
> Oookay. Correction: '1 id for you'.

==============
and 10,000 cds for you. Now we're even, right killer?

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

Scented Nectar

> IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds.

That's
> 2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
> fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
> casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
> dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets

run
> over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
> machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory

in
> the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:
>
> Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
> Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.

How many times must I correct you? If you are going
to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
food, also with 0 cds.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds.

That's
> 2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
> fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
> casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
> dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets

run
> over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
> machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory

in
> the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:
>
> Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
> Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.

How many times must I correct you? If you are going
to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
food, also with 0 cds.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
>>foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
>>MUCH IS about a numbers game.

> The numbers, when calculated properly will always
> show eating vegan is better.

See:
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html

>>It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
>>have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
>>although "veganism" has things very much like priests
>>and sacred texts.

> I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
> a lifestyle or a philosophy.

Wrong. That's what it's been from it's beginning:
In late 1944, The Vegan Society was established, advocating a
totally plant-based diet excluding flesh, fish, fowl, eggs,
honey, and animals' milk, butter, and cheese, and also
encouraging the manufacture and use of alternatives to animal
commodities, including clothing and shoes. The group argued that
the elimination of exploitation of any kind was necessary in
order to bring about a more reasonable and humane society. FROM
ITS INCEPTION, VEGANISM WAS DEFINED AS A "PHILOSOPHY" AND "WAY
OF LIVING." IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE MERELY A DIET AND, STILL
TODAY, DESCRIBES A LIFESTYLE AND BELIEF SYSTEM THAT REVOLVES
AROUND A REVERENCE FOR LIFE.
http://www.vegsource.com/jo/veganliving.htm

>>There is no such word as "veganic".

> There should be.

No.

> It's a great word.

It only demonstrates something I didn't get into in my post about
fundamentalism and veganism: after a while, fundamentalist sects break
down into competing, hair-splitting factions. It's something which
basically is a hair-splitting attempt at becoming even more
self-righteous about how one's food is actually grown than a normal, run
of the mill vegan. That's NOT a good thing. It's a sign of going off the
deep end. And you're showing approval of it. Tsk, tsk.

> Someone here used it a few days ago.

It's an illiterate attempt of joining two words so one can
sanctimoniously differentiate himself, and accordingly his even more
peculiar beliefs and practices, from all the other run of the mill
(heretical, "vegan in name only") vegans.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
>>Thanks for helping to demonstrate that, contrary to the
>>foolish assertions of John Coleman, "veganism" VERY
>>MUCH IS about a numbers game.

> The numbers, when calculated properly will always
> show eating vegan is better.

See:
http://eesc.orst.edu/agcomwebfile/news/food/vegan.html

>>It IS a form of religion. A belief system need not
>>have priests and sacred texts to be a religion,
>>although "veganism" has things very much like priests
>>and sacred texts.

> I don't agree. At it's most extreme, it could be called
> a lifestyle or a philosophy.

Wrong. That's what it's been from it's beginning:
In late 1944, The Vegan Society was established, advocating a
totally plant-based diet excluding flesh, fish, fowl, eggs,
honey, and animals' milk, butter, and cheese, and also
encouraging the manufacture and use of alternatives to animal
commodities, including clothing and shoes. The group argued that
the elimination of exploitation of any kind was necessary in
order to bring about a more reasonable and humane society. FROM
ITS INCEPTION, VEGANISM WAS DEFINED AS A "PHILOSOPHY" AND "WAY
OF LIVING." IT WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE MERELY A DIET AND, STILL
TODAY, DESCRIBES A LIFESTYLE AND BELIEF SYSTEM THAT REVOLVES
AROUND A REVERENCE FOR LIFE.
http://www.vegsource.com/jo/veganliving.htm

>>There is no such word as "veganic".

> There should be.

No.

> It's a great word.

It only demonstrates something I didn't get into in my post about
fundamentalism and veganism: after a while, fundamentalist sects break
down into competing, hair-splitting factions. It's something which
basically is a hair-splitting attempt at becoming even more
self-righteous about how one's food is actually grown than a normal, run
of the mill vegan. That's NOT a good thing. It's a sign of going off the
deep end. And you're showing approval of it. Tsk, tsk.

> Someone here used it a few days ago.

It's an illiterate attempt of joining two words so one can
sanctimoniously differentiate himself, and accordingly his even more
peculiar beliefs and practices, from all the other run of the mill
(heretical, "vegan in name only") vegans.
rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message

>> IIRC, a 900 pound bull moose will dress out at about 500 pounds.

> That's
>> 2000 quarter-pound servings from one dead animal. Your rice, Yves
>> fake-meat sausage, and other foods result in many more animal
>> casualities and fatalities. How many meals do you get from all those
>> dead mice, frogs, rats, snakes, birds, deer, and whatever else gets

> run
>> over, sliced, diced, poisoned, or drowned so you can eat fake meat and
>> machine-harvested rice? If it's more than 2000, you can claim victory

> in
>> the counting game. Until then, what I told you before stands:
>>
>> Moose-included diet: one animal death results in many meals.
>> Your vegan diet: many animal deaths result in one meal.

> How many times must I correct you? If you are going
> to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
> it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
> food, also with 0 cds.

=====================
As soon as you correct yourself, fool. You made the claim that all vegan
foods are better than all meats. A claim that you cannot back up, and have
now been shown to be a ly. So now it's up to goal-post moves. Nice try
hypocrite, but your diet still loses, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

=====================
As soon as you correct yourself, fool. You made the claim that all vegan
foods are better than all meats. A claim that you cannot back up, and have
now been shown to be a ly. So now it's up to goal-post moves. Nice try
hypocrite, but your diet still loses, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

Scented Nectar

"rick etter" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Thanks for again displaying your dishonesty, stinky...

Where's that? And get your nose out
of my armpit you pig!! The nerve of these
usenet trolls!!!

> > The numbers, when calculated properly will always
> > show eating vegan is better.

> ================
> Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you

make
> that claim all the time.

I've already proven it over in alt.food.vegan more
times than I can keep count of, not to mention
all the times I correct the comparisons made.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

ink.net...

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
> How many times must I correct you?

Zero. You should correct your gross errors and distortions.

> If you are going
> to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
> it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
> food, also with 0 cds.

The difference in our culture is that people hunt moose and eat it, but
they don't use the kinds of agricultural practices common in third-world
subsistence farming. IOW, the argument I'm making (and others) is based
on reality. The argument you're making isn't.
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
> How many times must I correct you?

Zero. You should correct your gross errors and distortions.

> If you are going
> to compare wildcrafted meat with 0 cds, then compare
> it to wildcrafted and/or veganically grown plant-based
> food, also with 0 cds.

The difference in our culture is that people hunt moose and eat it, but
they don't use the kinds of agricultural practices common in third-world
subsistence farming. IOW, the argument I'm making (and others) is based
on reality. The argument you're making isn't.
Scented Nectar

> > As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> > alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> > meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> > ratio.

> ====================
> Yet you still ignore the fact that not all meat needs or gets this
> crop/finishing. Why is that hypocrite? Afraid that it shows the

ignorance
> and hypocrisy of your spew?

I'm not talking about fringe foods like your
scrub raised goat or my potatoes I bought
at a small farm where they harvest manually.

I'm referring to the meat industry as a whole
and the plants grown for human consumption
industry as a whole.

> No, it does not, and he should you that too! Why do your selectivly

pick
> and choose, then dishonestly spin what you are told, killer?

First of all, can you repeat that first sentence?
I can't make heads or tails of it. I honestly
believe what I write. What do you think is
so dishonest?

> > As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> > farming goes, at best the meat industry
> > causes 2.5 times the cds.

> ================
> No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to

convince
> yourself?

You just don't get it, do you. Or maybe you
do and are shit disturbing just to try and drive
people mad.

> > Why do you have to keep on being reminded
> > that veganism is not a religion?

> ==================
> But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove

it,
> hypocrite.

Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

> No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
> veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are

better
> than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so

all I
> have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just

read what
> you write, and poof, the lys are there...

Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> > As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
> > alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
> > meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
> > ratio.

> ====================
> Yet you still ignore the fact that not all meat needs or gets this
> crop/finishing. Why is that hypocrite? Afraid that it shows the

ignorance
> and hypocrisy of your spew?

I'm not talking about fringe foods like your
scrub raised goat or my potatoes I bought
at a small farm where they harvest manually.

I'm referring to the meat industry as a whole
and the plants grown for human consumption
industry as a whole.

> No, it does not, and he should you that too! Why do your selectivly

pick
> and choose, then dishonestly spin what you are told, killer?

First of all, can you repeat that first sentence?
I can't make heads or tails of it. I honestly
believe what I write. What do you think is
so dishonest?

> > As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
> > farming goes, at best the meat industry
> > causes 2.5 times the cds.

> ================
> No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to

convince
> yourself?

You just don't get it, do you. Or maybe you
do and are shit disturbing just to try and drive
people mad.

> > Why do you have to keep on being reminded
> > that veganism is not a religion?

> ==================
> But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove

it,
> hypocrite.

Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

> No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
> veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are

better
> than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so

all I
> have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just

read what
> you write, and poof, the lys are there...

Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
>>>The numbers, when calculated properly will always
>>>show eating vegan is better.

>>================
>>Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you
>>make that claim all the time.

> I've already proven it over in alt.food.vegan more
> times than I can keep count of,

No, you've REPEATED the same thing over and over. You have NOT proven
anything. You've only ducked tail and run when asked to prove things.

<...>
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
<...>
>>>The numbers, when calculated properly will always
>>>show eating vegan is better.

>>================
>>Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you
>>make that claim all the time.

> I've already proven it over in alt.food.vegan more
> times than I can keep count of,

No, you've REPEATED the same thing over and over. You have NOT proven
anything. You've only ducked tail and run when asked to prove things.

<...>
rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
>> > As far as numbers go, usual has posted in
>> > alt.food.vegan proof that at it's very best the
>> > meat industry has a 2.5:1 crop:finalproduct
>> > ratio.

>> ====================
>> Yet you still ignore the fact that not all meat needs or gets this
>> crop/finishing. Why is that hypocrite? Afraid that it shows the

> ignorance
>> and hypocrisy of your spew?

> I'm not talking about fringe foods like your
> scrub raised goat or my potatoes I bought
> at a small farm where they harvest manually.

===========================
Niether am I fool. The meat I eat is readily available. farm more so than
any mythical organic stuff you claim to buy...

> I'm referring to the meat industry as a whole
> and the plants grown for human consumption
> industry as a whole.

======================
Why? We are discussing what you and I can do individually. That you have
to move the goalpost to include everybody else says that you don't really
bekieve you diet does what you claim, hypocrite.

>> No, it does not, and he should you that too! Why do your selectivly

> pick
>> and choose, then dishonestly spin what you are told, killer?

> First of all, can you repeat that first sentence?

===============
Fine fool. He also 'showed' you that your diet isn't 1:1. Why do you
continue to ly?

> I can't make heads or tails of it. I honestly
> believe what I write. What do you think is
> so dishonest?

===============
Your constant snipping, and your selective quoting. You were also shown
that you diet isn't 1:1, yet you keep repeting the ly.

>> > As far as animal deaths from non-veganic
>> > farming goes, at best the meat industry
>> > causes 2.5 times the cds.

>> ================
>> No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to

> convince
>> yourself?

> You just don't get it, do you. Or maybe you
> do and are shit disturbing just to try and drive
> people mad.

=================
I get it very well, *you* don't believe in your own diet, so you have to ly
about somebody elses. You cannot focus on yours, because you lose that
argument, everytime, killer.

>> > Why do you have to keep on being reminded
>> > that veganism is not a religion?

>> ==================
>> But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove

> it,
>> hypocrite.

> Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
> food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

==============
Both are faith based, fool...

>> No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
>> veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are

> better
>> than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so

> all I
>> have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just

> read what
>> you write, and poof, the lys are there...

> Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
> I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

=====================
Go right ahead, only the meat I eat is not fringe market. It's widely
available. Despite your continue lys, not all beef is finished on grains...
All your crops are the definition of habitat destruction and environmental
damage. You can't get around it, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

======================

===============

=================
I get it very well, *you* don't believe in your own diet, so you have to ly
about somebody elses. You cannot focus on yours, because you lose that
argument, everytime, killer.

>> > Why do you have to keep on being reminded
>> > that veganism is not a religion?

>> ==================
>> But it is, your dogmatic faith in the lys that you keep posting prove

> it,
>> hypocrite.

> Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
> food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

==============
Both are faith based, fool...

>> No fool. There is no need for me to compare any meat to any specific
>> veggies. You have already made the claim that all vegan diets are

> better
>> than any meat-included diets. You made the original comparison, so

> all I
>> have to do is show you how you lied. Very easy to do really, just

> read what
>> you write, and poof, the lys are there...

> Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
> I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

=====================
Go right ahead, only the meat I eat is not fringe market. It's widely
available. Despite your continue lys, not all beef is finished on grains...
All your crops are the definition of habitat destruction and environmental
damage. You can't get around it, killer.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

"Scented Nectar" > wrote in message
> "rick etter" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
>> Thanks for again displaying your dishonesty, stinky...

> Where's that? And get your nose out
> of my armpit you pig!! The nerve of these
> usenet trolls!!!

=================
Your constand and contiuned snipping without annotation, fool.

>> > The numbers, when calculated properly will always
>> > show eating vegan is better.

>> ================
>> Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you

> make
>> that claim all the time.

> I've already proven it over in alt.food.vegan more
> times than I can keep count of, not to mention
> all the times I correct the comparisons made.

====================
No, you haven't. Post it fool. It should be easy for you, eh killer?

>> > There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
>> > it a few days ago.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

rick etter

=================
Your constand and contiuned snipping without annotation, fool.

>> > The numbers, when calculated properly will always
>> > show eating vegan is better.

>> ================
>> Then prove your numbers fool! Come on, it should be easy, since you

> make
>> that claim all the time.

> I've already proven it over in alt.food.vegan more
> times than I can keep count of, not to mention
> all the times I correct the comparisons made.

====================
No, you haven't. Post it fool. It should be easy for you, eh killer?

>> > There should be. It's a great word. Someone here used
>> > it a few days ago.

> --
> SN
> http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
> A huge directory listing over 700 veg recipe sites.
> Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.
> Irony, ignorance and hypocrisy on display.

Scented Nectar

> > I'm referring to the meat industry as a whole
> > and the plants grown for human consumption
> > industry as a whole.

> ======================
> Why? We are discussing what you and I can do individually. That you

have
> to move the goalpost to include everybody else says that you don't

really
> bekieve you diet does what you claim, hypocrite.

No, we weren't talking about what you and I can do
individually. Where did you get that? No goalposts
were moved by me. You just don't like it when I
insist we keep the comparison of apples to apples.

> > First of all, can you repeat that first sentence?

> ===============
> Fine fool. He also 'showed' you that your diet isn't 1:1. Why do you
> continue to ly?

I'm not lying.

> > I can't make heads or tails of it. I honestly
> > believe what I write. What do you think is
> > so dishonest?

> ===============
> Your constant snipping, and your selective quoting. You were also

shown
> that you diet isn't 1:1, yet you keep repeting the ly.

The processing of foods ups the ratio, but for both
sides, so that's evened up.

As for my snipping, I can't respond to EVERY silly
thing you say, so I trim off the excess. Why waste
bandwidth and screenspace?

> >> ================
> >> No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to

> > convince
> >> yourself?

Let me correct myself, I should have said
"minimum 2.5...".

> > Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
> > food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

> ==============
> Both are faith based, fool...

I have faith that one of my favourite
programs will always run reliably. Is
that a religion too?

> > Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
> > I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

> =====================
> Go right ahead, only the meat I eat is not fringe market. It's widely
> available. Despite your continue lys, not all beef is finished on

grains...
> All your crops are the definition of habitat destruction and

environmental
> damage. You can't get around it, killer.

Organic (=usually veganic) produce and seeds
are widely availlable too. You cannot say that
they all have cds. Some do, but some don't.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Scented Nectar

> > I'm referring to the meat industry as a whole
> > and the plants grown for human consumption
> > industry as a whole.

> ======================
> Why? We are discussing what you and I can do individually. That you

have
> to move the goalpost to include everybody else says that you don't

really
> bekieve you diet does what you claim, hypocrite.

No, we weren't talking about what you and I can do
individually. Where did you get that? No goalposts
were moved by me. You just don't like it when I
insist we keep the comparison of apples to apples.

> > First of all, can you repeat that first sentence?

> ===============
> Fine fool. He also 'showed' you that your diet isn't 1:1. Why do you
> continue to ly?

I'm not lying.

> > I can't make heads or tails of it. I honestly
> > believe what I write. What do you think is
> > so dishonest?

> ===============
> Your constant snipping, and your selective quoting. You were also

shown
> that you diet isn't 1:1, yet you keep repeting the ly.

The processing of foods ups the ratio, but for both
sides, so that's evened up.

As for my snipping, I can't respond to EVERY silly
thing you say, so I trim off the excess. Why waste
bandwidth and screenspace?

> >> ================
> >> No, it is not. hy do you repeat this ly over and over? trying to

> > convince
> >> yourself?

Let me correct myself, I should have said
"minimum 2.5...".

> > Liar. My religion is atheism. Veganism is a
> > food system I feel is best for a number of reasons.

> ==============
> Both are faith based, fool...

I have faith that one of my favourite
programs will always run reliably. Is
that a religion too?

> > Hey, if you're going to specify a fringe market meat,
> > I get to specify fringe market plant foods.

> =====================
> Go right ahead, only the meat I eat is not fringe market. It's widely
> available. Despite your continue lys, not all beef is finished on

grains...
> All your crops are the definition of habitat destruction and

environmental
> damage. You can't get around it, killer.

Organic (=usually veganic) produce and seeds
are widely availlable too. You cannot say that
they all have cds. Some do, but some don't.

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/
Has a fun 'Jump to a Randon Link' button.

Dutch

"Scented Nectar" > wrote
> If you are going to compare a wild moose with something,
> compare it to similar wildcrafted vegan food, like wild
> raspberries, or wild apples, or wild nuts, etc. 0 cds for
> everyone. Woops, I forgot, you killed the moose!
> 1 cd for you.

The purpose of the moose example is to illustrate that the categorical claim
that "no meat is ever superior to veggies" stance taken by "vegans" is a
fallacy.